It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Anyone who actually puts forth a decent attempt at getting to know the guy would clearly see he is not racist. But that requires a bit of reading and research. Those I see here bringing up stupid arguments against the OP such as the poster above me, clearly do not possess the intelligence, honesty and patience required to find that out for themselves. Instead they'll let those that speak from the all-powerful idiot box do the thinking for them.

You assume far too much.

First of all, the only stupid argument is that he must not be racist because he took money from black people.
I did not get a damn bit of info about Paul from any idiot box. You all think this is new because YOU just heard about it on tv. Some of us knew of these things long ago.

I'm hoping these fools are dwindling in their numbers, because it's their ignorance that has brought the country into the grim state that it is in now.

Thumbs up to the OP.

Yeah well when Ron Paul becomes president I will eat my words.
He has racist newsletters with his name on them. The idiot box can say anything it wants. I want Paul to answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Maybe I saw a different version of the clip? Because the clip I saw Ron clearly explains that he didn't write them, read them, and he disavows them.

The problem is that you watched a clip.
Turn off the tv and do some research. They were all written in Paul's name.
Why is Paul not suing someone for fraudulently publishing these things under his name?
Maybe because he wrote them?

You keep watching clips.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
His name is on ALL of the newsletters.
He admits he did in fact write some of the articles written in his name.
He does not specify which he did and did not write but does acknowledge he put his name to all of them.

How is he not responsible for what was written then?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

You continue to demonstrate my point. You say you want Ron Paul to answer? Had you done any sort of legitimate research of your own, just a simple google or youtube search, and you would have found literally countless cases where he has answered the allegations very clearly. On top of that, had you done any sort of legitimate research on the guy himself, his history, his stances, his philosophy, etc. then you would not need to look for his answers to such pathetic questions, because it'd be clearly obvious that he is not a racist man.

It doesn't take much common sense to realize that he is an incredibly honest and genuinely nice guy -- once you've realized this, the question of racism is just downright silly considering he has stated countless times that he did not write those articles, he does not agree with them, and he's absolutely not racist.

You're either lying when you say you've done the research, and therefore you are being dishonest/trolling... or you lack the capacity to use common sense and see the truth for what it is. That simple.
edit on 22/12/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Everything he has said is based solely and extensively upon individual research is where him and I draw our conclusions from and him like myself does not need the corporatist lame stream media to tell us what to think or how to think.

Not one press memo or briefing slamming this publication!
Not one institution of any lawsuits for "Defamation of character", "Slander" and continues to be none!
Not one statement from him, his private practice office, his House Of Rep office, Campaign staff offices slamming and condemning this action!
Not one threat or issuance of a "Cease and Desist" order has been issued!

Nothing has been issued!

It's like he's intentionally trying to sweep this under the rug by completely and continuing to ignore this. He just simply can't ignore this as for someone to run for POTUS we have every damn right to know everything he's ever done, every single stance he's ever taken since he graduated from High School, I demand to know everything! When you choose to willingly run for the top office in the nation everything you've ever done good or bad is an open book as you forfeit your right to privacy. That's just how public service works. Your life is an open book for everyone and their mother to critique. Either put up or drop out, there is no third option and by him intentionally avoiding to answer this question automatically tells me he has something to hide.

I hope you have at least $1 Million in the bank because let him in and your Social Security is gone, your Medicare and Medicaid is gone, your Social Security retirement is gone! I hope you have a plan in place now to take care of your parents as they get older because they will be left out in the cold if he gets his way.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I understand that Ron Paul is the darling of ATS but here is the deal. There are some who will not let the racist thing go, it will become the Birther issue for Ron Paul and he better learn how to deal with it without walking off the set. Hes a smart man I hope he engages the issue head on and as often as needed.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Funny how this crew will rabidly defend Paul over these accusations due to a lack of evidence.

Yet despite producing his birth certificate on multiple occasions, many of the same people still keep harping on the baseless "Obama isn't a citizen!" meme.

In essence, many of you are no different than the people attacking Ron Paul. Think about that for a bit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Yeah that was fun and all but what you are forgetting is that in this case, there is an actual beaten wife. Someone beat her and Paul put his name on it. So...Paul needs to answer for it.

OH just stop. Get the eff out of here. As a doctor and a congressman you really really have to walk the fine line especially a man like doctor Paul who espouses common sense and anti corporate government.

link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by blupblup

The premise of this thread is Ron Paul is not a racist and you just admitted that you believed Ron Paul was not a racist. My job is complete.

Thank You for your participation and enthusiastic support of Ron Paul.

No worries...

However, you asked people to challenge based on your evidence, that Ron Paul is racist.
I did so and showed how he could be racist and how your evidence for him not being racist, is at best, laughable.

I don't care one way or another if he is or isn't racist... but to see so many blindly agreeing with your premise and evidence without using their brains is very, very sad.

I showed how RP can be racist and still say and do the things he has done.

Therefore you have been challenged and your OP debunked.

Thanks very much.

link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Baseless accusation? It isn't baseless, there is printed material with his name on it that is racist. He simply denies he was involved.
Which part of this is a baseless accusation?

Regardless if he is not racist now, its certainly now plausible he once was, maybe due to politics he decided to step out of that arena? That certainly is possible too.

Come on at least be fair about your defense instead of making it a mockery.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Or maybe he's been asked that question about 10 times by CNN in the past week. No, you're right, he should spend half of his time that he's being interviewed repeating the same thing he's said the last 9 times. Otherwise, he'd just be a little baby! Why doesn't he just continue to talk about that? What kind of a whiny brat would get irritated at the same institution asking the same question that he's given the same answer to time and time again?
edit on 22-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

Your one of those people who would defend someone even if its a fact their evil but you believe their good. Your a sheep.

link   
reply to post by jtap66

There is a major and fundamental difference between this issue and the Birther issue as that is the Birther claim was totally and factually baseless while this case has corresponding documentation and facts to support this so do not dare say that this will be Paul's Birther issue!

link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Yeah OK buddy boy, find us a single speech where Ron Paul says something racist. Not some newsletter under his name, I want to see him saying it with my own eyes. Such a hateful racist must be spouting rhetoric like that nonstop, right?

What are you talking about?

I didn't say RP was racist... I couldn't give a **** whether he is or not?
Makes no difference to me... my point in posting in this thread, was to say that people can "Treat black people as patients" and "have black people come out in support of them" and STILL be racist.

Something that the OP asked, nay invited people to challenge him on.... I accepted the challenge and provided evidence to back up my post.

That's it.... no agenda, nothing against Saint Ron Paul.... whether this was Ron Paul, Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump... makes no difference to me, the premise is the same.

My post wasn't anti-RP.... just anti-stupidity.

Pro logic and pro common sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Fortunately in our world today a candidate's view on how they see certain races of Americans is vitally important as that is a major contributing factor on how they intend to govern. Hitler was a racist and he caused WWII and we must have total and absolute assurance that this will not repeat here so yes how a candidate views a segment of the vast cross section of the populous is vitally important and do not just shrug it off because "You don't give a toss"!

Besides, do you really want to give a known racist the keys to the front gates of The FEMA "Residency Centres"?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

*sigh*

My "I don't give a **** if he's racist comment" wasn't saying that in the grand scheme of things his "Racism" isn't an issue to me... my point is, that my posting in this thread is not to determine whether or not he is a racist, merely to show the holes in the logic of the OP.

I hate racism and if RP is racist then that will be a terrible thing because it seems that many like him

I live in the UK and it makes no difference to me whether RP gets elected or not.

This coupled with the fact that my posts in this thread are not accusing or defending him, just working with logic and reason, should be enough to show that I have no motive or agenda or vested interest in RP.

Just accepting the OP's challenge and showing the OP's challenge and reasoning to be stupid.

That's it.
edit on 22/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The MSM is sooooo predictable.

A report comes out that Ron Paul is getting most of Herman Cains supporters and suddenly the media drums up some very thin racist accusations from 20 years ago.

Do they really think people are this stupid. Maybe once we were. But WE ARE AWAKE NOW and the politicians, Washington and the MSM got some splainin to do.

In my mind ever time the MSM or Washington insiders slam Paul that just reaffirms that they are deathly afraid he will be elected and spoil their fun.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sorry but someone who can't stand the heat and runs away during an interview proves they lack the intestinal fortitude to be running the USA and sitting on the worlds largest stockpile of nukes. He thinks hes getting abused now, let him win the republican nomination for president. Obama will feed him his lunch mark my words Ron Paul will never be president of the USA, i just can't wait till 2012 for my very first post will be a great big told you so.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I didn't say anything about this "Being Paul's birther issue".

What I said was that it's hypocritical for some people to espouse one baseless conspiracy, while railing against this.

It's a simple case of pot, kettle, black.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That'll work and do agree. That would be like would you want to see a racist run for PM or Parliament? Hell No! We take the same exact stance stateside when it comes to our Congress and POTUS! It's like if it was proven that Cameron was a racist would you think he'd be at where he is now? Hell no!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

True, very true! Alot of shall we say, "Double speak led by incompetency and arrogance"! Love the "pot.kettle.black"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join