It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Or maybe he's been asked that question about 10 times by CNN in the past week. No, you're right, he should spend half of his time that he's being interviewed repeating the same thing he's said the last 9 times. Otherwise, he'd just be a little baby! Why doesn't he just continue to talk about that? What kind of a whiny brat would get irritated at the same institution asking the same question that he's given the same answer to time and time again?
edit on 22-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You can't "prove" someone isn't racist.

Then by implication it must necessarily follow that all people are racist. Unless, of course. you wish to argue that there exists some sort of state between racism and non racism.

But we can look at his past actions and judge him based on it. His continued failure to want to discuss the issue does more harm than good for him.

Why bother? You have proposed that it is impossible to prove someone is not racist. Attempting to do otherwise is self-contradictory and, more specifically, vein.

If you want to ignore his past actions...that is your choice...many others won't

Before we supposedly choose to ignore a political candidates past actions, it is encumbent of discerning voters to understand the argument(s) being made. I understand your argument and its implication. That you would consciously or unconsciously steer a course embedded in self-contradiction is probably best labeled sophistry.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Let's get real, would a racist doctor treat black patients?

Thnx OP.
This photo needs to be spread all over african-american communities!
I mean seriously.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Forcing schools to desegregate is a blatant violation of not only the 1st Amendment's right to "Freedom of Assembly" clause but is a direct and blatant violation of The Civil Rights Act of 1964!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Because as long as they are willing to pay he'll treat anyone in direct compliance of the Doctor's Hippocritic Oath and that is to treat people regardless of personal or political persuasion.'

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Not to poo poo on your rant or anger you anymore, I would urge you to remove one of your questions because to many , it's a very foolish one given this history in this nation.

The question was.

"Would a racist treat Black patients"

Ummmmmm. Yeah. especially the ones who were force STERILIZING millions of black women so they "wouldn't breed" back in the day.

Now, what kind of doctor was Ron Paul ?

My point is, don't invite shet.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Read my comment and you will know why that's the dumbest thing you could do. And yes, I'm black so don't presume to think I need your assistance on what I think of Ron Paul. Besides charges of racism include Blacks but is not limited to just Blacks. How many other groups need to see a picture ?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Lets be real here! everyone who beleve in mainstreem media is sheeple...
It's so wierd that the majority of people just accept what ever media says with out thinking for them self...
if someone is a threat to the agenda the people who control the media (and the mind of the sheeple) just make something up to destroy the reputition of that person,,, I see it all the time, just look at Julian Assange,, NOW HE'S A RAPIST!!!,,,
use you're head and open your eyes,,, once you're eyes are open,,, mainstream medias atemt to brainwash us just seem pathetic.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ultraplayer

Well, if he's being asked the same friggen question for the last 20 years, maybe it's because he is not answering the question.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Agreed that this may be being blown way out of proportion but some of his more recent ramblings concern me, most specifically the elimination of medicare and medicaid. Both are good programs, that while they have become bloated and need an overhaul, which I am all for, do good things for people, eliminating them and making grandiose claims that the government doesn't have an obligation to help it's less than fortunate citizens is akin to discrimination in my book.

These are his own statements that people are now starting to see, and what I see is someone who is being put on a pedestal, but is in the end, like all of us, only human, and has all of the same shortcomings we all have.

I'm going to end this with what i've said many times before.

We saw this same kind of blind adoration for Barack Obama during his initial campaign, this is just a repeat in all ways to that, and look where it got us.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Who cares Ron paul wil not win the Republican primary. The MSM is already attacking him. if Ron paul really wants to win he has to run as a 3rd party and in my opinion he needs to appeal to more independents

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

isn't that what a president is suppose to do,,, get around questions ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yea, and watch Stein the whine just come out of nowhere accusing Ron Paul of being antisemitic. God is it me or has hollywood and the liberals totally EFFED everything up?

videocafe.crooksandliars.com...
edit on 22-12-2011 by MaxJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
Ok

I challenge you to explain this link someone posted on a news site talking about the CNN interview:

www.criticalreactor.com...

No offense, does anyone have the full newsletter in question. I am not impressed by a web page with some random, not backed by any source. This web page isn't even part of the Dallas Morning News website. Don't take any offense to this because you may not think of these things, but if you and I are discussing something and I brought you a piece of notebook paper with some scribbling on it and called it a newspaper, wouldn't you be a bit skeptical? Next time, I would suggest posting a full article link that goes straight to the producer of the article.

EDIT: I will leave my original statement to the poster above. I decided to do some checking on your website and this is the home page. www.criticalreactor.com... It angers when you would put up a bull# website to try horribly prove your side. You are definitely part of the cancer which affects our society. Forums like this is an exercise in free speech and understanding. We as human beings of this world can share information and in the grand scheme of things, come to a better understanding of each other as individuals and you infect this process with this bull#. Every time you post a BS link like this, you set humanity back a bit. Congratulations!

As far as the OP, awesome post. I was very well put together and I will definitely pass that around. Thank you.
edit on 22-12-2011 by clarkness because: Found out the www.criticalreactor.com... is a BS site!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Let's get real, would a racist doctor treat black patients?

Yup. One who likes to eat food and live in a house would.
Wow, that was a great try. He publishes a ton of crap about how bad black people are but he must not be racist because he will take their money.

I am so convinced.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Maybe I saw a different version of the clip? Because the clip I saw Ron clearly explains that he didn't write them, read them, and he disavows them. Then the interviewer goes on to say "but what about your statements that Israelis bombed the wtc (first attack not 911) THIS is when Paul stops answering, opens his coat, starts removing the mic, and walks out.

He clearly explained that this content just happened to be in news letters with his name on them, and he's dealt with this question plenty of times including several times at CNN, I believe he actually stated that EVERYTIME he's at CNN they bring it up.

But he doesn't get upset or storm out, once she starts trying this "Ron Paul Hates Jews" nonsense he actually kind smirks, that smirk of "oh, ok, I see where you are going now, forget this" and leaves.

Shame on CNN in their pathetic smear attempt, and shame on the willfully ignorant people in this thread trying to perpetuate this BS.

Honestly, if the only negative thing about Paul to be found is something someone else wrote in his newsletter 20 years ago, doesn't that speak loudly about his ability to lead a party? what other runner in this election, or any really, has THAT clean of a record?

Bush? Lmao, deserter, coke addict, drunk driver
Obama? pffft, people aren't even sure where he was born and to whom
Newt? LMAO, that dude served divorce papers to his dying wife in the hospital while she fought cancer!

honestly, your smear tactics are having the opposite effect, as clearly expressed in this thread by several readers, the more you attempt to smear him, the more people learn about him and come to his side.

Democrats are jumping ship and switching to republicans in the hopes of voting for Paul. Paul is the ONLY candidate who has been consistent, since day 1. The only consistent thing from the opposition is smear tactics.

First, you tried to ignore him and pretend he didn't exist.
Then you tried to belittle him and make him seem like a nutjob
Now you are literally gasping at straws.

And the best part? It's mostly republicans that hate Paul, they would honestly rather hand the Democrats another term in office than see Paul win, even if that means denying their own party the presidency.

Can't you fools see this for what it is?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

He publishes a ton of crap about how bad black people are but he must not be racist because he will take their money.

A ton of crap about how bad black people are? Now this isn't even a shill, this is just a person completely out of touch with the subject blabbing for the sake of blabbing, obviously you don't even know what we're discussing here.

Ignorance must be bliss

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

He publishes a ton of crap about how bad black people are but he must not be racist because he will take their money.

A ton of crap about how bad black people are? Now this isn't even a shill, this is just a person completely out of touch with the subject blabbing for the sake of blabbing, obviously you don't even know what we're discussing here.

Ignorance must be bliss

We are discussing his newsletters that were full of racist and homophobic crap that Paul himself said that the editors apparently missed all while forgetting he had named himself as THE editor.
What did I miss?
edit on 22-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Anyone who actually puts forth a decent attempt at getting to know the guy would clearly see he is not racist. But that requires a bit of reading and research. Those I see here bringing up stupid arguments against the OP such as the poster above me, clearly do not possess the intelligence, honesty and patience required to find that out for themselves. Instead they'll let those that speak from the all-powerful idiot box do the thinking for them.

I'm hoping these fools are dwindling in their numbers, because it's their ignorance that has brought the country into the grim state that it is in now.

Thumbs up to the OP.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
CNN: "Sir, we heard you have been beating your wife, why do you beat her?"
RP: "Ive never beaten my wife, what are you talking about"?
CNN: "How long have you been beating your wife?"
RP:" I've never beaten her, why would I do that?"
CNN: "Does it feel good to beat your wife?"
RP: "Are you even paying attention?"
CNN: "Well, beating your wife is a bad thing to do, pretty violent"
RP: " I've been asked this for 20 years, in 2008 by you guys, and twice yesterday, I've answered you, goodbye."

Wolf Blitzer: "Well Gloria, seems SOMEBODY is a little annoyed and irritable"

Gloria: "Yeah I know Wolf, the wife beater didn't want to answer the tough questions"

Wolf: "Well you HAAAAD to ask him...right...I mean what's the problem?"

HEADLINE= "RON PAUL STORMS OUT OF INTERVIEW BECAUSE OF HIS SHAME THAT HE BEATS HIS WIFE"

Corporate media SUCKS.
edit on 22-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

Yeah that was fun and all but what you are forgetting is that in this case, there is an actual beaten wife. Someone beat her and Paul put his name on it. So...Paul needs to answer for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join