It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting an END to the 'Ron Paul is racist' claims right here and now. Who will challenge me?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Ron Paul bikes 15 miles almost every single day and still takes the stairs, two at a time.

How old was Nelson Mandela when he became president?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

We are not a budding democracy but are an already established democracy so do not dare put Paul in the same caliber as the great Mandela!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ok that is your opinion.

Challenge each of the points in the OP.

EACH of them.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I believe I already have on more then one occasion! Go back through this entire thread and read! This is not some half brained opinion but a fact as I don't deal in opinions!
edit on 25-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No, you didn't.

You continuously just called Ron Paul a racist, making absurd claims with sources you didn't even read, you didn't rebut the points in the OP in full and I have a feeling you never will.

And since you deal in FACTS, it is a FACT I called you out in this thread, several times and you even admitted to it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by BABYBULL24

He's too old! He won't be POTUS! We do not need someone who's old enough to be the current's father!

Great argument! Is this desperation at it's lowest?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

couldn't find the 1993 return in that link. It stops at year for 95.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Happy to post a few links to sources. Everyone who's ever investigated the newsletters (besides RP cultists) comes to the same conclusions.

Here's Steve Horwitz, a long time libertarian activist who abandoned the Mises Institute because of the 'reach out to rednecks' racebaiting offended his sensibilities. The mises institute was started up by Lew Rockwell and Murray Rothbard.

Here's more from Horwitz who still seems more in favor of Paul than the other republican candidates. There are lots of good links in this one to other writers.

Here is an article written by Julian Sanchez and Dave Weigel. Which includes the following.

The publishing operation was lucrative. A tax document from June 1993—wrapping up the year in which the Political Report had published the "welfare checks" comment on the L.A. riots—reported an annual income of $940,000 for Ron Paul & Associates, listing four employees in Texas (Paul's family and Rockwell) and seven more employees around the country. If Paul didn't know who was writing his newsletters, he knew they were a crucial source of income and a successful tool for building his fundraising base for a political comeback.

Here's an article by Ta-Nehisi Coates detailing Ron Paul's ever changing story about who wrote the newsletters.

But who wrote the newsletters is really a sideshow. The important thing to know is that whatever his personal feelings, Paul has continually associated with racist scumbags over decades, didn't object to them spewing bigotry in his name. He even refused to return a measley $500 donation from the KKK. All this for the sake of getting political power.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Ron Paul bikes 15 miles almost every single day and still takes the stairs, two at a time.

How old was Nelson Mandela when he became president?

I know some great card tricks and can jump like totally super high.
Elect me!

Let me ask you a serious question though. Can Ron Paul publish a newsletter? Could he when he was younger? According to you, that is too complicated for him to do. So if I have to choose between a president who can ride a bike or a president that remembers what he does for a living, i know where I lean.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

He's too old! He won't be POTUS! We do not need someone who's old enough to be the current's father!

No, desperation at its lowest is claiming all the crappy things written in your name have nothing to do with you because running a newsletter is tough work.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm going to tell you right now, Ron Paul is not a racist.

Barack Obama is the racist but people turned a blind eye to itbecause he's a black man!

Now isn't that in itself racism?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

According to me, what?

I never said that.

And to directly answer your question, anybody could publish a newsletter, it isn't hard. Whether or not people would read it is another question.

Let me ask you, you're still grasping to the argument that Ron Paul is the writer of this newsletter when other members originally claiming Ron Paul wrote the newsletters have now been caught admitting that he didn't.

Your comrades have abandoned you, how long will you last?

My comment about Ron Paul's age was a response to another member, if you want to use a post that had nothing to do with you and add it into your attacks, so be it. Why don't you rebut all of the points made in the OP? ALL of them?
edit on 26-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by PaxVeritas

So what I'm getting from your opinion is that from the research you've posted, is that you think that Rockwell and Mises (Rockwell specifically) was the Ghost Writer....yet nobody has empirical proof he was, even you?

You also say Paul has been associated with racist scumbags. So Rockwell I assume is one of your so called 'scumbags' yet you have no proof he ALONE was the sole Ghost Writer? And the other 'scumbags' are whom?

But then it's sated that Rockwell and Mises were writing racist stuff to appeal to racists for a buck...
That wouldn't be racism...that's evidence of taking advantage, or fraud, playing to an audience.
It can't be BOTH.

And Paul has said he was aware of the writings 10 years after the fact. So by that, how could he have known he was profiting off of 'racism' as you say? It's an impossible feat. You can't have it both ways.
If he was negligent and found out about them after the fact, and disavowed for them since for the last 15 or so years, what is his 'guilt'? Negligence? Negligence is not a misdeed or corruption or nefarious act..

And being that Ron Paul has never been shown being racist via any other source for his 76 years of life and multiple years as a public figure, makes no sense when compared to the newsletters. Not one piece of video, audio, writing, witness, angered foe, insider, NOTHING. His whole life's work and stated ideas goes against what he's being accused of.

The only "caper' here is that he was negligent. And/Or maybe he is sheltering the Ghost Writer identity because of the way ghost writing contracts work (which is another issue)

By the way, the $500 he didn't give back to Stormfront makes sense to me. I wouldn't have either. Why should he? Because it would appear like he took the higher road? It's a personal decision he made which isn't evidence of him being a 'racist' as much as it is evidence of him being hard headed and stubborn, which I can agree to.

A tax document from June 1993—wrapping up the year in which the Political Report had published the "welfare checks" comment on the L.A. riots—reported an annual income of $940,000 for Ron Paul & Associates, listing four employees in Texas (Paul's family and Rockwell) and seven more employees around the country. If Paul didn't know who was writing his newsletters

He was practicing medicine at the time. He is a Doctor, as you may know. Nowhere does it say he earned a MILLION dollars from newsletters.

edit on 26-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

No, desperation at its lowest is claiming all the crappy things written in your name have nothing to do with you because running a newsletter is tough work.

He never stated running the newsletter was 'tough work'. He hired GHOST WRITERS, remember?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The only "caper' here is that he was negligent. And/Or maybe he is sheltering the Ghost Writer identity because of the way ghost writing contracts work (which is another issue)

So he's refusing to identify the name of his racist employee who for all anyone knows might be part of a hypothetical Paul administration.

Or is he so negligent that he doesn't even know who was writing his newsletter?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

We are not a budding democracy but are an already established democracy so do not dare put Paul in the same caliber as the great Mandela!

Actually we are a republic

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why Do 20 Year Old Newsletters Matter So Damn Much?

This is from a Libertarian site.

It’s time to face our ugly past head on and to explicitly reject it. And it is the past of every libertarian. It doesn’t matter if you weren’t there, or weren’t alive, or think it’s stupid: if you call yourself a libertarian and especially if you support Ron Paul, it’s part of your past like it or not. That’s how life works sometimes. We can’t make Ron Paul name the authors or make the authors step forward, either of which would help immensely. We can, however, take pains to make clear that some of Ron Paul’s past and current associations are rejected by libertarians who understand the “liberal” in libertarian and whose vision of a free society is one that is so clearly in conflict with racism, homophobia, antisemitism and all the rest that people like Stormfront would never even consider sending us a donation and we would recoil at being photographed with them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A tax document from June 1993—wrapping up the year in which the Political Report had published the "welfare checks" comment on the L.A. riots—reported an annual income of $940,000 for Ron Paul & Associates, listing four employees in Texas (Paul's family and Rockwell) and seven more employees around the country. If Paul didn't know who was writing his newsletters

He was practicing medicine at the time. He is a Doctor, as you may know. Nowhere does it say he earned a MILLION dollars from newsletters.

Right it says he earned 940,000 dollars which is $60,000 short of a million. Geez.

Spin this any way you want. Ron Paul is responsible for peddling racist paranoid literature, and using it to get votes and donations. If you think that is appropriate behavior for a presidential candidate, just say so. The idea that this represents mere negligence is luaghable. This operation was raking in nearly a million a year, and RP couldn't be bothered to read any of the stuff that was going out under his own name? If true he's completely irresponsible. If not, he's a liar and a loathsome man.

He will never have my vote.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Wheres the document that says this? I keep seeing where others say it is cited he made this money, i just havnt seen it. I find it strange that Ron Paul denies being greatly financially successful from it.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by susp3kt

The msm is not where anyone is getting this info from but from the horse's mouth directly via a newsletter with his name in the title. So sorry, nice attempt troll but no!

It's hard to believe that there are people as ignorant as you in the 21st century. Judge the man on his character for the last 30 years. He has defended minorities on many occasions, has never spoken an ill word towards any minority, Black, Muslim Americans, latinos, Jews ect. You're willing to throw 30 years aside based on a newsletter he may or may not have written, judging by his character, it's easy to conclude he did NOT write these letters. I wish just once people were capable of thinking for themselves. If Ron Paul was a racist he would be incapable of hiding it for 30 years, there were be ONE freudian slip somewhere. Yet there is nothing that can be directly tied from his mouth.

Nothing in his everyday life suggestive of being racist, no racist voting record in congress, no speech referencing racists beliefs, no nothing, but keep hanging onto a news letter he has denounced and said unequivocally are not his views or represent language he uses.

Find me one instance where DR Paul tramples on the rights of minorities or says anything derogatory towards any minority. You can't because it hasn't happened. 30 years and not a single slip up, wake the hell up. You're being played like a fiddle. If Ron Paul shared the views of those words espoused in the newsletter there would be a zero % chance he could keep it hidden forever, all whilst fighting for minorities in the war on the drugs forever. No way no how, don't let the facts get in the way though, some people are completely ignorant, it's damn embarrassing.

The NEWS Media is anti Paul because he threatens the very establishment they represent. If you can't see it, it's because you're freaking blind. First he gets no coverage, he's a fringe candidate who doesn't deserve any. Then he moves into the top tier and he still gets no recognition. He takes the lead and all the sudden IOWA doesn't count, lmfao and he's a racist, yep the guy who has been fighting for equal rights, liberty and freedom is the racist, how cute lol. Who write's this #? I don't know who should be more ashamed the people making this # up or the American citizens that fall for it hook, line and sinker.

The media and Washington establishment are telling you who is allowed to be elected and who isn't and you're going to sit back and allow them to dictate to you that the status quo is acceptable and that freedom, liberty and non interventionism is an extreme view? Are you kidding me? These control freaks are trying to protect heir own interests and you are allowing them to get away with it. Why are they so afraid of Dr Paul? Where was the coverage of Newt Gingrich stealing money for the American Tax payers in excess of 1.6million dollars? Many of you make me sick.
edit on 26-12-2011 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join