It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking out of an interview with a major news source is no way to become President.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Video is here.
And the original thread that all above post should be in is in the link in my first post. right below the OP.

Thank you , still waiting for it to load.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

it not a non-issue if potential voters are turned away from him because of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Have you read the other thread? Have you watched the video I told you to watch?
It's a non-issue, and he HAS accepted that he should of paid more attention to it, but like he said, it was 20 years ago, he had ppl writing for him and was not able to oversee everything written.

Also watch the video in my above post. He didn't exactly walk out and leave the question unanswered.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I would like to see the video.

Rawstory Link, scroll down the page about halfway there is an embedded CNN video.

WOW must be popular site tonight still waiting, and thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just because the media wants to pretend like the issue is still relevant, doesn't mean the majority of Americans think it is. Alll you need to do is actually read his statements over the last 20 years, watch all the video, read the transcripts and it's clear he isn't a racist, or anything of the sort.

And it's clear he didn't write any of those letters as it's not consistent with his insanely consistent voting and speaking record.

I'm sure there are things taken out of context that he may have said that sound racist, but IMO this is not the case at all. This is just the usual, "let's dig up dirt on the guy we don't wanna win" before the primaries start in a few weeks.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim

it not a non-issue if potential voters are turned away from him because of it.

Well, I am going to be honest, now don't get upset, I didn't know what it was but something about Paul didn't set well with me, and you are correct this doesn't help.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It isn't that Ron Paul walked away from this garbage that shocks me, it's that MORE candidates don't do it. Perhaps if every candidate who just got hammered again and again on the SAME dead issue to try and trap the SAME response in a pathetic game of Gotcha just took off their microphone and walked away, reporters would start interviewing again and not ambush while trying to pass it off as the same thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think it all boils down to...
Well, I guess since we can't get no real dirt on him, let's beat that dead horse again and see if it works this year.

The media is only trying to sway public opinion away from him cause they fear him. They know he would be the best thing for America, and they know he will be the worst thing for their leash holders.

They fear him, and since they can't find anything else, they rehash old insignificant news.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

I guess since we can't get no real dirt on him, let's beat that dead horse again and see if it works this year.

Yea well that's politics, the fix is in.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Sadly I am Canadian, or I would vote for him.
well not sadly, I am glad I am canadian, but I wish I could vote for him.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If you had answered the question she asked dozens of times over the years to multiple networks including CNN, you'd walk out too. At least he didn't go all Chris Brown and throw a chair out the window. But you know what, I think what he did today will help his campaign, not hurt it.

If it were me, I'd have told her to check CNN's archives (Or Google it!) for past interviews where he addressed it to get the answer she wants, it's not a new allegation or anything. She was wasting his time and so out he went to continue campaigning instead of playing broken-record for the media.

And at the root of all this, it wasn't even him who wrote the remarks in question. Like ShadowLink above said, dead horse.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
ok, i think my angle on this is just that im tired TIRED of the constant "Ron Paul Is a racist" diatribes i see on EVERY NEWS WEBSITE i go to. as i said before, any time an article is about or mentions him, more than half the comments are people spewing that garbage.
So i want him to answer it in the best way possible, every single time. so that every single time someone who thinks hes a racist happens to be watching tv, and sees this question, they get the right answer... the best possible foot forward.

I WANT HIM TO WIN.

i wish i could tell him whats on my mind in person, but instead i have to ramble it off to a bunch of strangers.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I actually applaud him for not taking the BS anymore. Well done in my opinion. Why travel the filthy road of the MSM with their relentless questions when you can give them the middle finger and take the high road right out of there.

If I were him I wouldn't give them the time of day in the first place. Sure, he would lose a little bit of precious airtime but whats the point of getting the same old question over and over again? It's obviously the only thing they can find on him even tho he's been in the public eye for over 30 years.

Get over it CNN, seriously. You just look more foolish than everyone already percieves you as.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
CNN edited the video, they cut out the question that pissed him off and made him take off his mic.

How did ATS not pick up on this yet?

What was the question?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It's not your fault most of the people who bring this up are ignorant to the fact that he is not racist, and that he has answered it repeatedly.
We forgive you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

It's not your fault most of the people who bring this up are ignorant to the fact that he is not racist, and that he has answered it repeatedly.
We forgive you.

yes, and think to yourself, why are they ignorant?

you probably get asked your name repeatedly, by everyone you meet.

do you blame them for being ignorant of how many times youve said it before?

those newsletters are like his bastard stepchild.. and he has to give it a name.. and name it EVERY DAMN TIME.

yes, i watched the video.
i get that he is frustrated. but i also get that reporters feeling of "just answer the damn question already and stop acting like a baby"

and my main reaction to the video is just "what the hell man? i thought you wanted to be president?"

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I completely agree. Right now the people Ron Paul has to appeal to are the Republicans. How many of them are going to be watching CNN? Very few. So instead they'll simply read all the articles and blog posts that say ran away from an interview after being asked a tough question. People also have to remember that this is the first time Ron Paul has been a viable contender for a national election. So, even though this issue has been brought up many times in the past this is the first time many people are hearing about it. Just because he has heard the same questions over and over again doesn't mean that potential voters out there have.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
and my main reaction to the video is just "what the hell man? i thought you wanted to be president?"

Like I said, tell me the exact question she asked him to make him take off his mic.

You don't know, this was an edited hit piece. This could have been post interview footage even!

I can't believe you guys aren't thinking about this.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

BINGO! right on the money.

you said it perfectly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Same thread running here already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>