It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star of Bethlehem. Myth, Legend or Scientific Fact ? A Must Read For All !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I thought it was interesting how the author of the piece showed that Jupiter, in it's dance across the heavens, met every one of the 9 phrophecies concerning the birth of a Jewish king.

In September of 3 BC at the time of the Jewish New Year, Rosh ha-Shanah, Jupiter began to do just that.

A magus watching Jupiter that September saw two objects moving so close that they appeared to touch.

Our Middle Eastern viewer saw Jupiter coming into a close conjunction with the star, Regulus.

Jupiter glides slowly past Regulus about every 12 years.

Jupiter's orbit wobbles relative to Regulus, so not every conjunction is as close as the one he saw in 3 BC.

But then it entered retrograde. It "changed its mind" and headed back to Regulus for a second conjunction.

After this second pass it reversed course again for yet a third rendezvous with Regulus, a triple conjunction.

These symbols could indicate a birth, but if they were interpreted to indicate the time of conception, the beginning of a human life, might there be something interesting in the sky nine months later?

Indeed. In June of 2 BC, Jupiter continued the pageantry.

By the following June, Jupiter had finished crowning Regulus. The Planet of Kings traveled on through the star field toward another spectacular rendezvous, this time with Venus, the Mother Planet. This conjunction was so close and so bright that it is today displayed in hundreds of planetaria around the world by scientists who may know nothing of Messiah.

Jupiter appeared to join Venus. The planets could not be distinguished with the naked eye.

If our magus had had a telescope, he could have seen that the planets sat one atop the other, like a figure eight.

Each contributed its full brightness to what became the most brilliant star our man had ever seen. Jupiter completed this step of the starry dance as it was setting in the west. That evening, our Babylonian magus would have seen the spectacle of his career while facing toward Judea.

No one alive had ever seen such a conjunction.

On December 25 of 2 BC as it entered retrograde, Jupiter reached full stop in its travel through the fixed stars.

Magi viewing from Jerusalem would have seen it stopped in the sky above the little town of Bethlehem.

www.bethlehemstar.net...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Great thread!

Star and Flag.

I was stopping by your profile to leave you some Holiday Cheer but your comment section isn't open so I will do it hear.

Keep up the good work bro!

edit on 25-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Same to you Luxordelphi!

Merry Holidays, hope you all have a great new year as well.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If we were to dabble into my interpretation of the Star of Bethlehem you would think I'm a lunatic conspiracy theorist, that's if you don't think that already

I think there is some truth to it, not a myth, but the science behind it is disputable.

In my humble opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks Corruption Exposed for your post and best wishes. I am glad your a member of ATS . The reason being regardless of your opinions, they seem to help balance the scales of thought always. Thanks again and Happy , Merry Holidays to you and yours.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join