It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Star of Bethlehem. Myth, Legend or Scientific Fact ? A Must Read For All !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For anyone wishing to view the Starry Night astrological animation it appears in video 4 and 5 Frederick Larson's youtube series.

video 4 [starts about half way through] www.youtube.com...

video 5 www.youtube.com...

Great thread btw, thank you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You do not need to disallow God in your theory for it to be correct and for God to still exist. You just add that preamble, but it's not needed in the equation.

For me, God created the darkness and the light, therefore anything made out of those are his creation. Can you scientifically prove that wrong? I already know the answer. Nope.

Science always fails when it leaves spirituality behind. This is why we are always advancing science in new directions (breaking the speed of light for example). We fail to heed what has been provided and stubbornly try to prove our own assumptions. Only to realize decades later how wrong we were.

And the cycle continues...
edit on 22-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ahhh I see now after following the link the site is advertising a book. Well done shameless plug.

The star was metaphoric, the wise men from the east were following the stars. ie they were astrologers, they had predicted Jesus birth in advance rather like the Tibetan monks pick their next Dahlia Lama.

Oh wait maybe Jesus went with them and became the Dahlia Lama, he did after all disappear for 30 years and on his return came back a guru, able to heal by touch (Reiki)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

edit on 22-12-2011 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I like a good joke myself but do you think maybe we could stay on topic and if you need to discuss your beliefs on where Jesus went and why and who may have picked the next munk or whatever your talking about , please start a thread and I will be happy to follow your links.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

No, He did not disappear for thirty years. The scriptures do not record what He did from 12 to 30. That is 18 years and it does not mean He disappeared

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
spaceweather.com...
Been watching comet Lovejoy a part of a larger comet, very old that broke up.
I was thinking it could have been it. Lovejoy has been amazing, was to burn up but came out the other side.
Just thinking, like worlds in collision, religious stories could all be real things that happened.
Why is up to the believer it's relative. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that if the star is ever represented by an eight pointed one then it represents the star of 'Venus', she being a later incarnation of the fertility mother goddess, such as Aphrodite, Hathor, Isis, Astarte("Queen of Heaven), her sister Ashera, also "Queen of heaven", as well as consort of 'El'.

The star symbol dates back to Ishtar, then Inanna, who is the origin of this goddess line, and one of the consorts of the original father, sky and bull god, Anu. It's linked to the lion as well, which is a symbol of Ashera lol, and don't forget about the "Lion of Judea" line.

If it's represented by 5 points, in pictures, movies, the media etc, then it is the Egyptian symbol for Sirius, which they took from the Starfish. It represents the soul of Isis, if I'm remembering that rightly?!

This is all fertility symbolism. It's why the masonic, El-ite, bloodlines hide their symbols in plain sight, all throughout society. Most people just can't see the wood for the trees.
The 5 pointed star is the most famous depiction of a star. look at the US flag lol.
It has some of the most important colours of Egypt, with red, white and blue.

After the writers of the Bible scrubbed the past of Yahweh and the "Israelites" the best they could, so that they could create a Arkenhaten style, monotheistic, control system - they still left enough traces of the roots of the gods and goddesses of the ME pantheons; so that one is able to easily make these links. The last aspect of Ashera/Mother goddess worship(Who was very important to the polytheistic tribes of Canaan/The Kingdom of Israel etc) in Christianity, is Mary. It's why the El-ite have aloud the mythological, Biblical, persona of Mary to become so prominent in Catholicism.

So, why loads of Christians are basically saying prayers in the name of Mary, the El-ite, such as our girl "Queeny", as I like to call her lol, and the other "Blue bloods"/Top bloodlines, banking familes etc, are pissing themselves with laugher, at how easily lead and controlled we all are.

P.S

As most people know, the mythological god of the Bible became El, the Ugaritic, Bull god and father of the gods, the Most high; who the desert war/storm/fertility god 'Yahweh', later became - who is partly based off of Ba'al Hammad/Adad/Ishkur, youngest son of Enlil. He, along with Enki, also make up part of the god of the "Papyrus book of two Bulls"(The Bible)

The Bible comes from Byblos, which in Greek means "The Papyrus book", tho the city was founded by Kronos, but was home to two bull gods, such as El, and was called GB'L" derived from "gb", meaning well or origin. Ashera was also a bull goddess, and wife of el/Yahweh, which is backed up by fact! Archeology, not fairy tales/A control system of the El-ite.
This why I say it's "The papyrus book of two bulls". There's also "masonic encoding by the King James authorised translaters. "Bi" means 2, and "ble"...well, I think we can all work out what that sounds like.

The horns of the bull head dress of the likes of Ashera/Astarte, can represent the crescent moon, with the moon being one half of the Solar moon cult aspect/the feminine. Seeing as all religion dates back to the pagan worship of the cycle of life, i.e fertility worship, male and female etc etc
edit on 22-12-2011 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

YES!!!! its is true....3 33 ad and the 7s in effect...

Look at the chart for this day and you will see the truth....the planets build a triangle...a grand trine,...also the arabic lots will find you the true star...

people are catching on!!!! bravo!!!!

Polaris and orion etc....come on lol...these guys were wise men....pole stars and orion is pretty rudimentary....advanced astrology is about grand trines, t squares and yods(finger of god) and 4+ plus conjunct planets in one sign...not to suggest they had superior astrological knowledge to us now....but they were WISE MEN

...ahhhhh you mad my day...one more lesson has begun....to all.... go read the book, or ultimately try to understand what he is talking about....

Oh now lets see if they can figure out his birth based on this
I would love to offer a date....but its fun to watch others figure it out...its the geometry of the planetary interactions as it ripples the cosmic water....the grand trines create waves of harmony...7 spiral...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

I really wanted to thank you for your post and information in the thread. I is refreshing to have a balance of facts and or evidence that demands a verdict ( if you will ). You have a great Holiday and that goes for everyone around me and beyond. Thanks

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks!

This matches, somewhat, something I read years ago in Sky & Telescope (I think, but it may have been in Astronomy).

Off the top of my head, it was something like this:

Jupiter (God), in the paws (Scepter=King) of the Lion (Judah) and seems like there was something priestly as well-- sort of matching the associations of the gold and frankincense gifts.

Repeating about a year or so later, they headed to Jerusalem to inquire about the prophecies concerning the birth of the Messiah. Arriving in Bethlehem about two years after the first "sign," thus Herod's order concerning the slaughter of the innocents two years and younger.

I'll read the whole linked article more carefully and see what there is to see.

Meanwhile, time to trot out the standard factoids:

* The date of the birth being assigned to 25-December was chosen the same way as the Feast of All Saints-- to make a party for the Christians on the same day as the pagan parties (so cool-- gotta love a religion which parties!).
* As feasts go, the eve is the start of any feast day-- sunset to sunset is the Jewish day and the ancient Church used the same. The party starts the night of 24=-Dec and lasts 12 days.
* The Magi arrived in Bethlehem about two years after the birth-- no babe lying in a cattle trough then.
* Only the song says "three kings."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect
As most people know, the mythological god of the Bible became El, the Ugaritic...

"As most people know," that statement and what follows is wishful thinking on your part.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nice thread...I believe there was a star that led the way...I just do not believe that Jesus was born on a cold, winter night in December...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

which was where jesus christ was born, to the VIRGIN mary...immaculate conception or artificial insemination from the gods?

The "Immaculate Conception" has nothing to do with the birth of the Christ-- it refers to Mary being conceived by her parents.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Star of Bethlehem= shiny bright object in the sky, know to have controlled left & right movements, with the ability to sit still (hover) over a house......

Spaceship

Yep! Contrary to what is commonly believed, the magi did not arrive at the manger on the night of Christ’s birth; rather, they found the young Jesus and His parents living in a house.....
We only have to look at Matthew 2:11:
"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh."

This could have been nearly two years after Christ’s birth, since Herod—afraid that his own position as king was threatened—tried to have Jesus eliminated by killing all male children under the age of two (Matthew 2:16).

Now a Star does not stand in one position for very long. Also, a Star does not move in a pattern designed to lead people.

I agree with ButterCookie, this was a spacecraft, which lead the Magi (Magickians) to the site of the "special child" sent to teach the people. With his supernatural abilities and the religious art of the time clearly shows UFO activity. In the Nag Hammadi Library, a book of ancient Gnostic writings, Jesus Christ is called 'Allogenes', which means 'alien'.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

I have to say you made quite a project , if you will of your post and I really respect an effort like that. We all have our beliefs and do so for our own reasons. You have yours. Me , I have mine and so on. I think it would be safe to say that somethings cannot be proven and many times those types of things , if believed to be true are a matter of faith. I think you might agree that somethings you have faith in to be true or false right? Not because you can always prove what you belive to be true or false.

Sometimes we have to make a choice , regardless if there is proof or not. I say these things not because I need give account of myself or my beliefs but rather to allow people a chance to know who I am as a person. Why I believe as I do is a deeper story and for another time. I do believe in all fairness to those who dont know or haven't thought it through, without a doubt a few things need "Clearing Up"

I don't need to question you on why you make the statement below but I do want to say The witnessing of the conjunction that caused The Star of Bethlehem, as its called Is a scientific fact but also never seen before or since. I don't call that a miricle. I do however feel God had a hand in the timing. Regardless, it did happen and it happened as The Bible said it would. I want to be on the record saying ,, The origin of stars that are man made depictions of heavenly events , have nothing to do with Christianity or The story / article for this thread.

I'm pretty sure that if the star is ever represented by an eight pointed one then it represents the star of 'Venus', she being a later incarnation of the fertility mother goddess, such as Aphrodite, Hathor, Isis, Astarte("Queen of Heaven), her sister Ashera, also "Queen of heaven", as well as consort of 'El

I Don't believe in telling a story that is not a part of the topic if your not going to tell it accurately. Then it's a story of your faith rather than the truth, if you aren't accurate. Below you error in implying that Christians have some form of worship to "A Mary", "Christs" earthly mother.. Nothing is furter from the truth if thats what you meant.Catholicism and Christianity are not the same . I won't get into that but I say with certainty that too often the word Christian is thrown about like feathers in a windstorm. The Definition of a Christian is a follower of Christ, not His Mother.

Back to a matter of faith I will say I do not agree with your conclusions that "The Writers" of The Bible we involved in a "Control System". That is your opinion and you cannot prove it. Can men be evil ? Of course. It doesn't make The Bible the product of men who wanted to enslave the population. I believe The Bible is Gods Word and was given to man through Divine Inspiration. Can I prove it? No, Can I defend why I believe that? Yes.
Can ANyone Prove It Wasn't Divine Inspiration ?? No. Its a question of faith at that point. What you choose to believe is possible or even probable. With God all things are possible. Thats my belief and it is not an enslaving feeling. Rather a feeling of Freedom.

TextAfter the writers of the Bible scrubbed the past of Yahweh and the "Israelites" the best they could, so that they could create a Arkenhaten style, monotheistic, control system - they still left enough traces of the roots of the gods and goddesses of the ME pantheons; so that one is able to easily make these links. The last aspect of Ashera/Mother goddess worship(Who was very important to the polytheistic tribes of Canaan/The Kingdom of Israel etc) in Christianity, is Mary. It's why the El-ite have aloud the mythological, Biblical, persona of Mary to become so prominent in Catholicism

Below is more of the same and ends with evil thoughts of control by evil people if indeed what you say is accurate about the "Queeny" .. I wouldn't know. I do know that Christians never pray to anyone but The Father.

TextSo, why loads of Christians are basically saying prayers in the name of Mary, the El-ite, such as our girl "Queeny", as I like to call her lol, and the other "Blue bloods"/Top bloodlines, banking familes etc, are pissing themselves with laugher, at how easily lead and controlled we all are

I defend The Bible. And I assure you I can defend it well. Thank you for your post and your time.

PS Let God be True and every man a liar. Back to the topic huh?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for your participation in the thread. I just want to be fair with the thread and everyone reading it. Just a couple of possibilities I want to put out on the boulevard, so to speak. you say below and I agree unless,,

Now a Star does not stand in one position for very long. Also, a Star does not move in a pattern designed to lead people

I agree unless its a result from a supernatural act from a supernatural being/entity, Dare I call it God?
you go on to say,

I agree with ButterCookie, this was a spacecraft, which lead the Magi (Magickians) to the site of the "special child" sent to teach the people. With his supernatural abilities and the religious art of the time clearly shows UFO activity. In the Nag Hammadi Library, a book of ancient Gnostic writings, Jesus Christ is called 'Allogenes', which means 'alien

The above quote is a problem because it has problems. If the Star was a spacecraft meant to guide them to the special childs residence or site, then why didnt they simply land and drop them off. ?

The art of the time I agree has some references to what appears to be spacecraft. It also shows what could be a comet and a planet passing the earth as well .. But the point I want to share is simple. Isolated activity is one thing, Ongoing activity is another and such is not the case obviously. I can say this because if it had been ongoing the art of the time would be secondary to the written accounts that would fill the libraries.
There were Scribes whose job was to constantly record and accurately record the goings on, if you will.etc
Also and this isn important, Jesus's supernatural abitities have and had nothing to do with the art or (? UFO's ?) of the time. If indeed they were seen.

Your right , Jesus was special for many reasons. Thousands of people witnessed Him performing miracles. It's recorded as valid history just like any wittness in a court of law or judgement , It Stands as history for the case. Also He raised the dead and people were witness to it. Many people wittness Him healing the sick etc.

Lastly I mean this from my heart, I am not being sarcastic when I say this. Anyone that comes to The US for example from a foreign land is an "Alien" Jesus came from The Father/ God He said and The Bible also backs this claim. We cant have a Divine , Miracle working Jesus and a Bible that is inaccurate when Jesus himself said it was Holy. The definition of Holy is >>>>> Perfect Pure and Awe Inspiring. Inspired from something beyond the earth , "God Like" in quality and perfection etc

I dont prefere to carry this in this direction out of respect to the thread but If we are going to talk about "This" then we have to give "That" a say in the mix as well. Its only fair.

Back to the topic?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You do not need to disallow God in your theory for it to be correct and for God to still exist. You just add that preamble, but it's not needed in the equation.

For me, God created the darkness and the light, therefore anything made out of those are his creation. Can you scientifically prove that wrong? I already know the answer. Nope.

Science always fails when it leaves spirituality behind. This is why we are always advancing science in new directions (breaking the speed of light for example). We fail to heed what has been provided and stubbornly try to prove our own assumptions. Only to realize decades later how wrong we were.

And the cycle continues...
edit on 22-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

You may have skimmed my reply. I do not disallow God.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Thanks for this post! It's always nice to see that there is scientific confirmation of what many of us already know in our heart. Great post for the Christmas season! It's refreshing to read a post like this after surviving yet another trip to the store and coming home feeling like the grinch! Kinda puts the happy right back in Christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Thank you for the king thoughtfull words .I just have to smile cause I ust got here on and its nice to enter on such a positive note in these times.. Thank you,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join