It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryjo44
Wow OP you just clinched it for me...
With your way of thinking and attitude, I'm now voting for Ron Paul

Because if this is the only dirt that could be found about him, and it's not even true.

Gosh he almost sounds to good to be true...

This is a big mistake and atrocious if true. He denies it like all politicians. Why is it you believe this is not true?

Giving benefit of the doubt where it is not due will turn around and bite you in the butt.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

there is a jewish director who made a movie about anti-semitism, its here...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

Wait, what? Did Dr. Paul say he doesn't like Jews? Did I miss that? I thought these chrages were coming from his unwillingness to support our current massive financial/military support for Israel. His position on Israel --- which is consistent with his position on ALL foreign governments --- is 'stay out of other countries' business'. Does that make him antii-semetic? Holy crap. This whole thread is a joke. Why won't people look into these matters before making rash pronouncements? It's not like the information is hard to find.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sometimes it's easier to run from the truth than to stand and face it. Looks like we now know how Ronny boy stands up to the heat.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

here are scans of over 50 Ron Paul newsletters
www.mrdestructo.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by antonia

I agree, I supported him in the 2008 election and watch in horror as Wall–Street stole the elections and put in someone who most of us didn’t know.

What I am witnessing here is a larg number of Ron Paul supporters who are oblivious to the facts and have dreamed up every excuses to why they think he is not racists. The hard fact is this Ron Paul is now a public figure and I don’t care how many times MSN or any other News outlet wants to address these prejudice letters, Ron Paul owes the voters that are supporting him an explanation especially if he wants to win new voters on his side. However Dr. Paul takes off his mic and says goodbye in the middle of an interview from CNN only makes him look guilty.
edit on 21-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

This is where I have to stop you. He's not a racist, he was stupid enough to trust a racist to write his newsletter. Being stupid isn't a sin.

RP supporters tend to be oblivious to the way the system works. They know how it works yet they deny the reality to themselves because it would reveal to them that the man they support can't win. This is what I am referring to.
edit on 22-12-2011 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Bush refused to testify in front of the 9/1 commision under oath, i think thats worse than dr. Paul walking out of an interview.

Obama refused to show his "real" b.c. For three years.

So once again we have mountains out of mole hills. Ron Paul has sent a message, if you disrespect him he will peacefully walk out on you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
These god damn news reporters needs to take a beating sometime. I'm perfectly fine with her asking the question. But once he answers the question quit trying to dig at him more. Also given the fact that these things happened 20-30 years ago is just ridiculous.

Maybe Gloria Borger we should take your accountability into question over the fact that you lost your virginity as a teenager. Or the fact that you were a pot smoker in college and were a frequent to frat house orgy parties.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The political spin machine headed up by CNN is out to destroy all candidates Republican. Really brings me back to 2008. "Is it a legitimate question to ask" that some other reporter broke a story about something you may or may not have had any affiliation with twenty years ago? The short answer should have been a resounding, "No!" This is the news game played since NY Times v. Sullivan gave "news reporters" carte blanche to exaggerate anything first reported by some other "news reporter" to the point they are just plain making # up with impunity. Stories circulated decades ago that may or may not have any truth to them whatsoever are irrelevant today. But they can pretend it's news, and these tabloid character assassins can get away with a huge headline that insinuates Ron Paul walked out on an interview because he's a racist. These talking heads are nothing more than school-yard bullies out to glorify themselves in a never-ending series of ego-boosting power plays. When are they going to figure out that we don't care about their bankrupt moral judgments? I can hardly watch the "news" anymore because I always get some idiot's opinion along with stories no one should care about, while the real stories are buried. They should have asked him if he thinks marijuana should be legalized...but they can't. They are nothing more than "errand boys for grocery store clerks" to quote one of my favorite movies. Turn CNN off!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Shame on you OP ..SHAME ON YOU !!!!!

You are doing false accusations against only real candidate there

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
reply to post by AzureSky

The head of the NAACP in texas went on record as saying that he knows Dr. Paul and he isn't racist. The news letter was written while he was out of politics and deliverying babies. There where actually several newsletters that were going around at this time. He has explained it. Also, this is the only thing they can find on him? Not bad at all.

Having watched American politics as an outsider, I don't trust anything anyone says about anything. They're all liars and cheats.
However, I trust the opinions of most when it comes to Ron Paul, and I would STILL say that he is the best person for the job amongst all of them.

I've heard his explanations, and I would take that, with his expressed opinions now, over and above all the idiotic, homophobic, warmongering statements other politicians are making RIGHT NOW.

Even with this, when you look at his explanation of it too, it's meaningless and I would still vote for him over any of those other 'tards running.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by maryjo44
Wow OP you just clinched it for me...
With your way of thinking and attitude, I'm now voting for Ron Paul

Because if this is the only dirt that could be found about him, and it's not even true.

Gosh he almost sounds to good to be true...

This is a big mistake and atrocious if true. He denies it like all politicians. Why is it you believe this is not true?

Giving benefit of the doubt where it is not due will turn around and bite you in the butt.

When you look at the other options, even if this WERE true, his opinions and statements now are far more positive and for the betterment of Americans than any other person on stage.
You accept that there are plenty of dirty tricks pulled in politics, but this seems to be selective. What should people believe?

I believe the man who has shown dignity throughout, I believe the man who others state is not racist, I believe the man who has been consistent.
I trust the man who doesn't want bigger government, I trust the man who doesn't want to attack another country, I trust the man who doesn't want to attack gay people, I trust the man who will actually do what the people want them to do and end the fed...

Put all of them on a stage, and he stands out as the BEST candidate by far. And the fact that others are resorting to this kind of smearing is proof that he's now a threat to them

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
OP, the smear of "antisemitism" no longer works. It has been abused far too many times, not unlike the boy who cried wolf. Here is Ben Stein accusing Ron Paul of being antisemitic for saying that the US were occupiers in Iraq:

It's as if his brain turned off the moment he heard "occupy" and immediately thought of Israel. "Occupy? How dare he say occupy?! Antisemite! Antisemite!" Pretty LULZY considering the interview had nothing to do with Israel or Jews.

ATS is patrolled, more so than other sites, by paid shills in think tanks. The Israeli Hasbara Fellowship has a presence here due to 9/11 and Fukushima conspiracy theories. For some reason they seem to be using what I call 'junior' tactics which involves labeling everything they don't like as antisemitic. Were this a political forum on Israel/Palestine, they would avoid using it due to it's ineffectiveness. Not saying OP is a shill, just saying to watch out for them. Especially anybody who uses the antisemitic term. Normal people don't use that term.

Ron Paul is not racist (debunked) or antisemitic. Cutting off foreign aid from Israel or criticizing Israel for their brutality is not antisemitism. If Israel was made up of Canadians instead of Jews, nobody would care about these things. Regardless of the literal definition of semite and how antisemite is literally incorrectly used, (like calling petroleum 'gas' for example) it can basically be thought of as 'anti-Jewish' and that's not how it is used. It is used by non-Jews and Jews alike to deflect criticism.

If somebody disagrees with your position on Israel, they might call you an antisemite. It's so laughable.I'm not trying to offend anybody who is Jewish, but Israel dug their grave and now they have to lie in it. Conning the West via Jewish persecution used as sympathy it an outrage. All the fundamentalist "useful idiots" defending Israel are nuts. You don't criticize a country like Iran and then unconditionally support a far more evil nation like Israel unless you're insane. And no they aren't evil because they're Jews. They're evil because Zionism is a fascist political ideology and they are getting away with war crimes, Apartheid, ethnic cleansing, and various other Nazi behavior. They get upset when you make the Nazi analogy, but come on folks. Call a spade a spade. You say the truth, you don't hold back when they're killing people just because it might hurt their feelings. Most Israel citizens are innocent, they've just been brainwashed into this whole Zionism thing. it's the leaders of Israel who are a threat to the security of the world. They have 'secret' nukes, their finger on the button, and they aren't afraid to push it to light up the middle east. Maybe even the entire world (google 'Samson Option')

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by impressme

Even if your assertions are true, and Dr. Paul is lying about not having knowledge of the bigoted remarks in this publication, I don't give a damn. I'd still rather have a racist in office that would actually cause change for the good of this nation, than someone else (who is also probably a racist secretly) who would continue us on the path of destruction we are following now.
This post only goes to show how easily manipulated people are by the media's smear campaigns. Pathetic.

i can't believe you got 130+ stars for that. A racist has no business in the white house. Thats like saying you would rather have a self admitted child molester in the white house as long as he is gonna make the country better. would it be ok if he was a self admitted racist towards white people?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
It may be old news, but Paul and his supporters should address this NOW and get it out of the way BEFORE the primary/general election. This is the one side of Paul I don't like, his fickle nature in interviews - taking off the mic and walking out of the interview will only cement the idea that he refuses to address or acknowledge those racist remarks in those newsletters in the minds of his detractors. He's got to relax a little in these situations and talk them through. The guy has a sharp mind and wit, storming out only makes him look petulant.

How many times does he have to address it? We're in the dozens now, by my count over the years.

I also agree he should have handled it better, but you do also have to think about it - you've lived, by all accounts, a wholesome clean life: you served in the military, were a country doctor who offered free & discounted services instead of accepting entitlement funds, loyally married for +50 years, and have actively legislated by and spoken about concepts of individual liberty, anti-collectivism of all sorts, self-reliance, and the like - and whenever you start performing well, all the "fair weather friends" who had you on so often for your respected opinions turn on you and start rehashing things that have already been addressed multiple times and are obviously being used in a political fashion.

Yeah, after the umpteenth time, I'd probably get a little pissy myself, at the least. Good form, no. Understandable...yeah, kinda.

It doesn't matter how many times in the past Ron Paul or his supporters have dealt with this....the fact is he is one of the front runners now...and many people are seeing him for the very first time. So NOW is when the media is SUPPOSED to cover this.

And the way Ron Paul is handling it is going to kill his campaign. You can't just say you answered that before or that you don't know who wrote it when you are trying to become the PRESIDENT.

Like it or not, he HAS to deal with this...and walking off interviews, dodging the question, and refusing to release the names of the people who wrote the newsletter is turning a lot of people that are new to Ron Paul off. Sure, the die hard Paulites would stand by him while he raped and murdered a child...but not everyone is in the cult of Paul yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I watched the interview. He did not quit. He saw it through. He doesn't back down no matter what crap the media tries to throw at him. Poor title for your thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Raping and murdering children. Taking it to the exteme I see. Who do you think would make a better President than Ron Paul?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

There is no way you can get these people to do the leg work. It's easier for them to pile on to a bunch of crap about someone they don't support.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

even if they are lies, being racist is probably the strongest thing he has going for him. think about it. he is not racist. i have seen too many of his speeches and read too many of his books to see him as a racist. The ability to be racist is freedom. if you want to be racist then be racist, but what he is going to do for this country is allow everyone the freedom to choose. it is just ignorant to post racism as a scapegoat when its a hypocritical response. he is fighting for our freedom. if you don't see it that way then you are unamerican. no if ands or buts. thats the way it has been since george washingtons time.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Personally I agree with Dr. Paul,he has addressed this issue many times and this is all mud the opposition can dig up on him.The msm continues with to bring this up so they can hope the people with a short attention span will hear half of it and believe he had said it.
Ron Paul stands for all people,in no way is he a racist

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join