It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Here's Ron Paul's view on racism IN HIS OWN WORDS:

His views of Homosexuality IN HIS OWN WORDS:

So quit the libel and innuendo.
edit on 21-12-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

how many times can you answer the same question?

He asked for the interview to proceed (you know, to be productive) and she refused to continue after he answered patiently several times. When you feel like the interview cannot proceed and have politely asked for it to proceed, you have no choice but to leave or continue to be asked the same questions.

He owes no explanation to me because I saw the interview very clearly for what it was.

Like I said, the racism claims has been debunked here in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at the connections of Gloria Berger, the CNN interviewer and why she had a motive to exceed her journalistic morality to harass him.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

#2. PLEASE, go back and look back at the post in the different Politics forums and see how this was addressed back in 2008

This is something that really irks me. (Not looking back on the Politics forum, but looking back in general) Paul has addressed this issue time and time again! Are "some" voters too lazy to actually do their own research? Seriously! I mean, you are voting for the president of the most powerful nation on the planet, and yet you are too lazy to do 5 minutes of research????

The best part is, it happens over and over again and they NEVER learn. They fall for it EVERY time. Then they sit back and complain about how screwed up things are.

Totally agree with this 110%. Cant say it any better

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

You don’t run away when you are being questioned, especially when you are running for President.

I am sure Dr. Paul as changed his opinions about black, gays, and Jews but one has to truly wonder if he thought no one would ever find those racist newsletters.
The video in question means absolutely nothing to me; it is Ron Pauls’ behavior and how he did nothing about the newsletters article at the time they were written. Ron Paul had an obligation at the time to run a re- attraction explaining that he did not support such racist ideas, this should have never been in his newsletters Ron Paul is responsible for his publication not his writers. The man needs to stop giving excuses to why it is not his fault. He should have investigated the articles at the time they were published, and you better believe if he didn’t write them, then he definitely got phone calls over them and he should have fired the journalist who wrote them, however the fact is Ron Paul didn’t investigate or fire anyone as evidence shows this.
edit on 22-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I am of mixed decent,and I will be voting for Ron Paul.

Non issue,for me. Non issue for Ron Paul. Issue for those who are not voting for him,or have an agenda.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What did he run away from? He answered the questions head on saying he didn't know about them, don't agree with those views, BUT he took moral responsibility because it was written under his name.

What more do you want? Like I asked you before, how many times can one person patiently answer the same question without having to make his mind up to leave so he can be productive somewhere else. Afterall, he IS the FRONT RUNNER in Iowa, he has to maintain that status by going to townhall meetings across the state and New Hampshire as well, where he places second place.

You expect him to answer the same question until the interviewer gets tired of harassing him? That is a joke and you know it.

Use some common sense people, he didn't run away from anything, HE ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS.

Did you not even see the interview itself? where do you come up with these insane accusations of what he did or didn't do?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You want the truth? Here it is. And for those who can't watch the video? I tool the time to type out his words.

ALL QUOTES BELOW TAKEN FROM DR. RON PAUL IN ABOVE VIDEO

Everybody knows I don’t participate in that kind of language. It’s not my lifestyle.

The important part is when you bring this up what you’re saying is ‘you’re a racist’ you’re asking ‘are you a racist’ and the answer is ‘No, no I’m not.

As a matter of fact Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King, is my hero because they practice the libertarian principle of civil disobedience non violence. Libertarians are incapable of being racist because racism is a collectivist idea, you see people in groups. A civil libertarian such as myself sees everyone as an important individual. It’s not the color of their skin that’s important, as Martin Luther King said, what is important is the character of the individual.

He also brings up - as now is the same today - when he starts getting more of the vote ‘they‘ have to undermine him. Enough said. But Dr. Paul isn’t through.

What other candidate would stand up and say right into the camera I would pardon all blacks, all whites, everyone who’s been convicted of non-violent drug acts.

Dr. Paul, in fact is fighting against the discrimination of the judicial system. Take a listen, it’s all there.

What I defend is the principal of Libertarianism where we never see people who belong to a group and every individual is defended and protected because they’re an important individual not because of the color of their skin but their character!

APPLAUSE!!!

I am the anti-racist because I am the only candidate Republican or Democrat who’d protect the minority against these vicious drug laws.

About the newsletters?

It’s in there, it’s bad, I recognize that, I had a moral responsibility but that doesn’t mean, you know, that you can indirectly charge me as being a racist. That is what’s being done and yet I am the most ANTI-RACIST because I don’t see people in collective groups...

Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Gandhi - they’re the heroes of mine in practice of civil disobedience to try to get the burden of government off our backs and that’s why I’m the one that protects the individual blacks in the city who are so unfairly being treated and thrown in prison. That’s the message that needs to be heard, rather than nitpicking over something done many years ago which I did not write.

The point is it’s not part of my character. The point is when people get charged they usually have a clip. A clips, a slip of the tongue or something and then they’re blasted to kingdom come, nobody has ever heard me say that (referencing another sander line), they know those are not my thoughts, and therefore the people have not rejected me in Texas. It’s a bit of a witch hunt... You have to look at the motivation behind this.

DR. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

peace
edit on 22-12-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

First time I ever heard of this.

Fist thought that come to mind. Paul racist ? This goes against the very grain of his profession. ( Medical Physician)
How many Medical Physicians does anyone here know that are racist ? This is all they can get on Paul, it's very long stretch at that.

edit on 22-12-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
And racist? I dont think we need a nearly 78 year old doctor going against a 20 something leader of N. Korea who is supposedly "tech-savy" and would in a heartbeat let the bombs or PULSE fly our way,

He's plain too old and out-of-touch with the modern world...and his opinions too. Unless of course he just listens
to HIS 20-30-something advisors...which is all at his age he can do.

Lets see him run a mile...doubtful. All the way. America? Wake up...its already too late.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This racist thing the news media is trying to put out is nothing more than BS, everybody is racist to a point... I remember reading this somewhere:

Using a variety of sophisticated methods, psychologists have established that people unwittingly hold an astounding assortment of stereotypical beliefs and attitudes about social groups: black and white, female and male, elderly and young, gay and straight, fat and thin. Although these implicit biases inhabit us all, we vary in the particulars, depending on our own group membership, our conscious desire to avoid bias and the contours of our everyday environments.

Get a life... the racist thing is overblown, take the time to understand why this is why it is... you have to take the time to see things in another’s point of view and others have to do the same; Until that happens everything will remain the same, you are a racist because of what you have perceived out of your life experiences, and allot of those presumptions change as we get older and understand more.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

He's plain too old and out-of-touch with the modern world...and his opinions too

Really?
Then how about you give us an example or two to clarify just what opinions (you think) Dr. Paul has that you find to be - outdated?

While we're waiting I'd like to remind you Dr. Ron Paul is the ONLY CANDIDATE who will release all persons in jail convicted for (non violent) drug charges.

You can't get more 'new age' thinking than that.

Oh, and before I forget. Hadn't you heard? Under Obama and his regime - 80 is the 'new' 65 for retirement.

Is THAT your idea of 'young' thinking? That you're going to be spending over 65 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE WORKING FOR RETIREMENT ALL LETTING BIG GOVERNMENT SUCK YOU DRY FINANCIALLY?

If it is - have a good day - at work - for the next couple three decades or more.

peace
edit on 22-12-2011 by silo13 because: clarify

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If Ron Paul wants to win anything he's going to have to confront this. Take it like a man, not like the big baby, I keep seeing in the news. He's going to have stand up to the press. Not very thick skinned is he. There no way he'll ever get my vote.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

He asked for the interview to proceed (you know, to be productive) and she refused to continue after he answered patiently several times. When you feel like the interview cannot proceed and have politely asked for it to proceed, you have no choice but to leave or continue to be asked the same questions.

He owes no explanation to me because I saw the interview very clearly for what it was.

You have a right to your opinions; however you do not speak for the rest of the American population and neither do I.

Like I said, the racism claims has been debunked here in this thread:

I disagree with you and again that is your opinion. Nothing been debunked about Ron Pauls’ newsletters all I seen by many posters on this thread are only their excuses to why we should ignore his racists’ newsletters and all their excuses to why Ron Paul yanked off his mic and walked off in the middle of an interview. This behavior is not of leadership if anything it shows he has something to hide. I do not understand why Ron Paul allowed these news letters to continue knowing full well they were racist. Perhaps Paul was trying to target the Southern Antiroyalists groups for support in Mississippi to gain new memberships for his racist rag that earn him close to a million dollars. Interesting what people will do to make a buck these days
Now many Americans have embraced in “discrimination” for leadership can we stoop any lower?
FYI, I do not hate Ron Paul; however he has not explained why (he alone) allowed such racists articles to continue to be published for as long as they did under his name. None of you can sweep this under the rug. Many Americans have read Ron Pauls’ rag and are completely repulsed by the hatred displayed in his newsletters. One has to wonder could there be that many “racist” that support Ron Paul newsletters.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

If Ron Paul wants to win anything he's going to have to confront this. Take it like a man, not like the big baby, I keep seeing in the news. He's going to have stand up to the press. Not very thick skinned is he. There no way he'll ever get my vote.

So you have any idea how many times he's had to repudiate this? It's a dead and beaten horse many many times over and over again. Why should he have to continually put up with this *bleep*. Because that is ALL it is.

You don't want to vote for him? That's your choice. But I can guarantee you - you will regret it. Unless you're independently wealthy - and above the law.

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

yes, and you will continue to think like that when you refuse to look at things presented right in front of your eyes:

www.scribd.com...

It is really too bad you claim all of this and that how he ran away from the interview and when I rebutted that AND your other claims, you had absolutely nothing to say. A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

If you're going to make claims, stand by it. If you're wrong, admit it.

Otherwise, don't even play this game...at this rate, you'll burn out from the Ron Paul marathon.
edit on 22-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Now many Americans have embraced in “discrimination” for leadership can we stoop any lower?
FYI, I do not hate Ron Paul; however he has not explained why (he alone) allowed such racists articles to continue to be published for as long as they did. None of you can sweep this under the rug. Americans have read Ron Pauls’ rag and are completely repulsed by the hatred. One has to wonder are there that many “racist” that support Ron Paul.

Here's his answer.

The important part is when you bring this up what you’re saying is ‘you’re a racist’ you’re asking ‘are you a racist’ and the answer is ‘No, no I’m not.

As a matter of fact Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King, is my hero because they practice the libertarian principle of civil disobedience non violence. Libertarians are incapable of being racist because racism is a collectivist idea, you see people in groups. A civil libertarian such as myself sees everyone as an important individual. It’s not the color of their skin that’s important, as Martin Luther King said, what is important is the character of the individual.

And...

What I defend is the principal of Libertarianism where we never see people who belong to a group and every individual is defended and protected because they’re an important individual not because of the color of their skin but their character!

And...

It’s in there, it’s bad, I recognize that, I had a moral responsibility but that doesn’t mean, you know, that you can indirectly charge me as being a racist. That is what’s being done and yet I am the most ANTI-RACIST because I don’t see people in collective groups...

Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Gandhi - they’re the heroes of mine in practice of civil disobedience to try to get the burden of government off our backs and that’s why I’m the one that protects the individual blacks in the city who are so unfairly being treated and thrown in prison. That’s the message that needs to be heard, rather than nitpicking over something done many years ago which I did not write.

And...

The point is it’s not part of my character. The point is when people get charged they usually have a clip. A clips, a slip of the tongue or something and then they’re blasted to kingdom come, nobody has ever heard me say that (referencing another sander line), they know those are not my thoughts, and therefore the people have not rejected me in Texas. It’s a bit of a witch hunt... You have to look at the motivation behind this.

link

Now, what more do you need to hear? Or are you just choosing not to believe him?

peace

edit on 22-12-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ron Paul is full of it and many of you are falling for it, some of you have not learned anything, just being oblivious. This man has a bad history * racist Newsletters*
I see all the damage control experts in this thread trying desperately to save Ron Pauls’ character. Won’t work the cat is out of the bag.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Nice try.
You will NOT get your way.
Ron Paul WILL get my vote.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
reply to post by silo13

Ron Paul is full of it and many of you are falling for it, some of you have not learn a thing, just being oblivious. This man has a bad history * racist Newsletters*
I see all the damage control experts in this thread trying desperately to save Ron Pauls’ character. Won’t work the cat is out of the bag.

You've fallen back through so many levels of your own arguments and you still have absolutely no credible argument to fall back on past 'the newsletters' so you make attacks saying we don't learn, we're oblivious.

Even after I made a post calling you out for not looking at the de-bunking of the accusations of the newsletters, you STILL refuse to acknowledge it and continue your attacks.

The only cat out of the bag is the truth and you still won't acknowledge the cat.

come on...acknowledge the cat, READ THE DEBUNKING and the rest of the decades of EVIDENCE of his support of the black community, because nobody will take your accusations seriously.

edit on 22-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Use some common sense people, he didn't run away from anything, HE ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS.

You are misunderstanding politics, unfortunately. It does not matter what logically or rationally happened. It matters how it can be spun, which is, "Ron Paul can't even handle basic criticism? How is he going to handle being president? Is Ron Paul just going to walk out before the job is completed in office?"

Use your common sense. Who is the candidate who needs to be smeared right now because he's winning and none of the establishment wants him to win? Ron Paul. Who is able to twist any tiny thing into a giant issue even if it's a non issue? The establishment. They will try to use this against him, and a lot of stupid people will buy right into it.

It's not the end of his campaign or anything as drastic as that, but, it certainly sounds weak to walk out from an interview. People will focus on the "walking away from an interview" part and not even pay attention to the context of why he walked out. It's not even about the racist newsletter issue (though that is an issue as well that falls under the same rules - it doesn't matter what reality is, it matters how reality gets spun). It's about Ron Paul standing up before the interview time was over and walking out. Look, you can say that in one sentence, which is about the amount of time people will be paying attention, and after that one sentence, you can try to talk context and media bias all you want, but the fact remains that the only thing that sticks in people's mind is the one sentence.

So yeah, it doesn't matter if he ran away or not. They'll be saying he ran away, and it will hurt RP. Paul could have very easily prevented it by sticking around and twisting the interviewer's words to make the interviewer look like an idiot. Instead, RP came out looking like the idiot on this one regardless of how right he may have been. And that's politics...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join