It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This isn't going to help him either.

Excellent find.

White Supremacists Rally Around Ron Paul's Newsletter Scandal

Seems to be what's happening around here as well.
Won't be long now and all the rabid supporters who hang onto this sinking slave ship will be branded for the rest of their political careers too. There are a lot of people campaigning for an outed racist and now that the truth has gone viral they will soon need to abandon ship or sink along with it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Did you even bother to researhc your claim? He's a Constitutionalist. He voted against Rosa Parks getting a medal because there was no constitutional authority to do SO!

He said it wasn't personal. Would you rather have a man who went against the Constitution because he 'liked' someone.

He's personally stated that she is one of his Heroes, yet you choose to ignore FACTS and come to ATS with your unresearched drivel and being a victim of propagandist smears against him.

As an "ex" (yeah right) Ron Paul supporter, you've been duped bud.

Another one bites the dust of bait and switch clown show politicking and media attack dogs.

edit on 22-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sumgai

Great analysis but its already been proven the people making these claims on ATS don't care about analyzing the information provided, unfortunately, they've already made their judgement based on what the MSM told them.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul is over the target and the media smear machine is out in full force.

They bring up the 'newsletters' because that's all they have left, an ALLEGED newsletter.

CNN and Wolf will make sure it's front and center just like it was in 2008.

The media are doing there job to ensure Ron Paul has a hitch in campaign yet they seem to ignore him everytime he does well in polls (offline or online)

Where are they when that happens? Nowhere, they flat out ignore him.

But this, this alleged 20 year old document which seems to be the only physical evidence of racism for a man 76 years old and in public service for half his life.....THIS is the Holy Grail?

Jesus, there more evidence that I'M a racist and I'm a 37 businessman with a very private life.

And the media is going to run with this over and over and over.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Furthermore it's sad that you as a 'former' Ron Paul supporter fall for the smoke and mirrors that they run every election time with him. That it drove you to post on ATS a very loosely associated OP with rhetoric to BURN him and throw him under the bus now that you're done with him.

As if you've solved the caper and are now being "profound" as the media is with rehashing garbage.

It must give you a sense of pride to join them in their quest as hacks to obfuscate and disorient the masses with convoluted sensationalism.

All for some stars and flags on the Interwebs......look at you go detective.

*Golf Clap*

edit on 22-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

More candidates should do this when facing idiotic accusations by BS MSM antagonists.

I mean when it's legitimately BS... Obviously if Cain had walked away when being asked about sexual harassment it would have been different.

Way to go, RP, you 80 year old Rockstar, you.

You're a true American.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Who really cares what was written twenty years ago in Ron Pauls' name? It is irrelevant to the current political scene. He has disavowed the script and that should be the end of the matter. This type of thing is typical of political muck-raking by the media.

It is what Ron Paul stands for NOW that is much more important.

He is the only presidential candidate who is consistent in his views and his message. He is also the only candidate that will be able to reverse the tyranny that is being imposed upon the American people. All the other candidtaes are globalists and if any of them were elected would follow the globalist's agenda. They are puppets and not good for America or its citizens and should be disregarded in the forthcoming elections.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by David9176
This isn't going to help him either.

Excellent find.

White Supremacists Rally Around Ron Paul's Newsletter Scandal

Seems to be what's happening around here as well.
Won't be long now and all the rabid supporters who hang onto this sinking slave ship will be branded for the rest of their political careers too. There are a lot of people campaigning for an outed racist and now that the truth has gone viral they will soon need to abandon ship or sink along with it.

It is well known that white supremacist groups have ties to agencies such as the CIA.

Ron Paul is anti-CIA.

So what happens? The CIA riles up some of their members in these racist organizations to publicly support Ron Paul as to attack the image of the man.

And then here come the shills pretending that he is without a doubt "an outed racist" (your words). Talking about supporters as "rabid", and his platform a "sinking slave ship".

Seriously, get the hell off the internet.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I am happy that I posted this thread, what I have learned from reading many posts in this thread that many people who see our country falling apart mainly because of no accountability from Wall Street, government, the worlds banking cartels, and corporate greed while many are stripping away the middle class and watching many members in Congress passing unconstitutional regulations.

I agree we need a real change and can read that most of you want the same thing including myself.
I want nothing more than to see our corrupt officials thrown out of office or voted out of office as much as the rest of you.

Back in the 2008 elections I was a stanch Ron Paul supporter and I bought a few yard banners, and bumper stickers, I was desperate for a new change. I was like many of you I was disgusted with the Bush administration and their illegal wars of bogus terrorism (OBL, WMD) and the like.

I read about Pauls’ letters close to the 2008 election time and even found many of them on the internet and I have to say I was very disappointed. I was repulsed to what I was reading in Ron Pauls’ newsletters, at that point it didn’t even matter if Ron Paul wrote those newsletters or not it was being done under his name.

Yes, I read about the different journalist and groups that may have been behind many of Paules' news articles they reeked of racist’s insults and were the work of an opinionated and bigoted mind. To me this was sick this was not leadership, these letters were just the tip of the iceberg for me.

I checked what Ron Paul had voted for and voted against during his years in office and I have to say some things where good, yet there where negatives votes on many healthcare issues and other things.

I was stunned to read in one of Pauls’ newsletters as he writes about the poor who couldn’t afford healthcare, Paul said if you didn’t have any money to pay the doctor bills when he was young you could always barter, or ask your neighbors or family for help. I had the feeling this man was out of touch with reality because today you cannot barter with doctors to pay for your healthcare, perhaps Ron Paul was demonstrating that you could just walk in the doctor’s office with a couple of chickens or perhaps a cow who knows. G-d knows asking for help from my neighbors would never happen because very few ever stayed very long in their rented homes.
Family, from what I read and have experience today it is not the same as it was 35 years ago, families used to take care of one another now it is every dog for him or herself, we live in a very self-absorbed society.

I dropped my support for Ron Paul near the last minute in the 2008 elections, I felt if Ron Paul knew what was in those Newsletters and did absolutely nothing about them such as to investigate who wrote these articals. Also he should have fired the editors responsible. Apparently it didn't matter to Ron Paul, I felt a man who made a lot of money from his newsletters and with this kind of beliefs system could be a very dangerous man to hold such political powers as President. I felt Ron Paul was a threat to people of different race's and religions in our country.

Yes, I want change, but not the kind that was demonstrated in Ron Pauls’ money making newsletters and the negative groups that supported them.

At this time I am not supporting any candidate for President I haven’t found one that supports all the people.
edit on 23-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Beware of shilling of this proportion. You'll see the same talking points appear as comments on youtube videos, blogs, other fora and not to mention, the television.

Someone who was pro Ron Paul and turned against him because of letters Ron Paul did not know about, yes, great supporting and fact checking there.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
He left because that bulldog looking reporter from CNN came on to smear him and he wasn't having any part of it.
When Ron Paul gets put into a situation that is below his class level (which that old woman from CNN with no class at all approached him with.) He knows what they're up to and he is above it. Here is another situation where this happened.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
repost
edit on 23-12-2011 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think they just dont like what ron paul talks about nd wants to silence him so they beg him to talk about something different, i.e. race issues. I would have told that lady, look youre the one consumed by race issues not me.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

wait are you trying to tell us that you didnt watch this back in 2008 ?

i didnt see him quit back then , now the question is why did CNN ask the question again when they got their answer 4 years ago ? they could have saved some money in interviewing him again and aired the 4 year old interview again .

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Unless it is a deliberate strategy by Paul to let the media work themselves into a corner by making the newsletters the only dirt they can pull up on him and then answer the allegations convincingly, he is doing a very poor job of addressing the allegations.

While to his dedicated supporters, his views are obvious, to the rest i.e, most of the voting public, they are not. Something that was printed under his name in a newsletter published by him is not something he can ask be ignored, especially someone who is contesting on a platform of consistency. It doesn't matter how many times and ways the question is asked he should have the patience to answer them without becoming emotionally charged or exiting, thus appearing to be guilty.

Or it is quite possible that he calculates that in the post Obama-election US, the racist card is no longer relevant with all the races.

Either way it will be interesting to watch how he handles this issue in future and what the impact of his handling will be on his chances.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

once obama said he had no idea his church was racist, he responded by not attending it anymore. and everyone was satisfied. why doesn't ron paul get the same wiggle room from cnn? pretty obvious doncha think?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
He left because that bulldog looking reporter from CNN came on to smear him and he wasn't having any part of it.
When Ron Paul gets put into a situation that is below his class level (which that old woman from CNN with no class at all approached him with.) He knows what they're up to and he is above it. Here is another situation where this happened.

And there is a situation where he is calling someone a "queer".

Real nice Ron Paul...not really helping your image of a homophobic racist.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Originally posted by Finalized
Reply to post by impressme

Here is a question for you. What is one of Ron's stated reasons for wanting to end the war on drugs.

Stop listening to the MSM and go and do some research on your own.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

he wont answer it so i will. Mr Paul believes the drug laws as they are enforced disproportionately affect minorities in incarceration rates. specifically blacks, and Hispanics.

Damn straight!!!!
And the best they can do is call this man a racist?

I pity the people that fall for this MSM propaganda against RP.
They keep voting for the same crooks and liars and expect different results.. wait.... doesn't that make them.. Insane?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join