It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Everyone's a bit racist, Dr. Obama more so than average. I hate the MSM!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be president 2012.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If Ron Paul wanted to prove he had nothing to do with this....he would investigate this himself and find out who wrote many of these heinous articles and CALL THEM OUT.

WHY HASN'T HE DONE IT????

How can it be that hard? It was HIS NEWSLETTER.

He says he didn't read them all...REALLY? His own newsletter? Not even on his work breaks...didn't pick up his own newsletter?

Wouldn't pretty much everyone want to know what was being printed in their own name?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by impressme

Early on I did support Ron Paul. That support was short lived, ending abruptly upon learning of his attitudes regarding blacks, Jews, gays and those on disability. Even though he claims not to be racist or anti- Semitic, his own newsletter proves otherwise.
Ron Paul claims he never said or read any of the negative comments that appeared in his newsletters. Paul insisted that someone other than himself authored these articles. He claimed the editor (s) missed the articles when proof reading the copy. This appears to be another lie as his name is on the newsletter as the editor. Ron Paul has demonstrated that he refuses to take responsibility for his actions.
Is this what you all want as President?

Attitudes ragarding blacks? You mean like how he has publicly stated for half his life that Rosa Parks and MLK are 'heroes' of his?

Jews? Huh?

Gays? Care to be more specific?

His 'name' was on letterhead of a newsletter that he hardly payed attention to and multiple people were involved in.

Yet for you this is PROOF of him being racist, anti 'semitic', anti gay?

You don't care about the fact that for half his life he has run for public office, yet nobody can account for hearing him even state a racist term? Nobody can recall or duplicate any writings of his? For a 76 year old man?

He must be pretty good "racist' then with super ninja stealth. He confined his tirades to ONE newsletter and, oops, that escaped....now he's caught. You guys have blown the caper wide open,,,huh?

And you're going to keep on going on this newsletter thing and beat it in the ground forever and ever I bet.

Here's the deal. If you were a 'former' Ron Paul supporter and it took this sensationalist GARBAGE to end your support....well then...we really don't need you anyways.

Go support Obama or one of the GOP hucksters. Don't let the door hit ya.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Here's the deal. If you were a 'former' Ron Paul supporter and it took this sensationalist GARBAGE to end your support....well then...we really don't need you anyways.

Actually, you do need people like him....and that's why Ron Paul will never be President.

I used to be a Ron paul supporter. Sorry pal...too many things add up.

Attitudes ragarding blacks? You mean like how he has publicly stated for half his life that Rosa Parks and MLK are 'heroes' of his?

He publicly stating he wouldn't have voted for the civil rights act...voted against Rosa Parks getting a Congressional Gold Medal. He was the ONLY dissenting vote.

I keep hearing the argument...well he wants to get all the minorities out of prisons because of drug laws.....yeah...maybe some. Or maybe he just views it as another form of welfare......
edit on 22-12-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Because everything that gets cropped up is true is it?
Even if it is, Racism was more prevalent then too. Seeing as it was 20 or more years ago.

I doubt this will stop anything, i bet its a forgery. Thats where i put my money. They will do anything not to see someone with a brain in office.

And from the way the article sounds, he had no idea that this stuff was written. or who wrote it.

edit on 21/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

I'm sure if these newsletters were from Palin you would have no problem calling her a racist.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
If Ron Paul wanted to prove he had nothing to do with this....he would investigate this himself and find out who wrote many of these heinous articles and CALL THEM OUT.

WHY HASN'T HE DONE IT????

How can it be that hard? It was HIS NEWSLETTER.

He says he didn't read them all...REALLY? His own newsletter? Not even on his work breaks...didn't pick up his own newsletter?

Wouldn't pretty much everyone want to know what was being printed in their own name?

Paul found out about it TEN YEARS after it was written! Yeah ok, let's just tell him go figure out who wrote this dribble 10 years later. it's now 22 years later, he has denounced the writings, has admitted someone wrote them and it wasn't him. You expect him to just KNOW who wrote it after 10 years, then again 22 years later? Wtf is wrong with you guys, seriously? From my understanding, there are a couple possibilities as to who wrote them (eg Lew Rockwell) but do we *know* that absolutely for sure? No. Whoever it is, has not and will most-likely not ever admit to it. Do you think Paul has the type of character to just accuse someone without knowing ALL the facts first 22 years later??

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well people wanted RP to get the same attention as everyone else that is running. Here is your wish come true.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You're telling me he doesn't have the cash to end this whole thing once and for all? Why didn't he do it in 2008? He's getting loads of campaign cash...surely he should be able to find out.

After all, he's so incredibly honest and truthful he'd definitely want to investigate this and clear his good name...wouldn't he?

His poll numbers are going to start dropping now. I stated over the last month, if Ron Paul took the lead in polls, that this would come to light and destroy his campaign.

Now it's happening as i knew it would.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The smear campaign started Monday, for him to drop in the polls, the surveys would have to be conducted yesterday and released today.

So please, show a poll conducted yesterday and released today that shows him dropping because of this smear campaign.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Whoever it is, has not and will most-likely not ever admit to it.

Even if it was Ron Paul himself? Or is he not included in your assessment?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The smear campaign started Monday, for him to drop in the polls, the surveys would have to be conducted yesterday and released today. So please, show a poll conducted yesterday and released today that shows him dropping because of this smear campaign.

It's not going to drop immediately....it's most likely going to take a few weeks or a month or so...just like the others. Herman Cain had sex allegations all over the place and he led the polls for weeks...Gingrich is one of the most corrupt politicians EVER and he was leading the polls...Bachmann is bat S crazy and she led polls.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Whoever it is, has not and will most-likely not ever admit to it.

Even if it was Ron Paul himself? Or is he not included in your assessment?

I, as well as even most of his extreme critics don't believe he wrote them, or that he's a racist, give me a break. Paul's politics alone speak volumes about his respect for ALL life. He's never wavered on those issues and he's got a LOT of support from the black community and other communities. The president of the NAACP even said he's not a racist.

Here's the one that should REALLY put this to bed, but it won't for you since you refuse to believe he's actually a good man, with good policies. It's all over ATS already, but here it is again. (the title is sarcastic)

NAACP Nelson Linder speaks on Ron Paul and racism:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

The smear campaign started Monday, for him to drop in the polls, the surveys would have to be conducted yesterday and released today.

So please, show a poll conducted yesterday and released today that shows him dropping because of this smear campaign.

Started where? Posting on ATS is not indicative of a smear campaign. This comes up every damn time the guy runs. It came up in 2008 as well. I haven't heard of it anywhere else but ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

LOL really? It's been all over the news since Monday. I can understand if you don't watch the news, good for you! This isn't exclusive to ATS, however.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You used to be gung ho about Ron Paul. Sad to see things have changed. Although as staunch as you are about federalism dictating the course of the country, maybe you were just going through a brief phase with libertarianism or constitutionality, which is fine. The "Too many things add up" really hit a nerve with me, though. Especially as you bring in the Civil Rights Bill into play or Rosa Parks... He said himself on the house floor "Why are we spending tax payer money on this? How about we all pitch in 100 dollars and pay for the medal ourselves." If you think that's racist, and compounded by racists supporting him, then well, I'm sorry. I honestly feel like that's your loss.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am near retirement age...and have worked over forty years.

How many presidencies have you lived through? Perhaps you are too young to remember all the broken "campaign promises" made just to get elected?

And he wont release anyone....just another "campaign promise" like they all make...and then break when they get elected. And he wont be...

We'll see how it pans out....if he doesnt drop dead 1st.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

This isn't going to help him either.

Yeah, because when someone decides to use YOUR alleged 'racism" to further their open and admitted agenda of racism, and you ride his coattails for publicity....that makes YOU the racist?

Nice logic there?

Guilt by association, awesome respect for fallacy.

'Charles Manson backs Reagan, that means Reagan is a serial murderer, durrr"
edit on 22-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

From the candor of the interviewer, and the tone Ron Paul's voice during that last CLIP (as in part of a longer recording) it seems to me that the interview was ALREADY OVER BEFORE HE TOOK OFF HIS MIC.

That's why the interviewer doesn't react surprised that he began taking off his mic.

In other words, the last clip is B-Roll.

There's nothing hasty about Ron Paul's manner in that last clip.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join