It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotech Bandages will "program" Blood Vessels During Healing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A new type of bandage being developed by scientists at the University of Illinois has the potential to shorten the amount of time required for healing to take place and actually serve to quicken the healing process. The researchers noted that their tests on chicken embryos resulted in a direct mirroring of the blood vessels to the pattern on the bandage, meaning in the future healing could be stimulated to mimic a specific pattern and be programmed in the future.

Source

I read this article and thought to myself...wow this could change quite abit and speed up the recovery of nearly all broken bones and lacerations to the skin. one big step forward done you agree.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth

A new type of bandage being developed by scientists at the University of Illinois has the potential to shorten the amount of time required for healing to take place and actually serve to quicken the healing process. The researchers noted that their tests on chicken embryos resulted in a direct mirroring of the blood vessels to the pattern on the bandage, meaning in the future healing could be stimulated to mimic a specific pattern and be programmed in the future.

Source

I read this article and thought to myself...wow this could change quite abit and speed up the recovery of nearly all broken bones and lacerations to the skin. one big step forward done you agree.

Sounds awesome its amazing what can be done these days. I can imagine a time when a limb is severed severely there could pottentialy in the future be able top repair an injury like that in a short period of time.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ROYALMARINE1987

Indeed, But am eager to know what effect this would have on society..to be healed so easily wouldnt that make people slightly careless.

P.s check your spelling, We love good grammar

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Speakerofthetruth

s/f op for a great find on this one. The Nano technology and the fruits and possibilities it possesses if unbelievable. I will be watching this tech closely. Thanks again.

PS If it's possible for this to be a reality, I wonder what it can do if inhaled

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth
reply to post by ROYALMARINE1987

Indeed, But am eager to know what effect this would have on society..to be healed so easily wouldnt that make people slightly careless.

P.s check your spelling, We love good grammar

We love good grammar & grandpa
But what happens if the band-aid surface pattern is a permanent 666 tracking barcode on your skin?

new topics

top topics

join