It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Mother Nature (Poem)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Since theguygeeza, ATS Member, posted his poem Mother Earth here in this forum and I gave him some unsolicited advice, I thought I would share a poem with a Mother Earth theme of my own which could be considered a work in progress to show that I am open to advice and constructive criticism as well. I hope you enjoy it.

A Letter to Mother Nature on the Eve of the Equinox

How proud you must be Mother,
To sense the ripening of your child
Who bare moments ago
First tasted waterdrops on fresh leaves
Doused in Sister Spring's rain,
Stretched to the sky a bit more
and sighed in the Summer sun.

The lush time is waning, Mother,
Sun reaches heights lessened every day,
Shadows fall quickly in the contours
Shaded by your ancient stands,
Forest and grottoes hold symphonies
of tiny music no more.

Fruit of your nurturing is falling Mother!
Fullness not to be held any longer,
Preparation for lean time has come with,
"Gather little children, gather more!"
First tinges of orange on green
Mark time's deliberate march.

I consider this all, dear Mother,
From cricket chirp to silent flurry,
Radiant finery of leaves in flight,
Hardening of soil in frost,
And promise,
I will wander as always,
This year and forever,
Delicately over your drowsy form,
Keep sentinel over you,
While you sleep soundly in my embrace.

~~The End

If anyone remembers the old days of AOL University forums...~~The End...was the standard ending in chat rooms for poems. LOL.....Thought I would toss that in there...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Great! I, for one, love it. The imagery is beautiful, I literally went on a trip through the seasons and ended up shivering in my bed at Winter again haha. I also sensed a good bit of emotional depth in the piece. I felt like you put a lot of thought into it. Thank you, I really enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

Thank you ParaZep. What I strive for in my poetry is exactly what you mentioned. I want you to see the poem in your mind and not just read it. Imagery is very important to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well done, your poem is great, it is good at bringing visuals, emotions & thoughts to ones mind. I know that is what poetry is all about & there is no criticism from this dreary, gloomy, dark & dank piece of rock that once used to be a great place to live Britain.

I am amazed that my effort at poetry can inspire such a piece of work, good stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

Actually, that poem dates from about 10 years ago. I call it a work in progress because I call all of my poems that. I seem to want to continually revise them like they are living pieces of art.

Your poem reminded me of that one of mine and I was happy to pull that one out of my stash to share.

I'm really happy you liked it. That was one of the poems I read at Faulkner State College in Alabama, The Pocono Playhouse in Pocono Mountain, PA and also on the beach on Tybee Island, GA while on tour with the Southern Poets Association.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaZep

Great! I, for one, love it. The imagery is beautiful, I literally went on a trip through the seasons and ended up shivering in my bed at Winter again haha. I also sensed a good bit of emotional depth in the piece. I felt like you put a lot of thought into it. Thank you, I really enjoyed it.

If I made you shiver I have done my job. Just about everything I write is based on imagery I get from emotion, which is why I don't write as much anymore, since happy poems suck, or are sappy, or are for children. lol

edit on 6-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: added imagery

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Hello again

I have a stash of poetry, rhymes & songs myself...you have made me look at these in a whole new light, living, working, changing, pieces of art. I have been told quite a few times that I should follow up on my writing so have my old shoe boxes out at the ready now and after this weekend is over I shall be re-reading them, prioritizing them and editing them. I use that information gathering program...face book to put out a lot of my writing but will start putting more that seem relevant on our site here in the foreseeable future.

I am happy to have intermet you tsawyer2, you have inspired me to get out poems that I wrote years ago, I am honoured to be in contact with somebody who is inspirational & can offer criticism and helpful words too. It is a shame that the mods will not allow us to post in the writers forum but may I U2U you please before I start a thread of poetry sometimes. I am not going to bombard ATS with poems but some may be relevant to our cause and it is a good thing if I can inspire others a wee bit surely ?

Thank you for being non judgemental & for giving me a push to blow the dust from old shoe boxes that have been needing the light of day for years.

Yours respectfully,

theguygeeza.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

Feel free to U2U me anytime you like. It would be an honor to see more of your work.

I'm happy you are dusting off those old shoe boxes.
edit on 7-1-2012 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join