It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Could Get "Downright Ugly" if Paul Wins Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
With all the disbelief in Ron Paul from constituents in the Republican Party, and their pollings that say 46 percent would not endorse him, but yet he still climbs, to me shows how defunct our politicians have become and how fed up America has become with this Left - Right paradigm BS.

Source

As unlikely as it might have seemed to professional politicians and talking-head media stars just a few weeks ago, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is now regarded as a real threat to win the Iowa caucuses on January 3, just one week before the New Hampshire primary. And the reaction of party leaders to that would not be pretty, said columnist Timothy Carney of the Washington Examiner.

GOP will take off gloves if Ron Paul wins Iowa

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

It is already getting ugly. There has been threats to hack the caucus results. The governor is trying to tell people who to vote for in an attempt to frighten the Republican party of Iowa. There are already fabrications being hurled against Ron Paul and anyone who wants to vote for him. The Kochs are coming out along with some of the tea party leaders (shows they truly were hi-jacked). Rumors of Palin and Jeb Bush thinking about running. It would all be totally hilarious if not so serious. The establishment is using its entire arsenal and Ron Paul is still gaining momentum. The blinders are coming off and the people are about done with all the crap they have endured for so long. It is time to push harder than ever before. We can't let them convince us we can't win through their propaganda just before we cross the finish line.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm sure Paul would love for the gloves to come off. The entire field and media can (and already has begun to) bring up the oh-so-tired racist newsletters (that he didn't personally write?) against him while Paul will have a lot more ammo to fire at his competition, and they had better brace themselves for return fire, as Paul will bring out the facts that Romney is a jobkiller, not creator, and Gingrich... Where to even start with him?

The next debate Paul will drag skeletons onto the stage, drop them in front of Romney and Gingrich and say, "You left these in your closets, thought they might come in useful tonight. Let the games begin."

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If 'flipflop' weirdo Ron Paul wins ,the media is going to take him to the cleaners!
Ron Paul is the Democrats and their Marxist (AP) media John McCain and their setting back a licking their 'chops',because, Ron is the only one Obama can beat.

He does not have national appeal or support,even in Texas.
Texan's even think he's weird.

You can take that to the bank...ya'll

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i'm a bit worried that the gloves coming off is gong to be the cia weapon that makes it look like you had a heart attack but am of course very hopeful for dr. paul.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This will get ugly no matter what happens.
It is hard to refute lies that are so in your face that the whole world sees it.
All Dr. Paul has done was made the lies mainstream, average folk like that.
Now if paul wins overwhelming popularity and the elecoral still votes against him, there may be a real revolution.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
he's not alone
edit on 21-12-2011 by Luckyxfactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Star and Flag.
Posting to keep track of this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was always a Republican. I voted Dem for the first time in 2008. I will vote Paul if I am given the opportunity.
I can't be the only one. I am not particularly fringe or odd. I have a nice normal job and Dr. Paul is the only one that makes any sense anymore. He's the only one that has been saying the same thing for year after year instead of changing his game with every new news cycle. Sometimes laughs a little too loud. I like that. It makes feel real.

edit on 21-12-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthRconsequences357

I see your signature has this following passage:

"All TRUTH passes through three stages.
First it is ridiculed.
Second it is violently opposed.
Third it is accepted as Being Self-Evident.
Obama The Democrats and their (AP)media stay in stage #1 & #2

It appears you're still stuck in the first stage.

new topics

top topics

join