It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Akragon,

To say you are "not Christian or Catholic" shows your limited understanding.

Lol... well arn't you amusing...

There are Catholic Christians and non-Catholic Christians.

What is your point... that has nothing to do with my understanding. Those are just labels...

Your personal "beliefs" maybe easy to proclaim but they aren't going to get you to Heaven.

I disagree...

God has revealed the way to get to Heaven through the Church He established, the Roman Catholic Church

Yet again i disagree...

Our Lord made Peter the head of His Church -Matt 16:18- here on earth. The fullness of God's Truth passed down since then hasn't changed. God doesn't change.

Which God?

There seems to be a few of them within the bible... Im guessing you believe the bible is "infallible" as well...

theres a thread on that in these forums... And the "infallibility" side is losing badly...

To protest and say, yes but the RCC became corrupted. Not true, this would make Jesus who is God a liar.

I said nothing about the RCC... You best check yourself.

Though i did say Jesus is not God... thats quite obvious.

And claiming he is God is calling Jesus a liar... And his father who sent him.

Our Lord said after making Peter head of His Church, He said the gates of Hell will not prevail against My Church. Satan has tried but will not destroy the Church, we have Our Lord's promise.

Satan?

The guy with the pitch fork?

Sorry i don't know the guy, nor do i believe in such fairy tales...

Read a Catholic Bible and the footnotes. www.drbo.org...
Read the Catechism, it is on the Net too.

No thank you...

And you didn't answer my question.... When did i mock Christ?

edit on 28-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on
the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.
Since when has this been a Catholic doctrine, or is this your personal opinion?

Thank you for asking. The Great Warning is spoken of in Scripture but
mainly revealed through the prophetic, from saints of old and current
prophecy, quite a bit in the last fifty years.

Read Revelation 6:12 -17

1Corinthians 3:13 describes the Great Warning experience

and

Ezekiel 36:31-32 the same but is gravely described, I think for those
who mock God, commit grave sins.

jmdewey,

God doesn't give an exact time but the Great Warning could happen in
2012. The Garabandal seers, and it's been fifty years since they received messages about the Great Warning reveal the Great Warning will happen when things in the world are at their worst...and Conchita was told by Our Lord's mother...the "Great Warning will happen when Communism comes again." Conchita didn't understand but history that has happened since, we understand.

Here is a description of the Great Warning and first, a message from Our Lord about the Great Warning to St. Faustina in the early 1930s.
_ _ _

Text Before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.

Message given to St. Faustina Diary of Divine Mercy, n. 83

The Warning ~

We are living in frightful and exciting times. Never before in all of human history has evil and corruption reached to such heights as it has in our current generation. From abortion, cloning, genetic manipulation, and the complete disregard to life itself, to an apparent orchestrated implosion of virtually all of the world's economies in an effort to consolidate all things into a single global technocratic dictatorship. The global elite are literally on the threshold of raising their iron fists to the heavens declaring themselves to be the rulers of the universe with the rest of mankind as their slaves.

But Heaven is not remaining idle. God is warning us to prepare... not for the end of the world, but for the end of an era. Through His Son Jesus and His Blessed Mother, He is preparing his wayward children for his ultimate act of divine intervention. He is preparing us for His final warning, an Illumination of Conscience. All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be a great darkness over the whole earth. The sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and all of mankind will see their souls as God sees them. It will be as if a judgment in miniature.

After this Illumination of Conscience occurs, all of mankind will be searching for answers as to what had just happened. Our hope for this site is that it will be a beacon to as many wondering souls as possible, and a reference to others who God is calling to be prepared ahead of time.

The warning will occur in the midst of great turmoil. It will be as if the eye of a hurricane... a cone of silence in the midst of a global storm. And just as the eye of the hurricane quickly passes by before the storm continues, the time for us to reach out to as many lost souls as possible will be very short. The final test will commence, purification will be at hand, and the evil one will rise with all his hellish armies and his false messiah in a final attempt to destroy all that Jesus has accomplished.

Time is short, and many are those who will wait till it is too late. The greatest battle between Heaven and Hell is about to commence, with mankind hanging in the balance. Will you do all you can to prepare your soul and the souls of your loved ones? Or will you follow the rest of the world and wait till After the Warning?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Akragon,

To say you are "not Christian or Catholic" shows your limited understanding.

Lol... well arn't you amusing...

There are Catholic Christians and non-Catholic Christians.

What is your point... that has nothing to do with my understanding. Those are just labels...

Your personal "beliefs" maybe easy to proclaim but they aren't going to get you to Heaven.

I disagree...

God has revealed the way to get to Heaven through the Church He established, the Roman Catholic Church

Yet again i disagree...

Our Lord made Peter the head of His Church -Matt 16:18- here on earth. The fullness of God's Truth passed down since then hasn't changed. God doesn't change.

Which God?

There seems to be a few of them within the bible... Im guessing you believe the bible is "infallible" as well...

theres a thread on that in these forums... And the "infallibility" side is losing badly...

To protest and say, yes but the RCC became corrupted. Not true, this would make Jesus who is God a liar.

I said nothing about the RCC... You best check yourself.

Though i did say Jesus is not God... thats quite obvious.

And claiming he is God is calling Jesus a liar... And his father who sent him.

Our Lord said after making Peter head of His Church, He said the gates of Hell will not prevail against My Church. Satan has tried but will not destroy the Church, we have Our Lord's promise.

Satan?

The guy with the pitch fork?

Sorry i don't know the guy, nor do i believe in such fairy tales...

Read a Catholic Bible and the footnotes. www.drbo.org...
Read the Catechism, it is on the Net too.

No thank you...

And you didn't answer my question.... When did i mock Christ?

Saying you're not Christian over and over again mocks Christ.

I am not going to reply to your torn up one lines ever again. You did once more after I explained, how childish.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Hahaha... that is fine with me my friend.

I will say it again and again, I AM NOT CHRISTIAN...

I am also not Buddhist... does that mean im mocking Buddha?

I follow no man living or dead... though Jesus walks with me every day of my life.

I don't need to label my beliefs... And i don't agree with what most Christians say... Most do not know Jesus or what he taught...

Saying im not Christian doesn't mock anyone.... Jesus was not Christian...

And calling him God is calling him a liar... deal with it.

You feel free to judge me all you like...

How Christian of you.. So let me remind you that YOU have been the one calling me names. I've only been asking questions.

I find it interesting that people tend to run from a debate when they have no way to explain their beliefs... usually resorting to character assasination and lies such as this.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

That doesn't answer my question.
There may be some people who happen to be Catholic who think the world is coming to an end.
What I want to know is when did it become official church doctrine about the soon to come anti-christ and the end of the world?
From my times at Mas, I remember the priest saying, "World without end".
When did they stop saying that?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have a question, why is your thread titled,
"Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person."
when what you have been posting is just that, doctrine and dogma?

doctrine and dogma, the explication and officially acceptable version of a religious teaching. The development of doctrines and dogmas has significantly affected the traditions, institutions, and practices of the religions of the world. Doctrines and dogmas also have influenced and been influenced by the ongoing development of secular history, science, and philosophy.
source

Frequency of repetition is a clue. Has the teaching consistently be taught through the pages, in different formats or proclamations?
Yes, it has. Again and again, over and over.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

HOLY Crap!!

I didn't even realize this was his thread!!

Er perhaps i just forgot considering how much Doctine and dogma has been comming from him.

I believe im starting to understand more and more about our friend here.

He doesn't seem to practice what he preaches.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I have a question, why is your thread titled,
"Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person."
when what you have been posting is just that, doctrine and dogma?

doctrine and dogma, the explication and officially acceptable version of a religious teaching. The development of doctrines and dogmas has significantly affected the traditions, institutions, and practices of the religions of the world. Doctrines and dogmas also have influenced and been influenced by the ongoing development of secular history, science, and philosophy.
source

Frequency of repetition is a clue. Has the teaching consistently be taught through the pages, in different formats or proclamations?
Yes, it has. Again and again, over and over.

If you watch the Youtube in the OP, you will understand the thread title.

It's not long, meaning it's best to view all of it. Father Barron is marvelous.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on
the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.
Since when has this been a Catholic doctrine, or is this your personal opinion?

You pasted my quote, I gave you an explanation as to what I meant,
a long explanation. Now you say you meant something else?

Which is it? The Great Warning happens before the appearance of the
anti-Christ. I will check for the Church Father's, their words about the
coming anti-Christ. Your posting my quote, I believed you were asking
about Great Warning.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I asked about this great warning by the way...

And it seems i don't have an issue with the video you posted... he speaks about love. So you wanted me to post something within Catholic beliefs i do approve of...

IF what he said about Love is a catholic belief then i fully approve...

Though by your own words, you do not show that within your posts and thus your belief does not reflect what you preach... Calling people childish is hardly showing love... And ignoring me will just make me question more.

Wheres the love Your video speaks of?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

And it seems i don't have an issue with the video you posted... he speaks about love. So you wanted me to post something within Catholic beliefs i do approve of...

Though by your own words, you do not show that within your posts and thus your belief does not reflect what you preach... Calling people childish is hardly showing love... And ignoring me will just make me question more.

Go read your posts, they make fun of Christianity, especially the true
faith. Don't turn it to the personal. I did reply to your questions and you
return with more disbelief and mocks.

It's fun and games to you. Your little characters posted. We are in
serious times.

And after I asked, please don't separate a person's post, you did the
very same in your next reply. That's childish and offensive.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You said you are not Christian, you decide. Jesus Christ is all about
love. You show no love.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Akragon,

Do not come to this thread to deny Christianity and say love is what's important. That's what the whole thread is about.

You can't be a good person without the Christian God. You respect
Father Barron, listen to what he is saying.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
Roman Catholicism is a cult. As evidenced by all the posts by the OP. The OP is a puppet..only able to copy & paste and pass on the formal Catholic indoctrination. He rarely ever contributes anything to threads or this site of his own.

People cannot be loving without God? Get your head out of the sand Colbe. Look around. It is not a requirement to profess a belief in God to work in emergency services. If you are ever the victim of a fire, a national disaster, or something as simple as a heart attack are you gonna ask the responders if they are Catholic before allowing them to help you?

People that work in emergency services do it because they love their fellow man (whether or not they profess a faith).

I am grateful that in my life I actually had the good fortune to know atheists so that none of this Catholic doctrine that teaches falsehoods could penetrate. We were lucky enough that the family of my brother's best friend was atheist, his father was a police officer, and they were real Colbe...real good people with kind and loving hearts. Totally unlike your own. I've known atheists since then and consider myself fortunate.

And unfortunately I've known people like you as well

Why did you reply on this thread? You must of went searching for my threads, I wish is it were for Jesus. Once again, gotta make it personal in your first sentence. You give yourself away. Fallen away Catholics are most bitter. If you knew the faith, you would not of left it. My head isn't in the sand. You have posted constant insults here and in the Pagan thread because you are angry. I am sorry, we disagree, there is one
true faith. Talking in the third person, insulting someone while addressing
another person on the forum is sad.

Look at the people throughout history LunaK who have given up their lives, been martyred for the faith. They would die for a falsehood? Atheism is a lie. Where is the hope and love in Atheism? If you deny the source of all love, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, you are left with nothing.

We need the help of God to be loving. Humanity needs His grace. One needs doctrine and dogma, this is how we know of God.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

Go read your posts, they make fun of Christianity, especially the true
faith. Don't turn it to the personal. I did reply to your questions and you
return with more disbelief and mocks.

It's fun and games to you. Your little characters posted. We are in
serious times.

And after I asked, please don't separate a person's post, you did the
very same in your next reply. That's childish and offensive.

I do not have to read my posts i know what i said... Im not making fun of your beliefs or anyone elses... I am questioning them and showing you scripture for why i question...

Perhaps you don't know what mocking is?

When i say im not Christian im not mocking anything... What about that don't you understand?

I am not a part of any religion... does that mean im mocking all religions? Of course it doesn't!!

I return your replies with more questions... the "disbelief" in your dogma comes from the inaccuracies within it according to who you apparently worship...

Im sorry if my pointing out flaws in your religion offends you... i only seek understand of others beliefs...

You said you are not Christian, you decide. Jesus Christ is all about
love. You show no love.

Clearly you've never read any of my postings in other threads... You'll notice i only quote Jesus from the bible... Trust me i know exactly what he is about...

I don't even understand how you can say "you show no love"... to someone you do not know. Basically you're saying You MUST be christian to show love?

Seriously? IF that is what you believe, this will be the first time i have mocked you.... i would laugh at anyone who believes such things.

Love is the ONLY thing i preach... And proof is all over this forum. I do not preach the bible, though i will quote it. I DO preach Love... Everyday.

as i've said before you are free to judge me as you see fit...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Roman Catholicism is a cult. As evidenced by all the posts by the OP. The OP is a puppet..only able to copy & paste and pass on the formal Catholic indoctrination. He rarely ever contributes anything to threads or this site of his own.

People cannot be loving without God? Get your head out of the sand Colbe. Look around. It is not a requirement to profess a belief in God to work in emergency services. If you are ever the victim of a fire, a national disaster, or something as simple as a heart attack are you gonna ask the responders if they are Catholic before allowing them to help you?

People that work in emergency services do it because they love their fellow man (whether or not they profess a faith).

I am grateful that in my life I actually had the good fortune to know atheists so that none of this Catholic doctrine that teaches falsehoods could penetrate. We were lucky enough that the family of my brother's best friend was atheist, his father was a police officer, and they were real Colbe...real good people with kind and loving hearts. Totally unlike your own. I've known atheists since then and consider myself fortunate.

Why did you reply on this thread? You must of went searching for my threads, I wish is it were for Jesus. Once again, gotta make it personal in your first sentence. You give yourself away. Fallen away Catholics are most bitter. If you knew the faith, you would not of left it. My head isn't in the sand. You have posted constant insults here and in the Pagan thread because you are angry. I am sorry, we disagree, there is one

Look at the people throughout history LunaK who have given up their lives, been martyred for the faith. They would die for a falsehood? Atheism is a lie. Where is the hope and love in Atheism? If you deny the source of all love, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, you are left with nothing.

We need the help of God to be loving. Humanity needs His grace. One needs doctrine and dogma, this is how we know of God.

I came in this part of ATS..saw you had several forum threads going and decided to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Colbe other than preach here what exactly do you do with all this love you supposedly got from your faith??

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Atoning for our sins, venial and mortal, if not done here during our lifetime,
by our acts of love, our sufferings and prayers, we do over the veil in Purgatory.

Paul speaks of Purgatory. A place of "purgation." The word Purgatory
isn't in Scripture but it is described, like the word Trinity or incarnation.

www.scripturecatholic.com...

I believe that Mark 9:49, Hebrews 9:49 and 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 explain what you are talking about.

Mark 9:49
49 Everyone will be salted with fire.

Hebrews 12:6
Because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

1 Corinthians 3:10-15
10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

You see that we all will be tested with fire, disciplined by the lord. The foundation is the bible. You build yourself through faith and build others through works. If your foundation is strong, understanding of the bible, than your faith and your works will reflect this strong foundation. If your foundation, faith or works are weak they will be burned up during your trials in this world. Having this strong foundation and guidance of the Holy Spirit will allow you to stand up against the trials of this world, Gods fire and discipline.

So you see you will suffer loss if your foundation and faith are week because you will succumb to the pressures of this world. But you will still be saved by what foundation and faith that you did have.

Mathew 13:3-9 The parable of the sower
3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Mathew 13:18-23 Parable of the sower explained
18 Therefore, hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful, 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

I believe this is the way Jesus explained it

sac,

Hi, the Church gave you your Bible. The Church not the Bible is the
Christian foundation. 1Timothy 3:15 says the pillar and foundation of Truth is the Church.

blessings,

colbe

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I came in this part of ATS..saw you had several forum threads going and decided to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Colbe other than preach here what exactly do you do with all this love you supposedly got from your faith??

You "came in this part of ATS"...

Interesting, all my threads are about Christianity, the fullness of Christianity, the faith, Roman Catholicism and Catholic prophecy.

Should I list your insults, no love from the Pagans. I posted on the
Pagan thread, you were not the OP and you didn't like what I said. And since then, keep on with the insults, coming now to my thread.

God is drawing you home. I pray so....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You haven't answered my question. In fact you have never answered my questions and I've only ever asked you two or three.

What besides preach do you do with all the love you supposedly get from your faith Colbe? Answer.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
bah, christian catholic or not you all have sinned, the difference is that the believers have a place to dump their sins and be clean once a week, lmfao

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join