It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

I don't think you're a non-Catholic Christian Akragon, you're here to protest Christ.

Incorrect...

I defend the words of Christ... usually against Catholic/Christian/Paulian alike...

You might find that jews tend to adhear to their traditions... Jesus told us "call no man on earth your father"... Likely not something jews of that time would listen to... plus Abraham isn't on earth at that time technically...Nor were the "fathers" Jesus was refering to...

See if you can find any non jewish people in those passages? Now im not saying i have anything against jews or any particular religous sect... im just defining scripture. None of those passages are refering to living people as "father"

Jesus was also born into judaism, yet he didn't teach the same thing as the jews did. In many cases you'll find Jews trying to stone Jesus as well.

As for the scriptures from paul... He can be found to be a liar within scripture, so anything he wrote is not to be trusted... imho

And btw you're correct... Im not a Christian or a Catholic... or any other relgious title you chose to bestow on men.

I do not label my beliefs... I am who i am... Nothing more

edit on 27-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

You asked for the Scripture verse and now you ignore them. Because
they don't agree with your opinion. By whose authority do you speak?

Not Christ. Everyone sees by those verses how often Jesus uses the term "father" and so His mother and the Apostles.

Let it rest finally, it's foolish, the call no man father protest. Holy men, men of authority chosen by God were/are reverently called Father.

You are not serious, your comments are childish and mocking.

I am my own authority,,, Though i used Christ's words

I am not ignoring anything he said... though you seem to be.

And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

As i've said, all of those instances the ones they called father are not ON EARTH...

im sorry if you can't see the flaws in your religion... my comments arn't childish or mocking.... though again yours do seem to be.

And you call your Own "lord's" words foolish as well...

Its unfortunate you can't see the truth.... but so be it

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by IAMIAM

Who do you think you are?

I don't.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Taught by the Spirit

1 John 2:26-27
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

1 Corinthians 2:10
"But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."

John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, HE WILL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you."

JOHN 16:13
"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH ..."

2 Cor. 13:14,
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

You see my brother I understand your passion for the church and I commend you for this. My passion is for no church only the message from our loving father and his son, our only high priest, our only king, the only one by which we are forgiven and saved.

If the word of God promises me that the Holy Spirit will teach me all things then the Holy Spirit will do what is promised. No church is the Holy Spirit, nor can any church teach me what the Holy Spirit can teach me. Nor can I, whom is lead and taught by the Holy Spirit, teach you all things. I can only guide you down the path to the Holy Spirit. I can only teach you the things that I have been taught by the Holy Spirit.

Just as you believe that the Catholic Church is the only authority capable of interpreting the Bible I believe that God, the Holy Spirit is the only one capable of interpreting the bible. You have put your trust in men I have put my trust in God alone. How does your church explain the verses above?

You say that nothing that the church says contradicts the bible. But saying the Catholic Church is the only authority capable of interpreting scripture is clearly in Contradiction to the message above.

There is only one authority God and he makes his home in me, just as he promised. The Holy Spirit lives in me. So you see the only High Priest, only teacher, and only King chooses to live in me, and give me the gift of interpretation.

I am a sinner just like everyone else. I simply had faith in God above all other authority on earth. I do not believe that I am special and I don’t know why God has chosen me. I am the least of all my brothers, so I remain humbled by God for he has saved me when I was still a sinner. All Glory to god the only true Father.

edit on 27-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
I do not believe that I am special and I don’t know why God has chosen me. I am the least of all my brothers, so I remain humbled by God for he has saved me when I was still a sinner. All Glory to god the only true Father.

Your grace and eloguence reveals the special features bestowed upon you by the creator. Humble, meek, and mild, your words penetrate deep into hard stone. Ah, but even the hardest of stones is fashioned by HIS hands that your seeds might not take root.

Otherwise the world would be a bleak landscape of daisies.

Not the diverse abundance of flora, fauna, mineral, and beast.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ah you get it. And because you get what I am saying I will explain in as simple terms as possible.

The message of Christ, the one that no church teaches but that Christ constantly refers to. Doing the will of the father.

The law was and is perfect but man simply by his own power is incapable of observing the law. All men have sinned all fall short. Because of this following the law becomes a burden to man that enslaves them.

Since you believe in the law I assume you also feel guilt and repentance for the sins you have committed in your life. This guilt and process of repentance is what enslaves you. You cannot become fully free by doing it that way.

There is another way. Stop thinking about the law and focus only on Christ. In everything that he did he said he was doing the will of his father. You see by doing the will of his father every second of his life he overcame sin. He never had to think about the law because he only thought about the will of his father.

You see by following the law you are burdened by fear of breaking the law. By following the will of God you will not be burned because what you are doing is out of love. So you are no longer afraid of your father but you follow him because you love him.

Fear is incapable of bringing you closer to God but love can bring God into your heart. This love is the Holy Spirit. So instead of keeping God away from you in fear you accept his Spirit to live in you.

So you see in no way is the law done away with, but has been made perfect through Christ. Christ taught us how to obey the law without it being a burden to us. I am free from the law because I only want to do the will of my father. Not because I have to but because I love him enough to follow him. I am following Christ by doing the will of the father just as he did. Now I can know for certain that I follow Christ because I let the Holy Spirit guide me in everything that I do.

If I can become a perfect follower of the Holy Spirit than I will do perfectly the will of my father. If I do perfectly the will of my father, in all things I will choose love and be filled with Joy. This is what Christ is calling you to do. To stop living by the fear that the law teaches and start living by the love that is Christ Jesus.

1 John 2:16-17 ESV
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Hebrews 13:20-21 ESV
Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

John 6:38-40 ESV
For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Romans 12:2 ESV
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Ephesians 5:15-17 ESV
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Matthew 7:21-23 ESV
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 6:10 ESV
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

I pray my brother that you are not like them.

Mathew 13:14-15
14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Can you hear my brother; can you see the path?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Back in the late eighties there was a popular catch-phrase with Christians, "Let go, and let God".
Your philosophy reminds me of that, with no real grounding in scripture but makes you kind of feel good up until the first problem comes along that you have to deal with.
Law does not have to be the same as The Law, as in what existed in Judaism back then, but it is a fundamental law of behavior that takes into consideration other people than yourself. The works of The Law can not save you but following the fundamental law can. Otherwise, what was Jesus talking about?
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". Now do you say, "oh, no! that looks like a law to me."?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Back in the late eighties there was a popular catch-phrase with Christians, "Let go, and let God".
Your philosophy reminds me of that, with no real grounding in scripture but makes you kind of feel good up until the first problem comes along that you have to deal with.
Law does not have to be the same as The Law, as in what existed in Judaism back then, but it is a fundamental law of behavior that takes into consideration other people than yourself. The works of The Law can not save you but following the fundamental law can. Otherwise, what was Jesus talking about?
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;". Now do you say, "oh, no! that looks like a law to me."?

This is not my philosophy as I am not smart enough to come up with a philosophy. Jesus came to do the will of his father. Jesus is the way we are all to follow. We are to do the will of our father. You see if I do the will of my father and I know that everything that happens to me is the will of my father I can stand against anything.

When your enemies come against you how are you going to stand up. If all you have is the law you will fall.

But you see since I choose only the will of my father when my enemies comes to me I know it is the will of my father that brought them to me. Since I believe 100% that only the will of my father will be done then I will be able to stand up firm for my faith. For if my father wants me to suffer crucifixion than I will suffer. If my father wants to take me down from the cross he will. No one can do anything to me that is not the will of my father.

You have chosen to live by the law a right that my father grants to you. I have chosen to live to do the will of my father a right also granted to you. You see you have free will. You have the will to accept God’s will for your life or to live by the law.

Since I know it is God’s will to love my enemy, I love my enemy. Since I know that God wants me to pray for those that persecute my faith and question my beliefs I pray for them.

What you see as a law I see as the will of my father. You can choose whatever path you would like. But my foundation is Christ and he did the will of his father, so I too must do the will of my father.

The Holy Spirit is not here to guide you to follow the law; the Holy Spirit is here to teach you the will of your father and guide you down the path of Christ Jesus. For if you follow the Holy Spirit down this path you will follow the law perfectly.

I pray for you that you may choose the path of God's will.

Mathew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

The path of Christ, to do god's will, is easy and the burden is light. The path of man, the law, is heavy and the burden is impossible.

I have found my rest that Christ promised, I pray that someday you find it too.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

My brother you are searching far and wide for the truth. I can see by all that you post that you pick through the bible and throw out anything that does not agree with what is in your mind. You refuse anything that does not agree with what you say. But again you are still searching and because I can see that you are searching I know that you have not found rest.

Try to grasp what I am saying about doing God’s will. It is not in conflict with anything that you believe. For the law cannot be in conflict with God’s will. God is not a liar and his law is perfect. You see my brother I agree with you about the glory of God’s law. So why do you simply refuse what I say.

I say I am no longer searching for God but that I have found God. Or more accurately said God has revealed himself to me. I say that I am at rest but you refuse to accept that I speak the truth.

Have faith to reconcile with what I am saying. I am not asking for you to give up any of your laws or even the foundation of your belief. I have only asked you to see a better way to achieve what you desire.

Why are you afraid to let go of yourself, don’t’ you think god knows what is best for you? Set your site on Christ and let the Spirit Guide you. Let your father live through you, this is what he wants. If you can choose this path you will find the rest that somehow you know must be real.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So why do you simply refuse what I say.

If I was, you would know it because I can get pretty hostile.
You seem funny to me saying how the law or whatever is a burden but you burden yourself with what someone wrote in a book.
I don't discard things from the Bible based on what I like or don't like.
There is some pretty good research behind it from academics.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

So why do you simply refuse what I say.

If I was, you would know it because I can get pretty hostile.
You seem funny to me saying how the law or whatever is a burden but you burden yourself with what someone wrote in a book.
I don't discard things from the Bible based on what I like or don't like.
There is some pretty good research behind it from academics.

I have provided you enough to understand what I am saying. The fact that you refuse it only saddens me and causes me to pray for you.

You say that I am burdened with the words in a book. I am most certainly not burdened as I have said many times I have found rest.

The fact that hostility remains in you it is clear that you have not found this rest.

For if the law was able to cause you to love your enemies and bless those that curse you than you would be free from hostility.

But since the law is not able to do this your hostility remains.

The path of Christ the one that I showed you in my posts is the only way to eliminate your hostility.

The choice remains yours but there is nothing more that I can say.

My love and prayers are for you.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by LunaKat

Dear LunaKat,

Hello, again. Mind if I jump in once more?

I agree with your main point. People can be loving without God. It happens. At least, it does if I understand the meaning of your words. Kindness can come from anyone. But it seems there is misunderstanding between you and colbe over the meaning of the words. Just the word "loving" has so many meanings that one despairs of listing them.

It seems, and I could easily be wrong, that colbe believes strongly in her faith and wants everyone to know about it and her reasons for believing it. That's hard for me to condemn, no matter what religion the person espouses. I can accept hearing about it and then rejecting or accepting it as my spirit and reason tell me.

I also agree with you that loving is an essential goal or standard of our lives. May I ask you to reconsider some of the things you said about colbe in your post? You may very well disagree, but did you disagree in love? May I also suggest that attacking someone's religion pretty much dampens any hope for communication?

With respect,
Charles1952

Hi Charles, its hard for me love a spammer ok? If I knew who Colbe's ISP was, I would report Colbe for spamming to his ISP...thats how serious about this I am.

There is no misunderstanding over the word love.

You do not know what has been going on. Colbe keeps trying to openly convert me and other people. I have told Colbe no so many times I have lost count. Colbe keeps pushing at it. Does not take no for an answer. That is neither respectful nor loving. Colbe may claim to have a God..but Colbe is not a loving person.

Colbe also keeps asking on that other forum what my sexuality is because I believe God is female. What business in the world is it of Colbe's to know that? Colbe is beyond rude. Far beyond rude.

As far as reconsider things between me and Colbe, sorry that ship has sailed.

Oh my gosh,

Searching out all my threads! I don't respond to you any longer in the
Jesus...Pagan thread. Quit speaking to others about me in the third
person in my threads! I don't care if you remain pagan. It's your free
will choice.

Enough, would yah....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I don't think you're a non-Catholic Christian Akragon, you're here to protest Christ.

Incorrect...

I defend the words of Christ... usually against Catholic/Christian/Paulian alike...

You might find that jews tend to adhear to their traditions... Jesus told us "call no man on earth your father"... Likely not something jews of that time would listen to... plus Abraham isn't on earth at that time technically...Nor were the "fathers" Jesus was refering to...

See if you can find any non jewish people in those passages? Now im not saying i have anything against jews or any particular religous sect... im just defining scripture. None of those passages are refering to living people as "father"

Jesus was also born into judaism, yet he didn't teach the same thing as the jews did. In many cases you'll find Jews trying to stone Jesus as well.

As for the scriptures from paul... He can be found to be a liar within scripture, so anything he wrote is not to be trusted... imho

And btw you're correct... Im not a Christian or a Catholic... or any other relgious title you chose to bestow on men.

I do not label my beliefs... I am who i am... Nothing more

edit on 27-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

You asked for the Scripture verse and now you ignore them. Because
they don't agree with your opinion. By whose authority do you speak?

Not Christ. Everyone sees by those verses how often Jesus uses the term "father" and so His mother and the Apostles.

Let it rest finally, it's foolish, the call no man father protest. Holy men, men of authority chosen by God were/are reverently called Father.

You are not serious, your comments are childish and mocking.

I am my own authority,,, Though i used Christ's words

I am not ignoring anything he said... though you seem to be.

And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.

As i've said, all of those instances the ones they called father are not ON EARTH...

im sorry if you can't see the flaws in your religion... my comments arn't childish or mocking.... though again yours do seem to be.

And you call your Own "lord's" words foolish as well...

Its unfortunate you can't see the truth.... but so be it

But it's your "Truth", you just said it. "I am my own authority." Personal opinion means nothing, it's what God has revealed through His Church.

You have mocked Christ, go back and read your comments. Anti-Catholics, anti-Christians cannot defend their beliefs, they always turn it to the personal attack.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I meant to post my comment under your quote Akragon.

But it's your "Truth", you just said it. "I am my own authority." Personal opinion means nothing, it's what God has revealed through His Church.

You have mocked Christ, go back and read your comments. Anti-Catholics, anti-Christians cannot defend their beliefs, they always turn it to the personal attack.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Taught by the Spirit

1 John 2:26-27
26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

1 Corinthians 2:10
"But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."

John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, HE WILL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring to your remembrance all things that I have said to you."

JOHN 16:13
"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH ..."

2 Cor. 13:14,
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

You see my brother I understand your passion for the church and I commend you for this. My passion is for no church only the message from our loving father and his son, our only high priest, our only king, the only one by which we are forgiven and saved.

If the word of God promises me that the Holy Spirit will teach me all things then the Holy Spirit will do what is promised. No church is the Holy Spirit, nor can any church teach me what the Holy Spirit can teach me. Nor can I, whom is lead and taught by the Holy Spirit, teach you all things. I can only guide you down the path to the Holy Spirit. I can only teach you the things that I have been taught by the Holy Spirit.

Just as you believe that the Catholic Church is the only authority capable of interpreting the Bible I believe that God, the Holy Spirit is the only one capable of interpreting the bible. You have put your trust in men I have put my trust in God alone. How does your church explain the verses above?

You say that nothing that the church says contradicts the bible. But saying the Catholic Church is the only authority capable of interpreting scripture is clearly in Contradiction to the message above.

There is only one authority God and he makes his home in me, just as he promised. The Holy Spirit lives in me. So you see the only High Priest, only teacher, and only King chooses to live in me, and give me the gift of interpretation.

I am a sinner just like everyone else. I simply had faith in God above all other authority on earth. I do not believe that I am special and I don’t know why God has chosen me. I am the least of all my brothers, so I remain humbled by God for he has saved me when I was still a sinner. All Glory to god the only true Father.

I am a sinner too sacgamer, we all are. Everything the world knows of Christ comes from the Church He established, the RCC. The Bible is a Catholic book. The Church got the Canon right but everything else wrong? No!

The Holy Eucharist is true.

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on
the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.

It can't be any other way? Our Lord isn't returning to say your justification
comes form believing whatever you decide....

Important, important, why is the anti-Christ going to abolish the Holy
Eucharist? Think what this means? It is prophesied in Scripture and
in current prophecy. The "continual sacrifice" the Holy Sacrifice of the
Mass and the "abomination of desolation" written together always
will be changed, the A.O.D., the Eucharist will be abolished.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So you see here is what you are missing. And what the church is missing. The will of the father, not the will of the church, will be done and man has very little to do with this. If it is God's will for the Eucharist to go away then it will go away. If it is not his will than it will not go away.

I provided you with enough versus to see that what I say is true. By using only scripture I proved to you that it was the Holy Spirit that is the teacher of everything, not the church. You have only provided me scripture that points to a church, and you have provided interpretation that point to your church.

Now you see I am not claiming that any denominations, including Catholics are the right or wrong church. As a matter of fact I am claiming that anyone who believes that Jesus is the son of God belongs to my church. You see anything that you say that attempts to cause division amongst fellow believers is not from God. We are all part of one body and each of us has a function.

So no interpretation is better than any other. The only thing that is important, the message that Christ taught is to do the will of your father, God's forgiveness of sins, and repentance, all of the rest of the stuff that the church teaches is of little importance.

Don’t you see that there is nothing any of us can do to be worthy of Heaven, it was a gift. So eating this or that, doing this or that, observing this day or that day as special, all of these are worthless things that will pass away, just as my brother Paul said.

The only thing that will never pass away is the will of your father. So choose to do the will of your father, God, and you will be choosing the path of Christ. So instead of telling me what I must do to go to heaven accept that we are all part of one body and that what I am here to do may indeed be different than what you are here to do.

The only way for you to know if you are doing the will of your father is to ask, and be willing to let the Holy Spirit Guide you. I know the Holy Spirit guides me so I know that I do the will of my father.

If we can do this than we can love each other. So you see we both believe in Christ so we are brothers.

With love from your brother in Christ Jesus.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I meant to post my comment under your quote Akragon.

Please show me how i have mocked Christ... and when did i attack anyone?

I only attack when provoked by an attack, and i don't recall either...

I can easily defend my beliefs, and they are not Christian or Catholic...

So please enlighten me so i can clairify...

And by the way, No church on this planet is Gods church.... you have been fooled

edit on 28-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on
the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.
Since when has this been a Catholic doctrine, or is this your personal opinion?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

So you see here is what you are missing. And what the church is missing. The will of the father, not the will of the church, will be done and man has very little to do with this. If it is God's will for the Eucharist to go away then it will go away. If it is not his will than it will not go away.

I provided you with enough versus to see that what I say is true. By using only scripture I proved to you that it was the Holy Spirit that is the teacher of everything, not the church. You have only provided me scripture that points to a church, and you have provided interpretation that point to your church.

Now you see I am not claiming that any denominations, including Catholics are the right or wrong church. As a matter of fact I am claiming that anyone who believes that Jesus is the son of God belongs to my church. You see anything that you say that attempts to cause division amongst fellow believers is not from God. We are all part of one body and each of us has a function.

So no interpretation is better than any other. The only thing that is important, the message that Christ taught is to do the will of your father, God's forgiveness of sins, and repentance, all of the rest of the stuff that the church teaches is of little importance.

Don’t you see that there is nothing any of us can do to be worthy of Heaven, it was a gift. So eating this or that, doing this or that, observing this day or that day as special, all of these are worthless things that will pass away, just as my brother Paul said.

The only thing that will never pass away is the will of your father. So choose to do the will of your father, God, and you will be choosing the path of Christ. So instead of telling me what I must do to go to heaven accept that we are all part of one body and that what I am here to do may indeed be different than what you are here to do.

The only way for you to know if you are doing the will of your father is to ask, and be willing to let the Holy Spirit Guide you. I know the Holy Spirit guides me so I know that I do the will of my father.

If we can do this than we can love each other. So you see we both believe in Christ so we are brothers.

With love from your brother in Christ Jesus.

Hi sac,

Don't you see brother, Jesus said "this is My body." The first Christians,
read their quotes, believed in the Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is the
will of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Why else is the ANTI-CHRIST going to abolish it? God the Father knows
everything that is to happen. Thank Heavens, it will only be for a time,
the Eucharist is the pinnacle of the faith. The Millennium, the Era of Peace
after the 6th Day. The new time will be the Eucharistic reign of Our Lord
Jesus Christ. Everyone will believe in the Eucharist.

By God's given authority, the Church assembled the Bible. It figures,
yes, God gave the Church the gift to interpret Scripture. "Private interpretation of Scripture" is heresy. Personal opinion leads to error.
Look at the crazy division in Protestantism. Everyone and their private
interpretation of Scripture. They can only agree, the Bible is their authority and the Catholic Church who gave them their Bible is wrong.
All the rest is personal opinion.

You gotta look to the Catholic view, change now, the Remnant is
Roman Catholic. God wants your "yes"...there is one faith so one Church.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Attack" is probably too strong a word. You question or disgree with
Catholicism Akragon. Your separated replies here sound Protestant.

The Protest of calling a priest Father is Protestant, you post it again.

Share something Catholic you approve of, I wish it would be the most
Holy Eucharist. This is Christ Himself, oh the grace received!

Oh yeah, you protest "grace", I think cause you don't understand what
it is...

I so appreciate your question, asking what is the "Warning." It is an important question.

p.s. No one likes their post separated, each sentence and then responded to, it takes what the person said out of context and makes
it doubly hard to reply to...

I suggest keeping a post whole and underlining what you wish to discuss.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Please show me how i have mocked Christ... and when did i attack anyone?

I only attack when provoked by an attack, and i don't recall either...
I can easily defend my beliefs, and they are not Christian or Catholic...

So please enlighten me so i can clairify...
And by the way, No church on this planet is Gods church.... you have been fooled

edit on 28-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Akragon,

To say you are "not Christian or Catholic" shows your limited understanding.

There are Catholic Christians and non-Catholic Christians.
Your personal "beliefs" maybe easy to proclaim but they aren't going to get you to Heaven. God has revealed the way to get to Heaven through the Church He established, the Roman Catholic Church.

Our Lord made Peter the head of His Church -Matt 16:18- here on earth. The fullness of God's Truth passed down since then hasn't changed. God doesn't change. To protest and say, yes but the RCC became corrupted. Not true, this would make Jesus who is God a liar. Our Lord said after making Peter head of His Church, He said the gates of Hell will not prevail against My Church. Satan has tried but will not destroy the Church, we have Our Lord's promise.

Read a Catholic Bible and the footnotes. www.drbo.org...
Read the Catechism, it is on the Net too. Catholic apologetics might
be a better start to search. The Catechism can be difficult for beginners.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join