It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland 'finds Patriot missiles' on China-bound ship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Finnish authorities have impounded an Isle of Man-flagged ship bound for China with undeclared missiles and explosives, officials say.

Well, well, well, what do we have here then? Naughty naughty?
Fireworks they say! Man, you could have a real party with these bad boys!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i know i am definitely in the wrong business...do you know how much they fetch, i mean
and 69 of those birds were found on board...wtf....

Okay members of ats, im going hunting in the open waters but not as the show was called the " big catch " or something like that with king crab, but im going out to catch myself an aircraft carrier...btw anyone know were the 7th fleet is parked these days ?

69 Missiles...sheez...crazy man..seriously crazy stuff that goes on in the world and here we are worried about the occupy movement and syria and iran ...looooool

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well this is interesting............

If they caught this one, imagine how much is being pushed through thats NOT

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Well this is interesting............

If they caught this one, imagine how much is being pushed through thats NOT

that is whats freaky about it, i mean ive been right up close to em, and was at a firing range for the s300 aa system and both of these require man and machine power to move them. It simply cannot be done by a group of men and under the cover of darkness. In my opinion, someone forgot to pay the bills and they were simply pulled of the ship in a so called operation.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Mmmmm... Patriot missiles they say?
Only one place those can come from, and I'm sure a shipment like that does NOT leave for anywhere without government approval. As already stated, I wonder what the final destination was and where the paper trail will lead back to?

I foresee a reporting embargo coming very quickly on this one though. Kinda makes the DEA's shenanigans look a little amateurish though.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Kinda like those two japanese guys that were caught with like 1 billion in American bonds in suitcases.....

That story disappeared and we never found out who where or why, and it was right about the time when asia markets were dumping the dollar

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I just love this quote from the article:

Another company official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the ship had been detained in Finland and said the missiles could have been loaded on to the vessel by mistake, AFP adds.

Oh, ok... loaded by mistake! Well that's plausible and all okey dokey then... isn't it? Well maybe not if they were in containers which showed fireworks as the cargo.

I think those pesky Fins just stumbled on someones nasty little black arms smuggling operation. Like I said above though, this can only have come from official sources. I mean, smuggling a few crates of AK-47's is one thing, but Patriot missiles have surely gotta have official government clearance through to the end user, in which case there is no need to covertly smuggle them to their destination, unless they are to be used in some rather shady event, by someone you'd maybe prefer not to openly have them in the first place.

This really stinks... a lot!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah agreed how messy is this? makes you wonder who was shifting them and to hide hardware like that in boxes marked "fireworks" makes you wonder...

this story is going to dissapear as fast as them missles... no one will ever know... job done

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
china needs some new missles to go with there new stealth copter and new stealth drones

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Kinda like those two japanese guys that were caught with like 1 billion in American bonds in suitcases.....

That story disappeared and we never found out who where or why, and it was right about the time when asia markets were dumping the dollar

You are so correct, that fiasco fell off of the radar faster than any other major news story I can think of.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Talk about hiding in plain sight? It's true what you say, how many are getting (let) through? Talk about balls! What else could be shipped like this.........Nuclear material? Is it that easy?

I like the "oh, was that on my small ship?" approach to the whole deal!
I didn't know honest!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Please join the discussion on this subject already posted here.

Finland launches probe into China bound missiles

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"The MS Thor Liberty left port in Emden, northern Germany, on 13 December and docked two days later in Kotka, southern Finland, to pick up a cargo of anchor chains"

"It was bound for the Chinese port of Shanghai but there was no indication for whom the military cargo was destined."

"up to 160 tonnes of improperly packed nitroguanidine"

When used as a high explosive nitroguanidine detonates at a rate of 7650m/s at 1.55g/cm3 and its explosive power is relatively high, comparable to TNT

black ops smuggling operation to draw in potential Asian terrorists?

69 Missiles and some high explosive doesn't sound like a military's type of operation, although they would certainly be in on the plans for whatever it's planned for.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You just don't down to your local gun store a buy 69 patriot missiles.

This sale has to come straight from US stock and / or NATO

I wonder how does this news report make our pilots feel, that their own military is selling weapons like these to China.

I don’t know about the rest of you , but I see this as Treasonous betrayal of our Military from the highest ranks of our Government.

In no way what so ever could 69 Patriot Missiles be stolen, this is a transfer.

And, WHO has the ability to transfer weapons of this magnitude without oversight, NO ONE.

This was an approved sale

Kudos to the Fins for busting it before our pilots had to face our own technology with the approval of our own Government.

Can anyone say

Fast & Furious on steroids.

edit on 21-12-2011 by brokedown because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
"up to 160 tonnes of improperly packed nitroguanidine"

It was properly packed but we're bitches about that sort of thing and it wasn't in containers. We require that this kind of cargo is in containers. First time ever a ship is stopped and searched because of such regulation.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So we have a US Government Supplier Raytheon supplying our enemies with arms now!? Each one of these can and must be absolutely traced.

Congress needs an immediate investigation on this... wait a minute... I forgot, they are the same traitors who just passed the bill to throw Americans in jail for life without a U.S. trial if they are suspected of aiding terrorists. ....

WHAT WAS I THINKING....

bing....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Do you want to know what happened with those two Japanese guys that were caught with like 1 billion in American bonds in suitcases?
It wasn't 1 Billion, it was $134.5 Billion in Bonds.
It all seems to be part of the Neil Keenan case…

Keenan claims the conspiracy began with the illegal detention of two Japanese citizens, Akihiko Yamaguchi and Mitsuyoshi Watanabe, and the seizure of $134.5 billion in bonds they were holding in Italy, in June 2009.

Federal Lawsuit Claims Illuminati Groups Stole $1.1 Trillion

Enjoy!
edit on 21-12-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Added Ex-Text

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

reply to post by Britguy

You are so correct, that fiasco fell off of the radar faster than any other major news story I can think of.
Regards, Iwinder

It didn't, you just didn't keep up to date with it.

A simple Google search shows that there were follow up articles in the media at the time and even a statement from the US Treasury Department about the incident. I find it funny that people say "this was brushed under the carpet" when really it simply dropped off their radar. Look and ye shall find, don't look and you will find sod all.

As for these missiles, it certainly is interesting, but they were loaded in Germany and the ship was due to dock in S Korea before China, which could mean the missiles were destined for there as the SK do use them.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I can see a connection with South Korea / America, but why the secret squirrel "it's fireworks" tic-tacs? Something smells more fishy than the boat they were on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Thanks for the information lots of reading to do now.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join