It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim baby born after affair adopted out to stop ‘honour killing’ by grandfather

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Aeons
I am ENRAGED that this is the solution. How is this for cow-towing to some fracking barbaric bs.

Seems like it was to be expected once Britain adopted Sharia law...

And it may be coming to America soon too

Federal Appeals Court Considers Sharia Law - ABC News
abcnews.go.com...

This is the gap which they intend to kill you with. The one where they start with civil sharia, which sets precedent on a local level that can then work its way into common law. On the federal level, they are starting to consider using Islamic Law for federal precedent.

Eventually the two meet in the middle.

Unless, you start to rather unkindly tell them to jump off a bridge.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
How is this really any different then Christians throwing a pregnant daughter or gay child out of the house and their life?

Their is more ways of "killing" your own child - - then actual physical death.

OH. Accepting honour killings is JUST LIKE shunning.

You're right.

I currently have two options. I can hack a head off....or tell you to get out of my house.

I'm sure you'll understand, that hacking your head off is equivalent. Would you like to volunteer for one over the other?

It is - to me.

Being from the 50s and seeing the attitude and behavior of those condemning a young girl for getting pregnant.

Putting blame fully on the woman and forcing her to give up her child.

I see no difference.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I kind of suspect there are winterlands ahead of anyone who does anything like this. However, the one who has not physically attacked or harmed can be forgiven alot easier, than the one who will have to do this and go through everything that person did, over and over again, for we're really hard on ourselves when we wake up and remember who everyone is and how we killed our own spirit family who we loved.

The correct solution in any culture is TO PUT ANOTHER PLATE ON THE TABLE, and try to work out better options for your kids. And this never means controlling them like nazi's.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Thank you for clarifying how you make this okay.

I know *I* am proud of you. Right upstanding citizens, making excuses for it based on long dead cultures and people enjoying movies.

Huh? I don't think it's "okay". In fact, I think it's disgraceful and I'm certainly not making excuses for it. I simply pointed out a similarity with ancient Spartan culture.

I don't see what you got from my posts that indicates I agree with Muslims killing babies (or Spartans, for that matter). Sorry, I think you're a little confused.
edit on 21-12-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

Of course. I understand. It is clearly relevant and current to the fact that a first World nation just put in precedent to protect someone from being killed in an honour killing rather than deal with the person who would do it. Particularly when that person, isn't even a citizen.

A reference to Sparta in the form of a defense is an accidental moment of pure academics.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

How is this really any different then Christians throwing a pregnant daughter or gay child out of the house and their life?

Their is more ways of "killing" your own child - - then actual physical death.

OH. Accepting honour killings is JUST LIKE shunning.

You're right.

I currently have two options. I can hack a head off....or tell you to get out of my house.

I'm sure you'll understand, that hacking your head off is equivalent. Would you like to volunteer for one over the other?

It is - to me.

Being from the 50s and seeing the attitude and behavior of those condemning a young girl for getting pregnant.

Putting blame fully on the woman and forcing her to give up her child.

I see no difference.

My grandmother did this.

I don't know. I think that Great Aunt Betty (who is really Aunt Betty) probably has an opinion on the subject.

You think? I could call her.

"Aunt Betty, someone online who remembers the fifties assures me that there is no difference between Great Grandpa hacking your infant head off, and you living as a Grandma today with the condemnation be being a bastard in your small Christian Northern town. Do you have an opinion on the subject?"

I think she probably does. How about you?
edit on 2011/12/21 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The only correct solution unless the home situation is violent and dangerous, and in this case, think the jack pot is hit there, is to look after your children and family, daughters, and love them with all your heart, considering it an honor to do so, a gracious gift bestowed by God upon you, who does not value Culture, or what the neighbors think. They are sleepers in a hellzone if they're not enlightened and while sharing their burdens is good, copying them is not.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

My grandmother did this.

I don't know. I think that Great Aunt Betty (who is really Aunt Betty) probably has an opinion on the subject.

You think? I could call her.

Yes - you should.

Forced is forced.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh good. Well, I don't want to come to your house for tea, when you don't understand the difference between "leave my house" and "ahhhhckkjjkjkkaplisapoidfjj.....burble" blood spurting out.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just read this in depth and its in the best interests of the baby, the family, and the baby is very empathetic and sensitive, hands, so to speak. The courts made the right decision and took all the concerns into account. The mother and grandmother wanted the baby to be adopted. The adopted parents have been with this child from birth so this baby actually BONDED with them and this is crucial. You can't just put a child at 6 months or 1 or 2 into someone elses home. It creates extreme separation anxiety and social deviancy/sociopathy, and is stamped on just about every young offenders files in court. The primary goal of infant is to bound to their primary caregiver.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There was a decision based on the threat of DEATH from a NON-CITIZEN on a CITIZEN, just accounted for on the basis of culture.

It may be in the best interests of the baby.

It is not in the best interests of society for the man they are concerned about to remain in the country. They KNOW he's a threat. Remove him. Not make PRECEDENT around him.
edit on 2011/12/21 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well it seems to me that the solution is simple. If the Government doesn't want to deal with it as they should. The people than should find this Grand Father and take him out in a very public way. Telling the Government that the public will not put up with its cowardice concerning Muslim non Citizens.

I really don't see what the fuss is about. I can say if this were to happen right here were I live I would put a bullet in Grandpa's head. Tell the Government to grow some balls and be done with it. Never adapt sharia law, Its barbaric and wrong. May be good for the Middle easy but in a civilized world.

First world Governments need to nip this virus in the bud. I will die before I allow Sharia law in my country.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I actually agree with you, that if the courts deemed him likely to do this, then a complete assessment of him should be carried out. On the other hand that may jeopardize his wife's life, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i recently took a humanities class, and i was disturbed to hear the teacher say "islam is actually a very peaceful religion". i asked her if she had ever read any of the qur'an, or studied islam at all, and she said that she hadn't, but that she'd heard it was a peaceful religion.

i was quite livid. if you're a peaceful muslim, you're doing it wrong.

frankly, it's pathetic that the court made a concession in the favor of a man who would murder the child out of "honor".
edit on 22-12-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If you mean honor killing, then yes, it is definately very different. Killing someone vs. throwing them out of the house. Dont even try to equate it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As someone who was rejected by their family due to religion, (choose a different set of beliefs) I can assure it's not the same, emotionally painful, yes, but I am still alive. I could never compare my situation to someone who was killed.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Annee

If you mean honor killing, then yes, it is definately very different. Killing someone vs. throwing them out of the house. Dont even try to equate it.

To me the mindset is the same.

Most people today don't know how it was here in the states to have an illegitimate child back in the 50s. Mindsets have changed. There is choice today.

In my generation young girls were not given the choice to keep their babies. The babies were yanked away from them and put up for adoption. If they defied this - - they were thrown out in the street and disowned.

Young girls were sent away to give birth - - so as not to disgrace the family. Then quietly brought home never to be mentioned again.

If you did not experience those times - you don't know.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by Annee

As someone who was rejected by their family due to religion, (choose a different set of beliefs) I can assure it's not the same, emotionally painful, yes, but I am still alive. I could never compare my situation to someone who was killed.

I'm talking about the pain of the mother who has no choice.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

This is what happens in a multicultural society, you have to give way to your beliefs and your laws to allow other beliefs and laws to come into play. One of the reasons why I'm against mass-immigration as it stands today.

You immigrate, YOU conform, we do not. But that's politically incorrect so we allow immigrants to walk all over us, our heritage and of course, our laws.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What the hell has this got to do with the average non Muslim Joe?
No one is forcing anything on us, it's what's best for those in question.
The judge made the right choice in light of all the facts and concerns of the Grandma and maternal mother. Hell it wasn't so long back we didn't widely know about these honour killings. We've heard about daughters getting killed, but this is the first time in this country I have heard from the horses mouth the threat of a whole family being taken off the planet.

The precedent is this - This is probably the first of many cases we will see. Be thankful...The more are highlighted the more we will get off our arses and start rattling cages about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by Aeons

This is what happens in a multicultural society, you have to give way to your beliefs and your laws to allow other beliefs and laws to come into play. One of the reasons why I'm against mass-immigration as it stands today.

You immigrate, YOU conform, we do not. But that's politically incorrect so we allow immigrants to walk all over us, our heritage and of course, our laws.

I like multiculturalism.

If by that you mean Dim Sum, Chicken Tikki Masala, and Dragon Boat Races.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join