It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Motors Volt Costs Taxpayers $250,000 per Vehicle

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Out of your list the following have hybrid variants :
Ford F150 - Toyota Camry, Ford Escape and Ford Fusion and each ranks that high due to each having a hybrid variant.

Without the hybrid sales factored in each model would've ranked far lower as that is total sales.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

Until you schedule a test drive to drive a Volt don't talk yap on it while continuing to fall for spun propaganda. It is an attack yes, a direct assault and attack on the lies and mistruths you are issuing.

Another knee jerk assumption by the Immacualted one, who proves he is not only wrong time and time again, but proves he plays to both sides merely by typing.

How do you know I have not test drive one?

What is next from you, a self proclaimed victory?
That is about all you have.
Some decent retorts...........Then blaming the SCUM...........Then stacking some BS on top of lies............Then self proclaimed victory.

My points still stand.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am defending America and American ingenuity. This is about the future Who cares if GM is financing and producing hybrids and electrics, the fact that they are should have everyone fawning over them instead of using it as yet another strike and swipe to attack everything American.

When the Banks pulled their little kid game ploy in 07 by freezing the credit market that made GM and every other company unavailable to secure and arrange financing which was a contributing factor to the 08 crash.

ALL TO PREVENT THE UNITED STATES FROM COMPETING IN THIS NEW ERA OF MOTORING!.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

Out of your list the following have hybrid variants :
Ford F150 - Toyota Camry, Ford Escape and Ford Fusion and each ranks that high due to each having a hybrid variant.

Without the hybrid sales factored in each model would've ranked far lower as that is total sales.

What F150 Hybrid do you speak of?

www.ford.com...

You have been found again to pitch nothing of truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You do know that there is not a single GM product or any other product made completely from beginning to end in this country.

Part's are all subcontracted out to other companies mostly made in China.

Haven't seen a lot of "American Ingenuity" in this country for the last 20 years unless you wanna count the Iphone or Ipod but hey still made in China.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Every publication that's reviewed it, every internet auto test website has reviewed it and all love it and are praising it yet only a small handful of people actually are still slamming the USA and will continually use any lame arse excuse to further attack the nation, attack innovation, attack good olde fashioned Yankee inginuity.

The fact that GM couldn't pay back the loan in mere weeks of it being issued is what everyone's problem here, not the fact that GM actually got a loan but the fact that 25 Million don't have to worry about where their job is going to be tomorrow but all back the banks blindly and refuse to talk yap on them out of a fear it "might scare away the job creators and financiers".

Until you blackout on the banks as you are doing GM now Up until 2008 GM had one of the best corporate credit ratings and was tops and that doesn't qualify them from getting a loan.

Not everything in this world is done for profit or for the betterment of a handful of companies.

This is a template program that will allow the Federal Government to loan money to companies directly without involving or needed the foreign controlled and operated Federal Reserve as the private control ends at the end of this year. It's clear as crystal you want us to constantly cowtail and bend over for whatever screwjob The SCUM concocts tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So the truth comes out.

I am defending America and American ingenuity.

No, no you don't. Sorry, but defending GM does not show anything but you like GM, and have excuse after excuse as to why they do what they do.

This is about the future Who cares if GM is financing and producing hybrids and electrics, the fact that they are should have everyone fawning over them instead of using it as yet another strike and swipe to attack everything American.

The issue has never been the financing by GM Bank. Nice to try to again...........deflect and attack.
The issue is the Battery car was funded by Tax Subsidizes and an Interest Free Loan from the Govt.
GM, should have failed.

When the Banks pulled their little kid game ploy in 07 by freezing the credit market that made GM and every other company unavailable to secure and arrange financing which was a contributing factor to the 08 crash.

Little kid games?
Really?
Like, blaming someone else for their success and/or failures.

ALL TO PREVENT THE UNITED STATES FROM COMPETING IN THIS NEW ERA OF MOTORING!.

GM should do it without the Tax money from Nanny Govt.

You have a history of calling yourself part of OWS.
OWS stands against what GM got and is getting.
Yet, you turn a willful blind eye, because you like GM.

You, have been debunked.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's made in the following facility :
Detroit Hamtramck Assembly Plant
gmauthority.com...

You were saying?

START TO FINISH!
edit on 3-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Indigo5

Best selling vehicles 2011:

1) Ford F150
2) Chevy Silverado
3) Toyota Camry
4) Nissan Altima
5) Ford Escape
6) Ford Fusion
7) Honda Accord
8) Toyota Carolla
9) Chevy Cruze
10) Dodge Ram

In all cases where a hybrid model is available, it is not the top seller of that model.

Hybrids have not yet hit the point of cost vs justification for the average consumer.

I call BS on both that claim that Hybrids didn't sell in 2011 and your list...please provide a link...here are mine..

Top 10 selling cars of 2011...a slightly different list than yours...did you have cut and paste issue?
www.mlive.com...

The Conservative Wall Street Journal
Hybrid Sales Surge As Gas Prices March Upward
blogs.wsj.com...

WSJ
Ford Plans To Triple Hybrid and Electric Production
blogs.wsj.com...

Want to try and tell me how many cars on that top 10 list are Hybrids or Flex Fuel? Or do you assume that ATS posters are just too stupid to know?.......ALL BUT TWO.
edit on 3-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Hardly Steel,rubber,glass,plastics,oils,tools etc sorry it isn't especially since its an automated assembly line and of course robotics come from somewhere...

I also remember someones pro OWS support and here they are defending crony capitalism.

hmmm.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Every publication that's reviewed it, every internet auto test website has reviewed it and all love it and are praising it yet only a small handful of people actually are still slamming the USA and will continually use any lame arse excuse to further attack the nation, attack innovation, attack good olde fashioned Yankee inginuity.

So the dog gnashes his teeth.
That is nice that some reviews were great.
That...............again................is not..................the.................issue.

The fact that GM couldn't pay back the loan in mere weeks of it being issued is what everyone's problem here, not the fact that GM actually got a loan but the fact that 25 Million don't have to worry about where their job is going to be tomorrow but all back the banks blindly and refuse to talk yap on them out of a fear it "might scare away the job creators and financiers".

The fact that GM got a Govt bailout, like the ones that you and every OWS supporters decries shows that you will do anything to save face, in support of your GM.

Until you blackout on the banks as you are doing GM now Up until 2008 GM had one of the best corporate credit ratings and was tops and that doesn't qualify them from getting a loan.

Deflect and attack. Deflect and attack. That is all you have left.
The banks are not what is being discussed. Stop trying to make excuses.

Not everything in this world is done for profit or for the betterment of a handful of companies.

Now that is funny.
GM is just doing this out of the goodness of their heart.
You are running out of BS to be pitched here.

This is a template program that will allow the Federal Government to loan money to companies directly without involving or needed the foreign controlled and operated Federal Reserve as the private control ends at the end of this year. It's clear as crystal you want us to constantly cowtail and bend over for whatever screwjob The SCUM concocts tomorrow!

The Govt has no business is loaning money to any business. That is the issue.
Good grief, I understand you love GM and fawn for anything that 0bama pushes, but come on. This is the crap that OWS protests about.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Indeed it is remember People not volts!!!!!

Second is laughing at the hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Neo just broke it down for you.

No...Neo just BSed as always with a BS Quote that was hacked up and some dubunked bad math.

The excuse that this happens because of this or that, or the crying over Foreign Auto Makers getting this or that does not negate the fact that the Chevy Volt is a failure, sales wise.

See...you are talking about whether the Chevy Volt succeeded to hit it's sales target in its first year...I am explaing that this OP is BS, debunked math and false claims funded by Oil Barrons famous for propaganda.

Are you capable of understanding that we both are right?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Neo just broke it down for you.

No...Neo just BSed as always with a BS Quote that was hacked up and some dubunked bad math.

The excuse that this happens because of this or that, or the crying over Foreign Auto Makers getting this or that does not negate the fact that the Chevy Volt is a failure, sales wise.

See...you are talking about whether the Chevy Volt succeeded to hit it's sales target in its first year...I am explaing that this OP is BS, debunked math and false claims funded by Oil Barrons famous for propaganda.

Are you capable of understanding that we both are right?

Sure, to a degree I guess.
Issue still stands that GM is the Auto Darling of the Govt, gets an interest free loan from the Govt and huge tax subsidizes.
Thems are the breaks.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

1. Your opening futile attempt is an attack on me as you are unable to hit back on facts and levy cheap attacks!
2. When GMAC was forced away from GM that forced GM to deal with The SCUM directly for financing which means it had to go "out of house" to secure customer funding.
www.detroitnews.com...
3. Remember the EV1 from 97? Big Oil was confirmed in 06 to have caused GM to lose the Volt.

This has nothing to do with cronyism.

This is the issue, it is a success. 8,000 units in year 1 alone doesn't not qualify it as a success.

OWS is demanding that a company who got a loan is to pay it back and GM is adhering to all agreements!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

How do you figure?

3 billion into a car where only 6,142 were sold that netted around 190 million dollars that is bad math but by GM and The Government.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wrong again tuff guy.

1. Your opening futile attempt is an attack on me as you are unable to hit back on facts and levy cheap attacks!

No attack.
You just don't like Logic and truth smacking you.

2. When GMAC was forced away from GM that forced GM to deal with The SCUM directly for financing which means it had to go "out of house" to secure customer funding.
www.detroitnews.com...

Again with the SCUM thing?
More excuses.

3. Remember the EV1 from 97? Big Oil was confirmed in 06 to have caused GM to lose the Volt.

Nice to state things.
I like Popsicles.

This has nothing to do with cronyism.

Of course not, since it is revolving around the company you love. GM.

This is the issue, it is a success. 8,000 units in year 1 alone doesn't not qualify it as a success.

How can it be a success, when you state a dismal singular sales figures are not a success.
You must be dizzy going in circles this much.

OWS is demanding that a company who got a loan is to pay it back and GM is adhering to all agreements!

Um, no.
I bet OWS has a lot more to say about this, but way to gloss over the truth.
I expect nothing less from you.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

1. Attacks continue!
2. That's who launched the attack on GM in the 1990's!
3. Big Oil got it killed!
4. It's an American company who employs Americans in America! You want it to be chipped and sold off.
5. It is you who is spinning in circles trying to come up with every possible way to attack and derail this, shows the utter futility of your argument and how weak in reality it is!
6. OWS was more against banks getting bailed out and not an American company who employs Americans in America.

Like I said, it's easier to let an American company fall and put more out of work which would've sent the stock market into a deathspiral to the point where right now the DJIA would've been at less then 3,000 pts as a direct result.

This ripple wouldn't've just stopped at GM, Ford and Chrysler but would've continued to ripple into companies like Western Star, Kenworth, Pierce Manufacturing, Osh Kosh, Force Protection, Peterbilt, Colet, E-One, American LaFrance, Autocar, International, Case IH, Tucker Terra, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Norththorp-Grumman, airports, commercial shipping companies, private shipping companies, recycling companies, construction companies, heavy duty shipping and transportation companies, raw materials manufactueres and harvesters, farming communities and every single company that relies on and employs heavy machinery. That is how vast the entire US Automotive and Transportation Industry is! This would've eventually continued until it affected The US Dept Of Defense and even into The US

Now do you get why this was needed for?
edit on 3-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hit "Posts in thread" to the left here...I have explained it a half dozen times in this thread..explained the math myself and even posted links to conservative outlets that acknowledge the math is BS...I am not going to continue to cut and paste the same links debunking this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sure, to a degree I guess.
Issue still stands that GM is the Auto Darling of the Govt, gets an interest free loan from the Govt and huge tax subsidizes.
Thems are the breaks.

And it is nothing in comparison to subsidies the Gov gives Oil companies, farmers, SBA loans etc.

You and I disagree that new auto technology is one place the US Gov should put it's money.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join