It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space is the new America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Several centuries ago the Americas were �discovered� by the Europeans (Europeans being superior have the ability to discover what has been around for centuries, something later passed on to the Americans). Imagine the feeling at this time, you have before you a vast, and undiscovered country, teeming with life in parts but barren in others. A place of opportunity and risk, great gain for a little dance with chance. To me this must have been a great time, a time to live, to carve your dreams out.

The idea of this has gone. There is no longer an undiscovered country, the planet has been explored, exploited and quite thoroughly mucked up. Intrepid explorers showed the way (although motivated by commercial gain) and others followed where they led.

I believe that a new spirit is needed, a new ideal for exploration in the only place left to do it. Space exploration, exploitation and colonisation must not be allowed to fall in to the hands of earth bound institutions like governments and corporations. It must be the province of the people and we must take the initiative. NASA, ESA and the other space agencies all seem to be less than excellent examples of how to explore space. With co-ordination and co-operation it is possible for you and I to get into space.

This I believe is the most essential thing we can do for ourselves, by taking space for ourselves we are subverting the governments of this planet by taking more power than they have.

(Space will without any doubt be communist)

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh ... that should be easy to do ...

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its too late, a claim has been laid.

heres proof:

www.cygo.com...

www.asi.org...

members.nova.org...

www.inprosys.bizland.com...

And whats worse is we have no understanding on what could happen if a world power became greedy and wanted to go to war in the "Outer space". If solar wind has an effect on this planet imagine uncontrolled interstellar warfare? Ok maybe not quite interstellar yet but its looming closer.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"Oh ... that should be easy to do ... "

well yeah but it must be done.

"And whats worse is we have no understanding on what could happen if a world power became greedy and wanted to go to war in the "Outer space". If solar wind has an effect on this planet imagine uncontrolled interstellar warfare? Ok maybe not quite interstellar yet but its looming closer."

Advisor my fear is that in the race to take control of our solar system a government may start a war like this that would probably wipe us all out. China is just getting ready to put a man on the moon. India, europe, USA and others all have space capability and it is worrying to think in laying a claim to say the moon or even a portion of the moon, that one of these may start a war with one of the others. Space capable means nuclear capable.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Eh...okay!!

One question though?

How exactly would they do it?

Cassini, you mentioned that all the major players in space travel are ready to head out there...wouldn't it be easier to just work together and explore that way?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"Eh...okay!!

One question though?

How exactly would they do it?
"

Sorry Raven not sure what you are asking?

"Cassini, you mentioned that all the major players in space travel are ready to head out there...wouldn't it be easier to just work together and explore that way?"

Have you looked out the international window at the mo? Seems to be that we should all be able to get along here on earth where the riches are limited but we can`t. In space where the riches are literally limitless can you really see thousands of years of fighting stopping? I can`t really see them getting along but I may have misread history....

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
in nowaday issue please forget it that america is a leader of the space frontier.can we let the america become our leader to the space where the president
act liked madbull with no respect to other society of the world

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wish we were more focused on space, I'd give anything to leave this hunk of rock and live in space and explore new planets... /sigh tis only a dream.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"I wish we were more focused on space, I'd give anything to leave this hunk of rock and live in space and explore new planets... /sigh tis only a dream."

Can`t think of anything much coller than zipping around space in your own little sports model flying saucer. Things like Star Trek and an unhealthy love of SciFi books have caught my imagination for years, like you I`d give anything to do this.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How would you survive? What would you eat, when you run out of your supply? where would you go? Sounds cool but if I had Han Solo's ship and my own Wookie I would rule!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
if there were a way for us all to come together, as one human race, it would come after a great war that none would ever want again. once the world is united, then we can go to space. i say the first step is to colonise and possibly even terraform the moon, to transform the grey eye in the sky, to the jewel of humanity, then to mars! for the land of blood will bring another war, but this time not between man. if we're lucky we'll be uinderstanding of whatever we find there instead of destroying it. after that, probably moons of saturn pr jupiter, ganymede europa? it's all possible, look past dollars and euros, but look to the future of mankind! look to what is best for all.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
hmm MRES? oxygen tanks/filters?

maybe have a larger ship and many oxygen producing plants, perhaps i could get water from chunks of ice through out space or there would be stations set up like gas stations?

I can dream can't I?

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
too many people think of money as their God.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"if there were a way for us all to come together, as one human race, it would come after a great war that none would ever want again. once the world is united, then we can go to space"

NO. NO. NO. Why can`t the dream of something greater bring us together? It always seem that people believe that after a great *final* war will bring us together. This is wrong. History shows that people are always gonna fight, not unite. A dream, a great dream is may be the one thing that will unite us.

This is why I think people not governments should come together for this. Governments are always concerned with national interest, they would n`t want to share and I`m not sure that a united world would be any better. It would still be a legislative body and politics would take over.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
not a bloody revolution, just let the gov't know that they don't matter anymore. bring our resources together, educate ourselves, and put ourselves into space. ignore the gov't but not anarchist, ignore the police but not a criminal, ignore the military, but not be an enemy. show the world that we'll make our own peaceful society, and work together as a single people to get us into space, learn our roots, and leave this place, bring advances in medicine, in technology, philosphy, science, math, our history, and our future. is it possible? if we make it, are you willing? if you want it, we can make it. who would actually make it more than an idea on a screen? will you?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Very noble words PC, indeed very noble.

Governments don't even know or understand National Interest, its all become "SELF INTEREST". I say let me kill a few govy suit pansies who think they know what the people want! Or better yet I could hand them over to the very people they SCREWED!

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i know that i have my family cough sorta, and my friends, but soon i'll move off to germany, go to college, and probably not hear from them, that is life, i'll get a job, like it or not i'll retire and have a home, have kids and marry and stuff, and die, after a century or two, be forgotten in the wind. does anyone remember the maids who watched the soldiers in the revolutions of the old world? do we remember the soldiers who weren't heroes but fought alongside them nonetheless? we must make our impact, i'm still young and have a lot ahead of me, and it's more than wanting to be known, or wanting to be famous, let the world know that we once stood, and we made our own destinies, be the master of your own fate.

here's what we'll do, find those who are willing, militia too, get us all together, and begin our society, grow and encompass all people of the world, let them know to be free of their gov'ts, there laws, and their rules, if the gov't wants to put them down, then stand and fight to be free. is today a day of revelation for any who sees this post? will we stand....

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
", just let the gov't know that they don't matter anymore"

what I was saying in the original post was exactly that. Don`t do anything about the governments just ignore them and get on with what you are doing.

"here's what we'll do, find those who are willing, militia too"

NO MILITIA. Period. Stop being Militia and join.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
any organisation is nothing more than a club without people! our first goal should be to find those willing to join. hell not even join, contribute, volunteer! we should gain some capitol, shudder, and start off with building a place for education, from there we can conduct our research, then we can expand our knowledge, at the same time, house ourselves, and grow fields of food, domesticate some cows and stuff, while i don't like the idea of killing them, it is unfortuately neccessary for us to live, and start mining resources or something. our biggest goal as man should be the change from oil to hydrocell. corporations would flip twice if they knew they'd have ppl who'd merely volunteer to work for something like that, then we'd silently infiltrate the company, and make it part of us, in we could utilise it's resources and stuff like that, pull it out of the stock market and hurt the gov't that much more. it will be a silent revolution, no war needed!

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Almost sounds like a friendly secrect society...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join