It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those scared of mirrors!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I once made the mistake of standing in front of a mirror during a particularly intense psycadelic session - if you know what I mean.
I was about 21 at the time and saw myself age from 21 to 91 in the space of 30 seconds. White wispy hair, black teeth, paper thin white skin, hollow cheeks, yellowing eyeballs.
Not recommended.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Last time I looked in the mirror it informed me I was no longer the prettiest of them all.
Daughters getting poisoned apples for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I frequently saw dark shadow movements in one of my mirrors a year back and only in one section of the mirror too. I decided to set up a camera facing the mirror and walk around the room to find out where exactly the shadow movement was coming from. Managed to locate the area and realised that it was the same place where had a captured a shadow figure the previous year.

Funny thing is I haven't seen it since!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
MY grandmother always use to tell me, those who Stare at the mirrors or those who are obsessed with mirrors are full of "IBLEES" The word "iblees" can roughly be translated to devil or Jinn...I never really took this type of information seriously. Now that i am older i think i understand a bit better.

Whenever i do my Third eye Meditation i get the urge to stare at myself in the mirror. The longer i stare the weaker i become even after i have stopped the exercise. Not to long after that it feels and literrally looks like someone else is looking back at me. It feels like im being drained of all the power i had just built up during my exercise. In addition to that, not too long ago i had a dream that a black dog emerged from the Computer moniter screen i have in my room, leaped up onto my bed and just stood over me..during all of this it felt as if i was paralyzed and could not move an inch. Im not sure if this is connected to my mirror experiences.

I refuse to slow down with my third eye exercises as the positives do outweigh these negatives. I have already convinced myself this is something that probably comes with the territory. Every rose has thorns right? With that being said i now sleep with all reflective surfaces covered with a towel. My moniter, my mirror, and even put my phone face down...Am i being Paranoid? By the way im new on ats.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have to sleep with my bedroom door open to hide the mirror on the back of the door. Thats where the "people" come through when I have sleep paralysis. My family thinks I am nuts, but at least I am a well rested nut!

I have no other problems with mirrors. I have a little look before I leave the house to make sure I am somewhat presentable. Thankfully I am deathly afraid of vanity, so the mirror doesn't get to see me very often. Poor thing! I bet it misses my beautiful face.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Eisoptrophobia - the irrational fear of mirrors.

I don't have eisoptrophobia ... but I don't like mirrors. NOT because of my own reflection
but because they are really creepy. It's like a portal to another dimension or something. The only mirrors we have hanging in our house are in the bathroom out of necessity. When I visit my parents house and sleep in the guest room, I put a towel over the big dresser mirror they have. Otherwise .. it's creepy.

Side note - it is believed by many in the occult that if you put a mirror on an 'outside' wall of the house then you have created a spirit portal.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
I've tried staring into the mirror, no changes
I guess I'm stuck with unwavering good looks

LOL. Hear! Hear! I only see my good looks too.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Eisoptrophobia - the irrational fear of mirrors.

I don't have eisoptrophobia ... but I don't like mirrors. NOT because of my own reflection
but because they are really creepy. It's like a portal to another dimension or something. The only mirrors we have hanging in our house are in the bathroom out of necessity. When I visit my parents house and sleep in the guest room, I put a towel over the big dresser mirror they have. Otherwise .. it's creepy.

Side note - it is believed by many in the occult that if you put a mirror on an 'outside' wall of the house then you have created a spirit portal.

intriguing, Im fascinated with mirrors for exactly the same reason.

If you hold a mirror up to a mirror you get to see infinity, THAT in my opinion if pretty cool. I discovered this at about 6 or 7 years of age. I find it fascinating that mirrors reflect back to us how we see ourselves figuratively and metaphorically. Given that 99% of our reality is made up of light and the electromagnetic wavelength i think mirrors could indeed be a a window into a parallel reality.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
on our tub we used to have this full length mirror. It was the shower door, one side was glass the other side the mirror. Anyway I was about 8 or so and I was going to the bathroom and was messing with the mirror seeing if I could move my hand fast enough in the mirror that maybe my reflection will stay behind. Well it happened not sure how many times I was doing it but I don't think it was more than 5. Anyway the last time I did it the reflection of my arm was at the top yet my arm was on the bottom, it took about a second for the reflection to actually get to where my arm was. It freaked me out and I was scared of mirrors for a long time, Even now I'm wary about them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was told that if you hang two mirrors facing each other, you are inviting the other side into your home. This was told to me AFTER I had them hanging this way for quite some time...and there were many "people" in my home at the time... So guess it was true...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva
I was told that if you hang two mirrors facing each other, you are inviting the other side into your home. This was told to me AFTER I had them hanging this way for quite some time...and there were many "people" in my home at the time... So guess it was true...

in my hall way it shaped like this
______B-room____bathroom____B-room
"mirror" [-----------------------------------------] "mirror" on closet door.
______B-room____hallway entrance
_____________________v
________________ living room

mirrors are up to head height 4 feet tall facing each other, no ghosts.
edit on 26-12-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

I can't explain the feeling but when I'm in my room, by my window where my mirror is (or even looking at my reflection in a window or any other reflective object) I get this overwhelming sense of dread and terror as if I'm being watched or stalked or something. Almost similar to expecting something to pop up and attack. But who or what could it be? I'm always alone when the feeling just... Happens while I'm looking at something shiny.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

I have the same creepy feeling. I have a large mirror on my dresser that freaks me out----but only at night. I lay in bed at night reading and between the mirror and the window thats two ft from my head, i'm constantly taking a quick glance at both and on edge because i think im going to see someone or something staring back at me.

Every time I'm outside in my backyard at night, I get the creepy feeling that when I look back at the huge window, I get a panicky feeling that I will see someone in my house staring back at me and mentally saying to me, "I'm in here with your family, and you are out there! You can't protect what you can't get to!!!!"

I write this as my eyes do a quick look right at the mirror and left ar the window.

Oh, and I have to have the window curtain and the doorwall drapes wide open at night! Icouldnt even think of trying to sleep knowing something could be out there and I couldnt see it. Also the dogs can bark if they see something and alert me.

Darn, I've never been such a wuss in all my life before..............until now!!!

Excuse any typos. I'm on my nook.
edit on 27-12-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

To many late night horror movies maybe? With things that go bump in the night?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

When younger we used to do "bloody mary" by staring at the mirror in the dark. I'm sure it was just our eyes adjusting, but the effects were enough to scare us back then.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

I, too, made the mistake of looking into a mirror while in a psychedelic state of mind!!! I came out of the restroom and told my friends that I was staring in the mirror for 20 mins making crazy faces...they then told me there was no mirror in the bathroom I was in

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
What are your paranormal experiences with mirrors?
I have seen some things and I will explain if this thread is accepted

So what are these things you have seen? Clearly the thread has been accepted....

So, share like you should have done in the OP.

As for me, I have never had a paranormal experience involving a mirror.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sadgirl

Ha! Excellent work. What did you see?
That reminds me of another time when I had some people round at mine for the night and i left them in the kitchen and sat on my own in the lounge watching telly for a good 45 minutes. I was really enjoying it as well until a friend wandered in and said ' You do know thats not switched on don't you?'

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
What are your paranormal experiences with mirrors?
I have seen some things and I will explain if this thread is accepted

So what are these things you have seen? Clearly the thread has been accepted....

So, share like you should have done in the OP.

As for me, I have never had a paranormal experience involving a mirror.

I have. It's on page one.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Anything that casts a reflection can be a gateway under the right circumstances. But in the normal course of events your mirror isn't anything to be concerned about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join