It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, From Tampa! (Strange shaking bed question)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hello all!

My name is John, I have been lurking around ATS for a few weeks now. I found this site after I was on vacation with my family in Philadelphia; I was staying at a hotel near center city, I swore there was an earth quake while I was there, I was on the 2nd floor of the 20 story hotel, and while lying in bed I know I felt an earth quake, the only problem is my parents didn’t feel it either along with the ret of the guests. Does anyone have any clues about what could be going on?? I swear on everything that bed shook and rattled as if the whole building was coming down. We had just walked into the room, so I know I couldn’t have fallen asleep that fast. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I figured it better be time to sign up and ask rather than hope for someone else to mention this strange occurrence!

With Love;

JT

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TimetravelO

Hmmm.... shaking bed at a hotel?
Could be something like this.....

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

I have had similar instances. Almost every night I go to bed it feels like there is a small quake going on. Since I only feel it when I lay down (for the night, it doesn't seem to do it when I test it out), I take it as my body tremoring to relax. This is even though it feels like the bed is moving itself and not me.
edit on 21-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Welcome to ATS

I have had similar instances. Almost every night I go to bed it feels like there is a small quake going on. Since I only feel it when I lay down (for the night, it doesn't seem to do it when I test it out), I take it as my body tremoring to relax. This is even though it feels like the bed is moving itself and not me.
edit on 21-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

No way! I though I was crazy...for the past few months I've noticed little tremors going through my bed a night. Then I figured it's probably people in the apt below me doing the....naughty?,,,,

But one time I swear, some thing (ghost? ) ran into my room and shook the bed more violently then them there tremors. I was asleep and woke to that feeling of being watched..... creepy as hell....couldn't sleep after that.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I get the same 'tremor' thing almost every night it seems. I notice it sometimes and other times I don't.

Weird...

Well welcome to ATS! Enjoy your stay

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TimetravelO

Welcome John....I have experienced this one time just recently, and everyone felt it. I checked USGS and nothing there. Maybe just a big truck or construction as we don't have earthquakes here...if you tell me the date and exact location I'll check to see if there was a quake there on that day. Nice to meet you and once again...welcome!

edit on 12/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks, But I have already looked at USGS, Earthquakes aren’t that common in Philadelphia, I haven’t noticed it since I have been home, It was that ONE night… Im not sure If I should look into it more because there was no one else that experienced it. It was a very weird experience. Thanks everyone!

new topics

top topics

join