It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OWS should be renamed to ( Obstruct commerce, commit adulty in public, Destroy personal and public property, and show the world how lazy Occupiers really are ) not to mention they shoved the Homeless aside. Total disrespect for anything types of people. Mostly Dem's it seems or Left slanted. All most of them really accomplished was getting their name on a radical protestor red flag list.
not smart these days.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

While they're protesting corruption in government, the NDAA, SOPA, PIPA, illegal housing foreclosure...taking police beatings and excessive use of force, exposing the police state and the violations of the Constitution ie freedom of speech and assembly, freedom of the press...what are you doing?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Since others were incapable, perhaps you could answer a few of my questions that have been ignored since posted:

Originally posted by aaron2209
To the anti-OWSers that would be so happy for everyone to go back home and go back to sleep,

What are you doing to improve your neighborhood/suburb/city/country?

You all seem to have a go at the protesters for "having no answers", so what are your answers? What are you doing to promote your answers? What are you doing to try and effect change?

You are either happy with the current climate or not? If not, why are you not doing anything to try and change things?

If you are doing something, what are you doing?

What are your proposals for moving your country forward and how do you propose to go about creating change via "proper" methods?

Cheers

edit on 22-12-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

I send my Congressman and representatives letters telling them I disagree with the Biils in process and ask them to explain their reason for voting Yea or Nay. And they answer me every time I inquire. I may not get the answer I want but I am not making life dificult for my fellow Americans in the process.

I am a member of the Volunteer FIre Dept.

I help out with the local elementary school meals, due to there are a lot of hungry kids in my area.

I vote with my $$ and support my local merchants even if I have to pay a little more to do so.
Sign petitions,
VOTE

I will stop there but what i do NOT do is go to the Metro area and block traffic, make a fool of myself, hinder the movement of other people trying to conduct business / go about their own business, put myself in danger for being disorderly Etc..... there are civil ways to make a point. What the OWS peeps are doing is not peacful it is a Mob

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Cheers. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Well done on the work you do for your community

You're lucky to get responses from your politicians. I rarely get anything more than the generic computer generated reply stating it has been passed on to the appropriate person and never get a reply.

Personally, I don't feel I have a say in anything and no one cares for my opinion and it frustrates the hell out of me so I guess that's why I can relate to the way these protesters feel.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The occupation has just started, there are three occupy websites now and one of them is pretty significantly built. I do not see people who have failed creating infastructures for the bankers who got exposed. Hippies, maybe not. Destroyed citizens more like it.

and while you sit and watch. They will do something other than take it. dont believe me>? they are way more organized now. www.sayoccupy.com and occupii.org are just two of them... they have supporters that havent even begun or had time to meet with them yet. i cannot believe someone would think the working people forced out of their homes would give up so easily. LOL you have to be kidding.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You cannot judge a philosophical movement by the idiots who ruin it for everyone. You're one of the main reasons the whole occupy crap started in the first place, your own ignorance and complacency to do anything. At least those shockingly horrible troublemakers drew mainstream attention to the fact that society as it stands can sustain itself no longer, as a result of our economic and political systems. They can't offer a solution because it's not that f***ing simple, in case you can't work that out.

What they did, was point out that what we're doing is wrong, and more importantly, WHY it is wrong, and HOW it will never change unless we think radically differently than in the past. The solution is a group issue, and when the right people are granted the right powers to do the right things to fix our society and our culture, maybe we can turn all this around. But that won't happen so long as the wrong people are granted the wrong powers to do the wrong thing. The movement had sound principles behind it to begin with, but like all successful freedom movements, COINTELPRO soon made sure that the sheep (you) would soon palm this demonstration off as meaningless and anarchic. Society is flawed at its core, and all these problems will exist for so long as the environment for them to thrive in exists.

You're in the same category as big government; you judge the intentions of the masses by the actions of the contextual individual and it's the reason why bureaucracy has stalled our planet. They weren't all rapist smelly hooligans you drone, and if you watched more than Fox news you might work that out on your own one day. One can only hope.
edit on 17-1-2012 by refused because: clarification

edit on 17-1-2012 by refused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Seemed like it was far from failure watching the J17 march in DC

edit on 18-1-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join