It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You have no idea what you are talking about. Kinda invalidates your arguement.
Keep on doing what you are doing, you will not survive the spring. Time to grow up my friend and actually see what is going on around you. Good luck. Hope you have enough humility to ask for help when you need it.
edit on 22-12-2011 by PapaKrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
How can a movement 'fail' if they don't have a clear goal?

Then again, how can they succeed?

They succeeded at one "goal."
Causing millions of dollars in damage, while our tax payer dollars were being spent cleaning up after them and babysitting them...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

You’re absolutely right. OWS has moved in and destroyed the places they’ve occupied. How does any of this help their cause?? It doesn’t, which is why support has disappeared. Look at the damage just in LA

The City of Los Angeles reportedly faces millions of dollars in expenses brought about by the Occupy LA movement. City agencies have been ordered to calculate what was spent on the Occupy LA protests.

Repairs to City Hall's lawn where the Occupy group set up camp on Oct. 1 will require an estimated $400,000.

The police action to clear out the encampment on Nov. 30 cost more than $700,000.

Additional expenses are attributed to hauling away debris from the camp, and cleaning up graffiti that defaced City Hall marble walls and trees.

The Occupy crowd received a lot of donations from a witless public. Why not send them a bill, your honor? I'm sure they will want to pitch in and do their part by taking financial responsibility for the mess they caused.

And why have they done this?? Very simple…because they are

Selfish, arrogant, and stupid. That's what adolescents and the Occupy movement have in common.

Selfish because they refuse to acknowledge that their protests have hurt ordinary people - their precious "one percenters" - by causing them to lose their jobs, dock their pay, and endanger their well being by forcing cities to pull needed police protection from other areas to make sure the OWS crew doesn't burn down the city.

Arrogant because they believe themselves entitled to special treatment - no fees for protest permits among other amenities they demanded.

Stupid because they have no clue how the real world works.
link

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The Occupation has succeeded in ways you will never know.
Isn't this more of a rant?

No star, no flag for disparaging people who at least tried to effect change.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)
[/quote

What effect? What change? There is NO UNKOWN changes from this idiotic OWS nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking or hoping some type of change could occur by having a crusade of hippie low life bums hanging around public property that has to be maintained constantly for the rest of the american population. You don't understand and you don't care about the rest of the american population. You only care about your ideals that do more harm than good. Grow up and learn how to sacrifice with hard work. You are nothing more an "alley Rant".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The Occupation has succeeded in ways you will never know.
Isn't this more of a rant?

No star, no flag for disparaging people who at least tried to effect change.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

What effect? What change? There is NO UNKOWN changes from this idiotic OWS nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking or hoping some type of change could occur by having a crusade of hippie low life bums hanging around public property that has to be maintained constantly for the rest of the american population. You don't understand and you don't care about the rest of the american population. You only care about your ideals that do more harm than good. Grow up and learn how to sacrifice with hard work. You are nothing more an "alley Rant".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyluv
which probably began through the Arab Spring

you mean, google inc.?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
im stoked this is over... I don't buy the whole "were going away during the harsh winter" great convictions there... You know people lit themselves on fire to protest....

just sayin' seems more of a fashion trend and now its over :-D

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

It's been shown in many posts in this thread that it is in fact not over, not even on a winter break. Wishing for something to be true doesn't make it so.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

I came across this article just now, I hope you and others will take some time to read it all. It's a good unbiased report (good and bad in my opinion) about DC. wired.com

Nice, this is always happens too in these threads, argue with every single one of my posts but if I stick some facts in there and ask for them to be read, that post is magically ignored.

You will have to take that one back.

Not ignored,overlooked.

I read it the day it came out. Its a decent piece.It shows OWS has a LONG way to go. It seems that their are two OWS crowds. The Union backed,liberal Ideology camp,and the camp that has real activists in it. OWS will have to distance themselves further from the left,if they stand a chance.OWS has already hurt its image,by allowing the Unions to march along side them,in support.
edit on 22-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

when the new iPhone comes out??? Or when Coleman releases its new line of tents?? Seriously how are you "planning" new things without leadership... makes amazing sense... I can see it now

Loiterer1: hey lets go trespass
loiterer2: sounds good
3-50: MOB AGREE

thats how this works right? Ran on mob mentality? So by this logic without the mob there is no mentality... and no more protest...

seems like the book might be closed on this fad. (it lasted a shorter time than Pogs)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Its not over. It will never be over. This is only the beginning and everyone, especially those on ats should know and understand this. Something big has been brewing for a long time and the people are not going to stand idly by while our liberties are systematically shut down and spit on one by one. It is winter and it is very cold so not many can afford to stay outside and protest, but once the weather warms up just a little bit the people, including me, will come out in full force and hopefully there will be some real change. For now however we must all do our best to elect someone who will not stand for tyranny and will not be another puppet. I know this lapse in the movement is only temporary and hope that all the people who invested their time in it will now focus on getting Ron Paul into office.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In addition to being a fair article, pointing out the good as well flaws, it does show Occupy is still very active in DC, yes? Other articles I've linked show other active locations as well.

Unions are critical to labor, yes many have been corrupted but tossing them aside instead of fixing the problem is silly. It would be like saying well our government doesn't work throw it all away Constitution and all. Unions are being regulated or outright busted in completely retarded ways that harm the worker and don't even begin to address the issue. Much like our current regulations on everything completely mess up everything they're supposed to fix, it seems rather intentional as if to say see regulations don't work. Well of course STUPID regulations won't work how bout we try some smart ones? (Anyway...)

From what I have read about unions via Occupy sources AND from rank and file members of unions is that Occupy has no issues with rank and file and rank and file has no issues with Occupy. The big bosses are a problem. So, I really don't see an issue with unions attatching to Occupy especially when Occupy makes the stance that it does. Also, we again run into this problem of the expectancy of Occupy to denounce and eject people/groups they don't want around, it's just not possible.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
politicians are being forced to take notice of occupy
this cant be ignored any longer
any politicain who belittles americans and sells them out will be removed.
we are being heard

any one care that now reps are saying we will change the world?

xploder

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

You are being used for potential votes, no one else is listening but the politicians because they know if they support you and promise you stuff you will vote for them without a thought. That's what Sheep do. All the wolves are coming for you! Look out!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why do you do that? You base your responses around technicalities when they suit you, a part of my post didn't include OWS... have you seen half your posts on this thread, some with not even a word relating to OWS.

I stated that Iraq was about corporation profits and you chose an opposing view defending. You make jokes and go off thread topic constantly but it's not a problem until you point it out in someone else.

It's like arguing with a teenager who isn't mature enough to acknowledge their own mistakes, but they will certainly point out other peoples'

Our government is actively seeking a war with Iran, our government is hell bent on crashing the economy, all you want to do is sit on an internet website and collect stars from your loyal internet fans...

OWS are the only people doing something.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Drezden because: grammatical

This is a conspiracy theory website, you do not believe in any conspiracies that I can see. You discuss government corruption which is just a fact of life. You also deeply engage in the right vs left distraction that has this country trapped in a downward spiral where people are too busy being divided to actually come together over the government corruption. This is working great for the people in charge.. if they can paint OWS as a far left wing group, then republicans won't want to get involved and actually pose a threat to the corruption. I've also seen you make fun of 9/11 conspiracies. This might as well be a republican message board to you.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

OWS is the only one doing something? Like holding signs and sitting in places where the public gets a good view of what lazy people are like? Thats not doing anything. Occupying is not something you do. Your just there, for whatever reason, trying to make people hear you and raise awareness. Guess what? Everyone already is aware, protesting this is nonsensical as the message is quite clear to the world.

You Occupiers totally lost the concept of protests. Once people are aware they make a choice and we all get to deal with the choice made. Seems like we all choose to keep the status quo after all.....

MISSION FAILED.

When things change in the name of OWS then you can cry victory, even then, how big a victory is debatable.
edit on 22-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

you talk about the property that occupy has distroyed,
while COMPLETELY IGNORING THE DISTRUCTION WRAUGHT BY THE BANKS

you are blinded by hate,
you are being foolish
you are being ignorant

is 1.5 million children living on the streets,
is half of americans living in poverty,
is massive bailouts

NOT DISTROYING YOUR #RY?

are you mad or just stupid?

i balence the destruction of grass and the distruction of a country differently than you

you should be ashamed of your propaganda and misdirection

if you seriously think that banks have not done much more damage you are displaying willfull ignorece

you should be ashamed of yourself
you disgust me
think of the childeren who have NO VOICE, NO MORGAGE AND NO FUTURE

and you complain about grass

if in could really say what i thought of you i would be banned.

gain some perspective you "BLEEP" (self censor)

xploder

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I like how you say "tossing the problem aside is silly" yet you want to toss aside the fed entirely. At least thats what OWS wants.
Yet when it suits some of you, that argument fails.

This is partly why OWS is a joke.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I worry for the children too, especially since many of their parents can't even spell mortgage right.

But hey it's all the bankers fault!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

so you admit the movement is hypocritical at best.. Or the lesser of two evils speech... hmmm maybe we should remember this for the next election.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by XPLodER

You are being used for potential votes, no one else is listening but the politicians because they know if they support you and promise you stuff you will vote for them without a thought. That's what Sheep do. All the wolves are coming for you! Look out!

lol
do you really think that we are THAT stupid,
OWS has studied the tea party,
we know what failed with the tea party,

THAT MUST BE WHY THE MASSIVE CRACK DOWN?
are you for real?
do you really think a leaderless movement can be co opted,
a movement critical of politicans and undue inflence?

we are recording all votes and payment made to politicians,
we are invetigating insider trading,
we are investigating public figars for "working in the private interest while in public office.

do you really think OWS trusts bankers or their pet politicans?

are you trying to be funny?

it not a joke

xp

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join