It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Come spring time I suspect they'll be back.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with you on many different angles but the OWS movement didn't fail. They succeed well beyond there expectations.

I think you're a great member of ATS slayer, i know u don't support the wars, but you should do some research on OWS's seed.

Hey...

I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Now it's time for Booze.
I'm off tomorrow

edit on 22-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with you on many different angles but the OWS movement didn't fail. They succeed well beyond there expectations.

I think you're a great member of ATS slayer, i know u don't support the wars, but you should do some research on OWS's seed.

People have been awake for years,but still have been sleepwalking. OWS would only be victorious,if their goals were cohesive,and not Union bought,or Ideology bought. Unfortunately, That is not the case. It is a movement that has left leaning Ideology. I think many see it that way. That is a big turnoff. So is YOU'RE EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST US. You will get more against it,just because of those supporting that mantra.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

i now understand you are deluded,

Perhaps, but my delusion doesn't involve yelling at buildings thinking I'm actually DOING something..

its ok i understand that with some people apathy can seem like action

Non sequitur. "Apathy" is an attitude, a mental state. Action is a physical event, an actual "doing" of something. Perhaps English is not your first language. If "Apathy" ever "seems like action", one should buy a dictionary so as to avoids confusions like that.

you sit online and complain and when somebody does something you complain "thats not how you do it"

Negative. I would have no complaints if they were actually DOING something, as opposed to making claims of doing.

do you realise there are hundreds of working groups meeting every day?

I think "working" groups is an overly generous characterization.

or has the MSN not metioned that?

I have no idea. I don't deal with Microsoft.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Their motivation isn't altruistic, it's selfish in nature dressed in a false front "fighting for the 99%".

Explain how our motivation isn't altruistic. I'm actually pretty offended by that. That's something I don't even lob at the extreme right which I generally can't stand. People tend to do things because they are motivated to do so, most strongly by beliefs or by money.

True, but in this case, the motivation is disguised by altruism but an underlying issue is what they can get from their "movement".

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
www.nycga.net...

One month ago, we were kicked out of Zuccotti. Today, we had a major action at Canal St. Regardless of whether you support an eventual occupation at that location, it feels like this chapter of Occupy Wall Street is coming to a close. Regardless of the success our movement has in the future, the forceful and criminal eviction of November 15th still hurts. It hurts to be holding GA’s here in an empty park. It hurts to stand here in the cold, fighting for nothing. I do not mean that we don’t stand for principles.

I mean that we don’t have a physical home.

There is nothing here. There are no structures. There is no sign of our community. There is no life. Yes, we are here. But we have become tourists.

Sorry..but as plain as it could be:

But in reality this is what happened to your movement:

You had us all at hello, but failed time and time again to produce a single solution to one problem.

ETA:
B+ for effort...unfortunately it wasn't enough...so back to the drawing boards the rest of us never left!

edit on 12/22/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

link   
I am Joe Six Pack. Part of the sheeple. I go to work, have a family pay my taxes and vote. I try to stay out of trouble. Small town guy. Nobody important. The kind of guy that many hear look down upon as being brain washed, misinformed, and all that other intellectual superiority jazz. I will readily concede that you are smarter and clearer thinking than I. Those are my credentials. I am a nobody and completely okay with that.

Yeah, I see the problems. You are not a special, gifted free-thinker because you see corruption, greed, lies, conspiracies, and secretly are pissed off that a few people are coming out with cushier gigs than you have. OWS did give pop culture a new name: The evil 1%. Okay, we now have a punching bag. A rallying call, I guess. Neat. But identifying problems and giving it a name are about the societal equivalent of having a blog. It ain't that special. Nobody really is. Including you and including me.

I never could latch on to how camping out in some major cities for awhile was anything other than a temporary publicity gig for people who have a lot more time on their hands than I do. If that is your cup of tea, cool. Go with it. I did not see the point. You are not sticking it to the man or changing the world. When the celebrity limousine liberals started making cameos, I pretty much got the picture. You did make some nice news footage for the TV and give the Drudge Report some eye catching headlines. Hey, you might even have grabbed more than your 15 minutes of fame! Something for the family album. You made people listen to you! Excellent.

As a sheeple with no standing to say anything intelligent on these boards, I feel liberated in saying the OP is basically correct. If the sits ins and rallys and occupy movements desire to continue, hey, good on you. It's America. Protest all you want. Venting and letting others around you know that you are angry is really important to some people. Share the misery. Call out the bad guys. But please do try and have some fun with it and lighten up a bit.

If you are out to change history, make a difference, effect change and all that, cool. Go for it. Now you are thinking like the 1%. You have to have ambitions and think big in order to get people to agree with you. If you can perfect the art of raising money, you could even be a politician. Maybe even open a bank. You guys have more in common with the 1% than you think: the desire to make other people behave and play by your rules. Yours are just better and more fair. Embrace your ambitions. Just make sure to take plenty of photos and post them on the net.

link   

so do you save the banks?

No. I don't deal with banks at all, and can't imagine caring less whether or not they are "saved".

the choise
we can either have a rational resoluition to the forclosure process or
protect the capital structure of the banks which should we do?

I don't care if you burn the banks to the ground. I don't deal with them. See above.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe its because im from another country, i never saw it as "with us or against us". I also don't believe it was how the protest was meant to be forwarded.

The occupy where i live wasn't good, i saw it from day one and never got involved(am i eating my own foot?). The stereotype certainly existed and people took advantage of that. Like many others im part of the system(i need work 5/6 days a week) because if i don't i lose my food, car, and a roof over my head(not to mention we're all "saving" for something right?)
edit on 22-12-2011 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

edit.

I love the posts saying "Well if you think there is a problem, come up with a better solution."

OBVIOUSLY if it was that easy for civilization to move up and discover new ways to better ourselfs it wouldn't be a problem that needs a solution.

Better, smarter and more understanding people must take a stand, but once again they are part of the problem of class war, your not in my pay grade, you must be a peasant. To put it bluntly.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

watch this vid to understand my viewpoint

tax trade and banking effects on countries
very informative

educate yourself

xploder

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by beezzer

Who is this "their"?

How about mine?

I'm a disabled vet with a shattered mind and body and support the OWS movement because I swore to "defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC."

The biggest threat I see is from the Globalist Banksters who are destroying our Constitution and economy!

OWS is not a "their", it is the population of our great nation standing up and saying this is bull!!!!!!!!!

Stop taking all our money and giving us the middle finger... the banks getting bailed out and we're getting sold out!
edit on 21-12-2011 by pianopraze because: clarification

Nice rant but the bankers aren't just taking the money.

They're being given the money by the politicians.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I can't watch videos on this machine. is this your way of saying you can't explain your viewpoint with your OWN words?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

deny ignorance huh?

/god - Lets judge this poster because his explaining over a youtube video which explains more than his own words can accomplish.

/satan- you're crazy god.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

How many times do we repeat deny ignorance on this site how much do we repeat the media deceives us at every level. But yet i see people on this thread really either showing there true colors or being ignorant and complacent with whats going on. You all may be able to sit and type your little rants and raves about how they effected your work week and bothered you and your day. You all sound just like the bankers and the rich elitist's that dictate our lives and how we should live. You don't sound like people who want to stand up for yourselves or your rights so while those of you who think its all over and OWS didn't accomplish $h!t you need to STOP watching the dam corrupt news on it and participate or at least check it out yourself. The media portray's it as a bunch of loonies but they do that to Ron Paul also so go figure wake up people stop turning on each other and work together as a whole we can achieve our goals together divided we give them hope. Love you all Merry Christmas

edit on 22-12-2011 by Godhood because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by Godhood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've had many mixed feeling about the Occupy Movement.

However, it seems to fall victim to human nature as with everything else, I'm from Australia, and I know it's probably not all the time, but the majority feeling you get with the Occupy Movement was more about how loud we can shout about the problems.

It's most likely been said a dozen times before, but without solutions, what do we propose to fix??

It's fine to have ideals, and good intentions, but last time I looked it was Laws and Regulations that run a country, not the people, we elect representatives, that we vote in, and they make hairball decisions, we jump up and down for a while, and then go to the vote again to do it all over again.

Unless we "overthrow" the leaders, not much is gonna happen... and I don't think there is a peaceful way to do that. And who the hell takes their place.??

I hope the Occupy movement finds it's feet, and finds solid direction and continues the little bit of good that has come of it. I'm sure there are more aware of the worlds plight, it's just a hard slog, when most of the people you need on the front lines for the movement, can't afford to take time off work to get there. . .

Unfortunately the world need a few of rouge billionaires to go against the grain.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I can't watch videos on this machine. is this your way of saying you can't explain your viewpoint with your OWN words?

i will boil it down for you,
the politicians have exempted themselves from insider trading laws so we cannt prosicute them,
but the politicians have given privliged information to wall street bankers and they have profited off the insider info,
and then given preferential IPOs and stock purchace agreements with garenteed payoffs.

when we get enough proof it will be realeased with the connections to politicians,

this is a two part stratagy and you are only looking at the first part,
when people see the direct payoffs to the corrup politicians from wall street to repay insider knowledge,
the politicians will be unelectable.

the wall street bankers will be in jail,
and change will happen
all you need at this stage is faith that others will work tirelessly to achive this
and that the corruption once seen can not be hidden away again.

we have dirt on nearly half of the people involved,
we are waiting on others investigation to complete the evidence part of the OWS movement.

then the truth really hits the fan

and people will see the scammers for who they are and how they work
piece and light

xploder

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

They do keep going back to the parks and keep getting thrown out. The premise of camping is having a 24/7 transparent movement a central gathering place open to all to organize actions and ideas. Protests are one of the forms of action decided by consensus at General Assemblies within the camps which are open to anyone choosing to contribute to.

You have a very valid point here. Not to be unkind or facetious, but it appears that the very transparency you mention had a lot to do with the failure of this phase of the OWS plan. They were so transparent that most of us could see right through them. It didn't help that the very people they were continually claiming to represent (i.e. everyone not in "the 1%") could clearly SEE that they were not being represented by OWS at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

deny ignorance huh?

/god - Lets judge this poster because his explaining over a youtube video which explains more than his own words can accomplish.

/satan- you're crazy god.

What the hell have deities to do with this?

Seriously!

If I can't watch the video, it doesn't explain jack to me. it may be very good. it may have won an academy award. Still, If I can't watch it, it communicates NOTHING to me, awards or not.

What was your point again? I think I may have missed that one, too.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Occupy Wall Street may be over, but Occupy the White House is just around the corner. OWH will bring 1,000,000 people, if not that then close to it, to the steps of the White House and its corrupt 1%. OWH will not fail, they will realize that they cannot win in this battle 99 to 1. They will fall. Governments should fear their citizens, and rightfully so, because we are the Anonymous 99%, and we are legion.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

In all sincerity, good luck with that. As I said before, I don't care if you burn 'em to the ground.

If what you say here is truly the goal, then it REALLY seems to me that the strategy is lacking, and any effort expended is misdirected, but do as you will. After all, it's YOUR movement, not mine.

Please, for the love of all you hold dear, stop claiming to represent people like me, and doing so in company of 20th century Marxist slogans. That's bound to create friction your movement can ill afford at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join