It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Occupation has Failed

page: 11
49
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 



But if the message was something tangible,with real goals,not nifty slogans like "Eat the Rich" OWS might have had a better response. People are tired,but OWS didn't/hasn't given the MAJORITY of Americans something they can believe in. IF OWS would have been Occupy Washington DC,or Occupy the Capital,It would have been MILLIONS. Have you seen Congresses approval ratings ? That tells you were the majority believe the problems lay. If OWS would have gathered petitions to recall ALL of congress,or even the President,you would have seen this movement take shape.


i will ensure your ideas are raised
thank you for contributing ideas to the cause

xploder




posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Please stop making me want to punt puppies lol


There is and has been for quite a while now Occupy DC and Occupy KStreet. I have told you this so many times. As of a few days ago protesters were arrested for protesting on the sidewalk in front of the Whitehouse against the NDAA. There have been many daily protests outside of the Capitol and along lobbyist offices etc...AND as more camps are getting evicted more people are deciding to head to DC.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by sonnny1
 



But if the message was something tangible,with real goals,not nifty slogans like "Eat the Rich" OWS might have had a better response. People are tired,but OWS didn't/hasn't given the MAJORITY of Americans something they can believe in. IF OWS would have been Occupy Washington DC,or Occupy the Capital,It would have been MILLIONS. Have you seen Congresses approval ratings ? That tells you were the majority believe the problems lay. If OWS would have gathered petitions to recall ALL of congress,or even the President,you would have seen this movement take shape.


i will ensure your ideas are raised
thank you for contributing ideas to the cause

xploder


I actually did raise this with a few supporters at my local OWS. They were too busy holding their pro Union signs,and recalling the Republican Governor signs. Not once did I see a sign to recall the sitting Democrat Senator,or those Democrats who ran from their Job,while My state was going through its mess. Thats BIPARTISAN DISAPPROVAL for ya. Again,I saw liberal/left ideology more often then not,in the signs,and the rhetoric. The majority wanted JOBS. Period. We have a sitting President that cant get this country going. We have a infrastructure problem in this country. It is not hard to put people back to work,if you have a plan. I see no plan.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
No, I should think not.. you're already too busy loosing sleep over the heinous crime of public defecation that blights all public land surrounding OWS camps. What kind of sick and twisted socialist heathens would do such a thing? Where is the humanity!? Godlessness..


Well I'm glad somebody else realizes how bad the situation truly is.



It's just like those U.S. troops who would defecate all over Iraqi front yards whenever their convoys stopped.


You mean like these?




My son was in this one. He made it home safely...




How's the shoe leather tasting right about now?


The U.S. military was fighting for corporations rights to plunder Iraq..



Meanwhile all the Biggest oil Contracts went to Russia and China and the US is pulling out the last of our troops in about 8 or 9 days.




Well OWS is fighting for the actual citizens and not the corporations..


The only thing most of them are fighting for is a fee lunch, Bigger Government and handouts and most don't even realize they are.


so if a few of them can't find a bathroom that is fine.. especially when "few" is the key word. It's not an epidemic. Stop picking all these small things and stating them as if each individual thing is enough to condemn the whole of OWS and warrant the immediate end of it.


Hey...

I'm glad you are preoccupied with the health of their bowel movements. I think they should have thought about that before they decided to Squat in the parks thinking they'll change the world.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace
 

As a foreigner, I look forward to see what will happen next....

Will there be more protests next year?
Maybe with a more improved campaign?
Will this movement gain momentum again when the hope for Ron Paul dies in 2012?
Is there any hope for a strong and united grassroots movement in the US at all, or is the will of the people already broken?



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Please stop making me want to punt puppies lol


There is and has been for quite a while now Occupy DC and Occupy KStreet. I have told you this so many times. As of a few days ago protesters were arrested for protesting on the sidewalk in front of the Whitehouse against the NDAA. There have been many daily protests outside of the Capitol and along lobbyist offices etc...AND as more camps are getting evicted more people are deciding to head to DC.


But where are The MILLIONS??????

If OWS was this force you say it is,they should have the majority eating out of its hands. You have to admit,there was no real agenda,except OCCUPYING WALL STREET. You cant wing it as you go. It doesnt work. Why didnt the President "bailout" the American Public? You keep telling me more people are going there,but I dont see it. You have a source on how many? Growth rate per week or month? Or are we counting sleeping bags??
edit on 22-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Showing a few personal photos of a convoy doesn't negate the FACT that U.S. soldiers defecated on Iraqi public land so much more than OWS has done.

I finally understand you, I felt you were a military shill, but I didn't want to say it because it would fuel one of your deflection rants about how I'm making assumptions and then you'd ignore and drop the discussion points I bring up.

No truth I can say will help you see reason. You're too blinded by propaganda. It's a shame you see the government corruption just like Fox news wants you to.. but you stop short of doing anything real about it.. just like Fox news wants you to. You are a perfectly controlled far right conservative.. just what the corporations want.. a very controllable conservative who won't actually interfere in our criminal government's happening.

The biggest tragedy is that you "don't watch fox news"



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   


Why do we stick up for a system or institution we live in—a government, company, or marriage—even when anyone else can see it is failing miserably? Why do we resist change even when the system is corrupt or unjust? A new article in Current Directions in Psychological Science, a journal published by the Association for Psychological Science, illuminates the conditions under which we’re motivated to defend the status quo—a process called “system justification.”


www.psychologicalscience.org...

A bit of this syndrome around here



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
I finally understand you


Don't be so cocked sure....


I felt you were a military shill, but I didn't want to say it because it would fuel one of your deflection rants about how I'm making assumptions and then you'd ignore and drop the discussion points I bring up.


Semper Fi.


No truth I can say will help you see reason. You're too blinded by propaganda. It's a shame you see the government corruption just like Fox news wants you to.. but you stop short of doing anything real about it.. just like Fox news wants you to. You are a perfectly controlled far right conservative.. just what the corporations want.. a very controllable conservative who won't actually interfere in our criminal government's happening.


I don't watch FOX News. so....


The biggest tragedy is that you "don't watch fox news"


I guess you just lost your rant crutch eh?



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209


Why do we stick up for a system or institution we live in—a government, company, or marriage—even when anyone else can see it is failing miserably? Why do we resist change even when the system is corrupt or unjust? A new article in Current Directions in Psychological Science, a journal published by the Association for Psychological Science, illuminates the conditions under which we’re motivated to defend the status quo—a process called “system justification.”


www.psychologicalscience.org...

A bit of this syndrome around here



Leftists... claim that human development flourishes when individuals engage in cooperative, mutually respectful relations that can thrive only when excessive differences in status, power, and wealth are eliminated. According to leftists, a society without substantial equality will distort the development of not only deprived persons, but also those whose privileges undermine their motivation and sense of social responsibility. This suppression of human development, together with the resentment and conflict engendered by sharp class distinctions, will ultimately reduce the efficiency of the economy.


Link



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


I said a force?
A census hasn't been taken, that's the chatter and on some Occupy sites, they're beginning to raise money or allocate already raised money towards moving protesters to DC. I imagine it will be huge in the spring because yes, some (not all) aren't sturdy enough or simply don't want to camp in the cold.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

some education is in order
if you dont understand the con watch the vid
very informative

xp



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1
 


I said a force?
A census hasn't been taken, that's the chatter and on some Occupy sites, they're beginning to raise money or allocate already raised money towards moving protesters to DC. I imagine it will be huge in the spring because yes, some (not all) aren't sturdy enough or simply don't want to camp in the cold.


You are going to need the force of the entire Nation.
You wont get there with 5% of the so called 99%.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So, how a few vocally established members from a free to join protest movement that will go out of there way to obviously get more media attention than others, destroys the entire "business plan" of the group?

Surely somebody has the statement made by Anon saved for the occupy movement before it was even started...?

This reminds me of American ads when they claimed universal health care is communism (and you don't want to be a commy, DO YOU?)
edit on 22-12-2011 by SethGecko because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by SethGecko because: GRAMMAR ERROR, FORGIVE ME PLZ (>^_^)>



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Drezden
I finally understand you


Don't be so cocked sure....


I felt you were a military shill, but I didn't want to say it because it would fuel one of your deflection rants about how I'm making assumptions and then you'd ignore and drop the discussion points I bring up.


Semper Fi.


No truth I can say will help you see reason. You're too blinded by propaganda. It's a shame you see the government corruption just like Fox news wants you to.. but you stop short of doing anything real about it.. just like Fox news wants you to. You are a perfectly controlled far right conservative.. just what the corporations want.. a very controllable conservative who won't actually interfere in our criminal government's happening.


I don't watch FOX News. so....


The biggest tragedy is that you "don't watch fox news"


I guess you just lost your rant crutch eh?


The point I was trying to make is that even though you don't watch Fox news, you are a minion of it's neo-conservative propaganda.. Sure you support the constitution.. but you support unjustifiable wars and refuse to see the real reason behind it, (you better check the american companies that have profited off of iraq through weapons deals AND oil), Let us not forget that months before the invasion of Iraq, they stopped dealing their oil in dollars, and the SECOND we took control of Iraq they started dealing their oil in dollars again.. you don't see any foul play in 9/11, and you think OWS is bad because of those who say it has communist or socialist ideals.

You regurgitate all this Fox news anti-OWS propaganda.. yet you don't watch Fox news.. that is the tragedy.. you are a victim of conditioning and propaganda and you aren't even plugged into the main source.. that is how pervasive and manipulative our corporate government is.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden
 


I don't think slayer has ever defended the wars, i don't agree with his views on OTW but nobodies perfect



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Force isn't really in my vocabulary, I can only hope that americans can unite behind occupy and I'm no prophet so I can't say whether they will or won't. Regardless, I will continue to support and I'm hoping I can get there late spring for a few days (I have a son and a job, I can't just pick up and go). I came across this article just now, I hope you and others will take some time to read it all. It's a good unbiased report (good and bad in my opinion) about DC.

wired.com



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
The point I was trying to make is that even though you don't watch Fox news


This is a good thing.

Am I the thread topic?


Sure you support the constitution..


Damn right!


but you support unjustifiable wars and refuse to see the real reason behind it,


As I said earlier

Don't be so cocked sure.

I've stated many times here at ATS that I did not support the wars but support the troops.
Politicians declared those wars not the Soldier.

What does this have to do with the thread topic?


(you better check the american companies that have profited off of iraq through weapons deals AND oil), Let us not forget that months before the invasion of Iraq, they stopped dealing their oil in dollars, and the SECOND we took control of Iraq they started dealing their oil in dollars again.. you don't see any foul play in 9/11, and you think OWS is bad because of those who say it has communist or socialist ideals.


Yeah and all of this has what to do with OWS failing?



You regurgitate all this Fox news anti-OWS propaganda.. yet you don't watch Fox news..


Well apparently you do.
How else would you have such intimate knowledge of what they're spewing?

Again....
What does this have to do with OWS Failing?



that is the tragedy.. you are a victim of conditioning and propaganda and you aren't even plugged into the main source.. that is how pervasive and manipulative our corporate government is.


I appreciate the second grade level psychoanalysis.




posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When Americans back in the 1800's wanted something done they didnt walk around waving painted slogans on paper on sticks. When we didnt have leaders with deaf ears in the 1800's the people didnt sit around waiting for police to brutaliaze them.

Do you think the American Revolution was won this way? Did you think occupy wall street would work with these notions? If only they would attack our protest with pistols and a death toll like they do in eqypt; then you would see a real reaction from the people in earnest.
The oposition is killing us with a peaceful reaction...just like the protesters are killing the movement with a peaceful endeavor.
Of course people have been pepper sprayed and hit with batons...but have there been any police deaths? have their been any civilian deaths? NO.

I am a peaceful person, and wish to not convey violence...I am simply referring to the blood that has shaped our history of change.



posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


I agree with you on many different angles but the OWS movement didn't fail. They succeed well beyond there expectations.

I think you're a great member of ATS slayer, i know u don't support the wars, but you should do some research on OWS's seed.



new topics

top topics



 
49
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join