It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.nycga.net...

One month ago, we were kicked out of Zuccotti. Today, we had a major action at Canal St. Regardless of whether you support an eventual occupation at that location, it feels like this chapter of Occupy Wall Street is coming to a close. Regardless of the success our movement has in the future, the forceful and criminal eviction of November 15th still hurts. It hurts to be holding GA’s here in an empty park. It hurts to stand here in the cold, fighting for nothing. I do not mean that we don’t stand for principles.

I mean that we don’t have a physical home.

There is nothing here. There are no structures. There is no sign of our community. There is no life. Yes, we are here. But we have become tourists.

This is great.
These people have attempted to stop people from getting to work. By shutting down subways and ports.
They harassed holiday shoppers.
They delayed gifts by shutting down ports.
They shut down parks.
They got the homeless evicted.. who had nowhere else to go and in some cases were cleaner then the Occupiers.
They committed numerous violent/sexual crimes.
They rejected what the American people saw with their OWN eyes.

They started bad rumors such as the marines are coming.. One military man came and he got his ass kicked.

They tried to play the police brutality card... But after all the actions of above, the American people came to the conclusion these people deserved it.

I could not be happier that it's over....
No more smells,
No more drums.
edit on 21-12-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Dec 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+123 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

The Occupation has succeeded in ways you will never know.
Isn't this more of a rant?

No star, no flag for disparaging people who at least tried to effect change.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have a great idea for all the money collected. Donate it here:

www.ronpaul2012.com...

What?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think that's a fair statement. It is pretty much over. I know some folks say it'll wake up in the spring. But I really don't see it. America has moved on. OWS never really spoke for 99% of Americans, even though it claimed to. It's over. Started out good ... but epic fail.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The Occupation has succeeded in ways you will never know.
Isn't this more of a rant?

No star, no flag for disparaging people who at least tried to effect change.

edit on 21-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Is it a rant because it's something you don't want to hear?
The Occupiers tried to reject and hide the views of others...Didn't quite work now did it?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Getting the word out was the intended purpose which they did. Like any sport it was seasonal and their season has concluded.

It doesn't much matter , the Ron Paul movement only benefited from OWS which is of considerably more significance.

Simply look at the Polls....

Ron Paul - Anti-Fed

Mitt Romney - Pro Fed

Newt Gingrich - Over Fed

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
An initial phase, once you see the police's true colors. The people must test the limits before moving on to additional phase's of perception about how they will be treated by the people who are supposed to be working for them. "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."

+58 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is great. These people have attempted to stop people from getting to work. By shutting down subways and ports. They harassed holiday shoppers. They delayed gifts by shutting down ports. They shut down parks. They got the homeless evicted.. who had nowhere else to go and in some cases were cleaner then the Occupiers. They committed numerous violent/sexual crimes. They rejected what the American people saw with their OWN eyes. They started bad rumors such as the marines are coming.. One military man came and he got his ass kicked. They tried to play the police brutality card... But after all the actions of above, the American people came to the conclusion these people deserved it. I could not be happier that it's over.... No more smells, No more drums.

Yeah, and when you lose everything from your savings to your house and finally your right to be a human being, will you then be as happy as you are now?

You forgot to mention one other thing they did...and that is stand up for YOUR rights. But no, your inconvenienced life is worth more than the millions that are losing everything because of what they stood against.

Maybe they lost because YOU didn't stand up.

So go ahead, be happy. At least you have that right...for now at least.

Peace

edit on 21-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not sure where you are getting your news from - Occupy is far from dead and far from over...it is the Holiday season so it is a bit slower but they are coming up with new strategies every day...and will even have a New Years Eve party...

Occupy Wall Street is taking it to the streets of areas hit hard by foreclosures around the country today. In New York, protesters are taking a tour of foreclosed homes in East New York, which will ultimately end with them "occupying" a property in an attempt to keep its residents from being evicted.

Check out the livestream here. Protesters are setting up at the house right now, reportedly at 702 Vermont Ave. . Maybe their next target could be one of the foreclosures processed by infamously shady New York foreclosure mill the Steven J. Baum firm.

Link

Also...keep in mind that the White House will be occupied on January 17th...

Now, protesters say they plan to Occupy Congress on Jan. 17, in the “largest Occupy protest ever!”

The protest is being timed with the start of the 2012 legislative session for Congress. Protesters say they hope to set up 1 million tents in front of the Capitol. “We’re taking the movement straight to their doorstep,” the protest’s Facebook page wrote.

Occupy Congress

Follow the links in the article for more information...I am inclined to think your letter is either propaganda or from a disillusioned Occupier...because he is not speaking for all of us. I was at Occupy Oakland Port and helped shut down the ports for four shifts...and many of the truck drivers were hanging out chatting with us despite the fact that we were impacting their daily wage...they were okay with it.

So no...the Occupation has not failed...we have only just begun...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I never thought a bunch of people standing around would change the world. Blood will have to be shed before change will come about. To make an umlaut, you have to break a few eggs.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Too bad they didnt think of it before the tea party did! lol

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The occupation did not fail IMO, it woke alot more people up
these protests are nothing compared to what is comming. People are going to have a choice to make, stand and fight or ignore it and die. Simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The propaganda worked its magic on a lot of people

It's a sad time for America

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Star, flag and a million thanks to those other members of ATS who didn't stand for this OWS BS.

At least some of us have brains to think for ourselves and not be swept up in this crap like the good little sheeple the rest of you are who supported these idiots.

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
At least some of us have brains to think for ourselves and not be swept up in this crap like the good little sheeple the rest of you are who supported these idiots.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

The OWS movement is based on the fact that legislation is being bought for corporate interest/profit rather than public interest.

The OWS movement is based on illegal banking practices that are screwing honest hardworking citizens out of what is theirs so that the banks can retake previously owned capital so they can sell it again.

The OWS movement is motivated at correcting a system of loopholes that favors the rich and screws over everyone else.

This BS about doing what the system has allotted for you only allows those with the proximity to money and political influence to continue structuring a legality to fit their interests only...

Me thinks you may not be paying attention and automatically buy into inadequate rhetoric/philosophy that was designed to make you feel good about obeying a crooked system.

Nope, I'm not an idiot and any automatic accusation of such, directly or indirectly, means nothing to me...and inclines me to not take you very seriously.

Cheers, Mate...

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It failed from the first day.. when they went to wall street and had yoga classes. They alienated the vast majority of the country. They had some legit issues to gripe about, no doubt, but they did it in a way that simply excluded so many. Maybe the next movement won't be done by idealistic children living off their mommies allowance telling us working people how we need to pay more taxes so they can enjoy a free ride.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Although I supported the General Premise and still do. I think Many members shot themselves in the foot and turned people off whenever anybody would raise legitimate questions or concerns about activities and associations that were either carried out by OWS members or in OWS's name and were all too often shown the door with the attitude of...

You are either with us or against us

&

We are the 99%

edit on 21-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As well as taking every possible stance in the book. Without leadership anyone can stand up and say they are OWS. OWS a few days ago had a rally here for ...... wait for it ..... illegal immigrant "rights". Asshats.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So that is all she wrote? In principle they were on to something, but over time too many cooks ruined the soup. Too many ideas being thrown around, and I believe their true intent got lost in the confusion. Anyway, winter is here and camping out in the middle of the park is not the most comfortable affair. This is not the last of them, and they will probably be back in the warmer months? They were getting a lot of heat by the authorities, city governments, and residents. Under those circumstances, continuing any kind of demonstrations would equate to overkill. Best of luck next time!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Quitters never win and considering the demographics of OWS everyone who was paying attention knew the outcome never fear tho Government will still legislate success for the bunch of losers.

Sounds harsh maybe have little respect for OWS or their supporters but read through any OWS thread on this website and sure enough the writing was on the wall the first day.

Did people really expect a "victory" based off lies and mass deception for failed left wing social engineering that led them to get "mad"?

They were the 99% who still think they are winners which is par for the course considering their under lying political belief system.

We won they say We accomplished "things" yadda yadda yadda and the evil "police state" won out

Oh be sure they aren't gone they are plotting and planning for their next coup d'etat that's what all good little "revolutionaires" do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join