It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over 49'er stadium before blackout?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It was all a perspective thing -- plus the fact that the camera was moving.

Here's an example. Hold up a finger at arm's length in front of you and look at your finger. Now -- keeping your eyes fixed on your finger, move your head from side-to-side. Your finger will appear to stay in the same place relative to your field of view, but the background objects behind you finger will appear to move.

The same thing is happening here. Your moving head is like the camera -- which was in a moving blimp, and was panning to keep the stadium centered as the blimp moved. The stadium is analogous to your finger, always staying centered in the camera's field of view. The objects behind the stadium, just like the objects behind you finger, will appear to move relative to the "still" stadium due to the camera's changing perspective.

So that's all this probably was -- lights on the ground beyond the stadium.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

They are not lights beyond the stadium, they are lights below the camera and in front of the stadium that are being reflected off glass. The lights are appearing way above the horizon line, therefore they are a reflection.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Also you can take the stars and flags back. It wouldn't hurt my feelings.

As a matter of fact, Who is the Mod on this forum? Maybe I could get them to change the Title to "Tricky illusion, resembles ufo over Candlestick"

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
was that a EMP?
it makes the helo go funny?

Why would an EMP only seemingly only affect one helicopter and the power in a stadium?

Besides, I think that helicopter was there after the blackout to give a report of the story. There is no indication that the helicopter video froze up at the same time as the blackout.

It could have simply been a live video feed freezing up, as live video feeds often do -- especially live feeds from a moving helicopter.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
They are not lights beyond the stadium, they are lights below the camera and in front of the stadium that are being reflected off glass. The lights are appearing way above the horizon line, therefore they are a reflection.

That is another possibility. However because of the angle of the camera (which was in the air), the ground beyond the stadium would also be visible, like in this Google Earth representation:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Aweee!
No way darlin! You should NOT be apologizing!
This was a great thread-
first of all, GNARLY illusion, it freaked me out for a sec- then I was like,
HEY waaaaaaaai-a-minuuuuute!

It really was educational, and you've been a great thread host

Looks like you're gonna be stuck in Groundhog's Day with the way these posts are going

(not sure if peeps be trollololin' or serious? lol)

At least enjoy this super neat vid about perspective in the mean time!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Who could have guessed the ETs were such huge sports fans? Or maybe its the opposite, hence the blackout.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Thanks tinydancer.

I never meant for this thread to be deceiving in any way. I never thought I would want one of my own threads to die, even after I sided against myself. I've seen it time and time again, people not reading an entire thread and its evolution of consensus.

If anything can be taken from this thread, I hope at least it's been a learning experience of how an optical illusion can resemble a ufo. I know I've learned from it. So thanks again.
edit on 22-12-2011 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth
reply to post by zorgon

Erm but we have checked other footage
thier was no blimp in the area
edit on 21-12-2011 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

No Blimp in the area? I may be wrong but there is at least one blimp at all Monday Night Football games.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yea, a giant ufo flew over the stadium and no one in the crowd noticed it lol. The video quality is too crappy for me to immediately know what it is but there's no reason to jump to conclusions like a giant ufo that thousands of people in attendance all fail to notice. Thanks to the smart people in this thread who put this one to rest with some critical thinking, but of course there's "believers" who don't accept any explanation other than the one that they want /sigh.
edit on 22-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speakerofthetruth
reply to post by zorgon

Erm but we have checked other footage
thier was no blimp in the area
edit on 21-12-2011 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

Maybe there was or wasn't a blimp, but even if there wasn't, then maybe the camera was in a helicopter.
Obviously the camera shots were taken from the air, and I doubt the camera got there on its own.

Speakerofthetruth --
are you trying to say that the camera angle was NOT taken from up in the air??

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If there is a glare that affects the viewing of the footage you should probably turn the lights off that are causing the glare.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Things must be getting thin around here. The NFL has always blacked out home town games to hometown
viewers unless it's a playoff game. No UFO conspiracy going on here and I don't think the NFL has a team called the Reptillians or anything yet. I saw some lights reflecting off the screen, not the 49ers leaving the stadium
on their way back to orion. There will be no halftime disclosure at the superbowl so don't even start.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, if nothing else, we got to listen to the OP's sexy voice for a few minutes. LMAO

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I guess the Aliens have their own coverage of the game

Go Steelers! (does it count as a second?)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

without ANY doubt it was a blimp . all game long as i watched this game [live] the fans were given aerial shots from the blimp many times . and to blow all this up into a UFO has brought me a sustained deep belly laughs

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Occam's Razor wins again!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Lol. Thanks

...I give up. Ya'll have fun.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
you maybe on to something (I was watching the game) but... when the transformer exploded (and they showed it) it was quite an explosion!!! Maybe not a UFO but something strange is up there...

but back to your topic... yeah... a whole stadium of people... not ONE saw it? come on....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
After watching this video, I am a believer in all the UFO theories... This was definitely a giant alien space ship.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Are you serious? An EMP?

Look at the video I linked which was taken from the blimp over the stadium. It was a transformer. It blew up. It happens all the time.

Sorry kids, no UFO, no EMP.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join