It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

establishment is done. payroll tax is the final nail. ron paul support will increase exponentially

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul is already surging so that is not a prediction just the truth, but my prediction is in the coming new year, with the payroll tax in place, the people will grow to resent taxes so much they have no choice but to vote for the tax payers best friend, Dr. Ron Paul.

The tea party movement has clearly failed in living up to their ideal of 'taxed enough already', aparently we haven't been taxed enough, but I'm predicting that will soon change.
edit on 21-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You know, I'm going to be amused if Ron Paul turns into the Antichrist or something like that. Mean look at everyone surging for him, and just watch once he gets in office....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place: I feel the need to vote against my Congresscritter in the coming election .. but it would mean supporting a Democrat .. last time I supported a Democrat to oust a Republican we got Obamacare rammed down our throats and a tax increase as well!

There needs to be an easier way to fire politicians.

I don't know if it will kindle support for Ron Paul though. People like their free services from Government, Ron Paul aims to do away with most of it. His administration would likely grind the Government to a halt. On another note ... Vote for Paul!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by filosophia

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place: I feel the need to vote against my Congresscritter in the coming election .. but it would mean supporting a Democrat .. last time I supported a Democrat to oust a Republican we got Obamacare rammed down our throats and a tax increase as well!

There needs to be an easier way to fire politicians.

I don't know if it will kindle support for Ron Paul though. People like their free services from Government, Ron Paul aims to do away with most of it. His administration would likely grind the Government to a halt. On another note ... Vote for Paul!

Grinding the government to a halt sounds like a real good idea. They'd no longer be a hindrance to economic prosperity for everyone.

Still, those who don't want to work for a living would complain that their free ride has gone away.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You don't have to vote for a Democrat if you're congressman is a Republican. Just vote for a more fiscally conservative Republican in the primary.

Now about this payroll tax, I was under the impression that what they were referring to is the withholding for Social Security. I thought that was NOT a tax, but merely a sort of deduction that we are supposed to get back when we're "retired". At least I thought that was what FDR said. Now, by stopping the collection of this withholding, I suppose that means that President Obama is actually indirectly wanting to defund Social Security without coming out and saying so.

Then again, the folks in congress were never supposed to use all the monies taken out for Social Security for other spending projects. Of course, they weren't supposed to mess with all the money that the Postal Service was getting either.

edit on 21-12-2011 by davidchin because: fix spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
You know, I'm going to be amused if Ron Paul turns into the Antichrist or something like that. Mean look at everyone surging for him, and just watch once he gets in office....

It kind of reminds me of Obama's "change". You can get elected just by overusing a word that, unfortunately, he refused to back up. High hope for him as well, and then someone flushed.

new topics

top topics

join