It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Sending In 50 Federal Agents To Take Over AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaios' Jails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I ran a search on this and much to my suprise an a similar story was posted over 2 years ago. So all this huffin and puffin by Obama has been going on for that long at least. Time shows our sheriff is a not a man to be intimidated. If they actually try, I bet the Az militia will step in if asked. Should be an interesting and precedent setting event.
LA Times
This link is from the story posted 2 years ago.
AboveTopSecret

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Just another example of Federal government over reaching its bounds, and trampling on states rights....

We need Paul , now more than ever...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Funny how the LA Times picked up on this, but there is no mention in the Arizona Republic about it. Only this:

www.azcentral.com...

And it doesn't even mention this specific case. This is more than just the Feds trying to trample over the rights of states. Arpaio isn't paranoid when he tells people that "they're out to get me". They really are.

It all comes down to the fact that Arpaio clings to old fashioned values, which I admire, while evreything and everyone else is changing around him. There's also the fact, even though it's not legally proven, that Arpaio does whatever the hell he wants with his office. Be it legal or not. THAT part about him I don't agree with. Is he a blowhard? Yes. Does he crave the limelight? Definitely. Does he get his job done? Yes. Does he follow the letter of the law when it comes to his own office? Not hardly. The long and short of it all is, that Arpaio makes it really hard to be liked. And ask him if he cares.

So why has he held the same elected office for 20 years? Because people keep voting for him, obviously. The problem there is that if you look at the demographics of WHO is voting for him, you'll see that the vast majority are senior citizens. The same ones who live here 6 months out of the year, long enough to give them residence status so they CAN vote, then go back up to Canada, or somewhere else up north, where they belong. Smowbirds. That's why Arpaio is still in office.

I've been in this state for 25 years now, 20 in Maricopa county, and with the constant influx of new residents in that county, especially from California, it surprises me that he still is in office. It just goes to show that people would rather bitch about a problem rather than vote it out.

And ICE? Napalitano used to be in charge down here, now she's in charge of Homeland Security whom ICE answers to. She didn't like Arpaio then and she still doesn't. I'm hard pressed to find a politician who does. Arpaio seems to find new ways of being a thorn in their side. He just doesn't like to play nice. Politically motivated? I'd have to say so. Arpaio is right about that one. But being the stubborn old goat that he is, he won't go down without a fight. It's sad to watch really. It's kind of like how Brett Favre stuck with NFL football longer than he should have. You're watching a man who at once was at the top of his game go down to become a caricature of himself.

It's time for Arpaio to step down gracefully because he is simply unable to change with the times. But being the type of man he is, I don't think that's going to happen. He would look at it like he's losing a fight.

join