It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Police Have to Buy Their Own Guns?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Very well met! This brings a bigger problem into the picture and definitely a problem with using regulated weapons. Maybe we could create a new job to constantly audit police funds to assure that something like that doesn't happen?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
but the guy who audits it has to be audited to ensure they are legit and therefore their auditor has to be checked as well so theres no funny business which will probably cost more than just bulk buying x weapons every year to replace those that are going 'out of warranty' so to speak

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

in that case it should be, your call, if you can afford it then yes by it, it not one will be issued to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

In that case everyone would just say they couldn't afford it and get one issued. It isn't about being able to chose, it's about HAVING to pay, vs NOT having to pay.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It seems that you feel that the officers would be less likely to use their weapons due to cost of ammo and this would reduce brutality. Wouldn't that same officer be less likely to use his weapon in a situation where you needed it since the same cost factors would apply?

I don't think that I want a policeman stopping to think about how much ammo he can use this pay period if I am being robbed/raped/murdered.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

The police are well paid for the most part

top topics

<< 1   >>

join