It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. Regains Top Spot As Worlds Most Charitable Nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
If we are in that "charitable" status, why on this earth do we have people that can't make it here but millions of dollars in aid are being sent overseas???

Dumping food on to poorer nations (i.e. free, subsidized, or cheap food, below market prices) undercuts local farmers, who cannot compete and are driven out of jobs and into poverty, further slanting the market share of the larger producers such as those from the US and Europe.
www.globalissues.org...

So if giving that foreign aid actually makes poverty worse then why against all the evidence do they do it anyway? Because giving aid to foreign countries is beneficial to U.S corporations (who, in a corporatocracy, generally get what they want).

You should demand that aid be given to your own citizens, it would help people living below the poverty line in your own country and it would also reduce global hunger. The main ones who would be against it are corporations, who unfortunately have the most say. (Government would be against it too as the aid is used to undermine local economies, foster dependence and create an altruistic image of the empire but if you do live in a democracy they should bend to the peoples will).

edit on 22-12-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Doesn't anybody actually read the sources cited? The "study" is a simple 3 question survey about how people give. They are about donating money, time and generally helping others. It isn't about foreign aide it's about people giving and helping people.

Now some donations always make it into international aide packages but this isn't a measure of direct government aide to foreign countries so all those saying that the gov should take care of their own first should realize that, even though they are right, this study isn't about that.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Thanks for your heated reply.

Here is a chart that you might like to look over.

www.vaughns-1-pagers.com...

Here is another: www.bcps.org...

www.carnegieendowment.org...

Here is another article that you should really take into consideration. I am only so bold as to say that for
one reason, and one reason only. That is that I respect you as a member here.

Dig Deep,

blogs.cfr.org...

Best Regards, and a Happy New Year to you and all my good friends in Australia.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh wow.

I could give a # less when PETTY POLITICS are the reason why so many go starving in this world.

Why the hell should I give 50 cents a day to #ing Alyssa Milano of all the people?

People starve because of POLITICS, not because of the lack of food!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
How can this be?

I thought the US was the great Satan !

The poll shows that a lot of Americans have good hearts.

What it doesn't show, is where the money actually ended up.

Satan is good at tricks...
edit on 26/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The majority of Americans have good hearts, and the ones who don't need a swift kick
in the rear.
As Far as Satan is concerned, I have him under my boot Heel right at this very moment.

He is making my all kinds of promises across the spectrum of desire.

But his cash if fake so I'm not letting up.

I admire his craftiness, but I think I am going to have to beat him back to the bloody pulp
barrel of rotten fish scum again.

You see, he may bear the light, but when I remove it from his grip and relieve him of his duties,
He becomes like us...creators of shadows.
Standing in the presence of the light.

A precarious moment on the mountain,above the city, Again.
How about those Figs?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join