It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. Regains Top Spot As Worlds Most Charitable Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Far and away the richest we better be the most charitable. Kind of surprising though I guess they counted the money the rich politicians gave to their own charities.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I didnt knew throwing bombs and bullets was a charitable action.
Yep i'm the one who like to bash the home of the Slaves, just like the rest of us

But, before i get flame, im not putting everyone in the same boat.
Because even if those "charitable actions or donations" are mostly, for the super rich, to pay less taxes at the end of the fiscal year, i am aware a good bunch of honest citizens are actually trying to help. Individualy, like every nations, americans arent bad people, they are just a bit too much deceived by the mass media.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So on the rare occasion that something positive about the US/West comes out. [I say US/West because the Top 5 are all Western Countries] You think we are slapping ourselves on the back for simply acknowledging a positive?

That's because I don't see it as a positive.

I see charity as an excuse to ignore the real cause of the problems. Throwing your money at something is not really doing anything to change the problem, it really just perpetuates it. It's a temporary fix, that really does more to appease peoples guilt than help anyone in need.

Typical of the wealthy to throw money at something, instead of actually doing, or changing, anything. Wealth makes it more difficult to create and accept change. It makes people apathetic and self serving. It makes you fearful of losing what you have. It removes you from the struggle of others and you lose empathy.

If you came out and said, I finally realise capitalism is not the system we've been taught, and is the root of the problems we're throwing bad aids at, that would be a positive.

Your charitable contribution is not solving the problem. The problems are cause by the system people keep supporting. Until you realise that nothing will change for anyone.

We can, and do, produce enough to feed everyone, but because private owners operate on nothing but profit those without remain without.

Keep patting yourselves on the back for perpetuating the problem, just don't bitch when someone 'bashes' you for it, and throws reality in your face. You all criticize other countries, and invade them, but cry when someone criticizes you. You bash others religions constantly. You all jump at every chance to make yourself look good, while letting your country turn to crap. Maybe if you were all a little more self critical, you'd wake up to the mess you are in and realise the true cause.

edit on 12/21/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Id say the OP is pretty accurate, no other country dishes out such liberal amounts of tactical air strikes than the United States.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yeah, and notice how the Countries that always create dissent
don't contribute SQUAT.

More disconcerting is the fact that some of them are the so called "Bric"
countries which are doing quite well in this dark economic climate.

I have said this before, everytime there is a natural disaster of sorts,
The United States is the first to show up with aid.

Our hard earned tax dollars at work. One thing the rest of the world would have
trouble calling U.S.
without dispute, is a bunch of Stiffs.

Great Thread! S&F
edit on 21-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: retracted edit

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well Anok, why don't you give U.S. a break,
and Throw your money at it for a change.

Don't be an articulate incompetent, put your money where your mouth is.

With respect, Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have said this before, everytime there is a natural disaster of sorts, The United States is the first to show up with aid.
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Like they did in Haiti?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Nice and to the point

In my experience in Canada the gov't may SAY they "Pledge" this money in donation, but very little if any of the money has actually gotten to any of these recent quake/tsunami related events in the past years.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

That is right. I have friends who were there at the time. Two of their kids spent time flying around
in helicopters delivering aid. Their descriptions of the chaos of the crowds were troublesome.
As far as financial aid that was just blindly donated and handed over to different charities
without oversight is beyond my control.

I am still disturbed by the decisions of The Red Cross in that particular matter.

Believe me Ixtab, I understand and respect what you are inferring, but At the Least,
We try. I hope you never have to experience it, but when you see those food and medical
boxes with The American Flag posted on the side, I hope you will remember this conversation.

Best to you, Wildmanimal

edit on 21-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Content Add

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Well there is only so much you can do in a total loss event.
The point of diminishing returns is always taken into consideration.
Even in charitable situations.
Speaking of the Tsunami, just to be clear, American Ships and Aircraft responded
immediately.

By the way, When you witness a U.S. Aircraft Carrier coming about and exiting the area,
you know it is bad. Regardless of how it was downplayed (and is still) in the media.

The Fukushima disaster was, is, and will continue to be a global event for decades.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by ANOK

Well Anok, why don't you give U.S. a break,
and Throw your money at it for a change.

Don't be an articulate incompetent, put your money where your mouth is.

With respect, Wildmanimal

Huh? Put my money where my mouth is? Huh?

You want me to give the US a break? Oh the irony...

(you should read the part about back slapping)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

But isn't tha ACT of charity based on the DEMAND for charity? I didn't see any measure regarding the demand.

Perhaps the demand for charity isn't as great in some other countries.

Either way. Well done USA

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Unfortunatly i have experienced U.S "charity" however it was in the form of IRA terrorist attacks against my country. I sincerely hope you never have to experiance such "charity" in your lifetime.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Go ahead and duck out.
It was expected and typical.
Don't worry, we will step up to the plate in your stead.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

That was not U.S. charity. That was a small faction paying homage to the Queen.
So now you know.
Thanks for your concern for my future, you have a good heart.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: add sentence

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

But isn't tha ACT of charity based on the DEMAND for charity? I didn't see any measure regarding the demand.

That is a good point. I was thinking charity for other countries, but if it's local then that paints an even worse picture for America. It means it probably has a higher disparity in wealth, more haves and more have nots.

That way you have even less reasons to pat yourselves on the back eh? Another case of instead of fixing it, which you could being your OWN country, just throw money at it and think you've helped.

edit on 12/22/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Understood there ANOK, but Charity is generally based on need, not want.
So I am happy to hear that you don't "Want" charity.
As your self sufficiency allows more for those who "Need."
That is, those who cannot help themselves.

Perfectly in line with this Holiday Season!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Im in America and watching all the hungry and homeless people suffer and die while America gives to other countries. Good job America. Take care of everybody else except for your own.. Makes me want to puke...

ETA: And the only reason we give to other countries is because we expect something in return. This is where we are supposed to DENY Ignorance. Geesh...
edit on 12/21/11 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

You think that the U.S is the only country that gives to other countries ( Take care of everybody else except for your own) is what you said.

In 2012 Australia with a population of 23 million will send foreign aid overseas which will amount to approx $230.00 per Australian.

The U.S with a population of 300 million will send foreign aid overseas which will amount to approx $190.00 per American.
The average Aussie has to hand over more in foreign aid than the average American.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Yeah, and notice how the Countries that always create dissent
don't contribute SQUAT.

More disconcerting is the fact that some of them are the so called "Bric"
countries which are doing quite well in this dark economic climate.

I have said this before, everytime there is a natural disaster of sorts,
The United States is the first to show up with aid.

Our hard earned tax dollars at work. One thing the rest of the world would have
trouble calling U.S.
without dispute, is a bunch of Stiffs.

Great Thread! S&F
edit on 21-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: retracted edit

That's incorrect and unresearched and obviously based on what you're told in the U.S media. All developed countries get the ball rolling strait away when things go wrong.

And it's this kind of assumption which is the core reason for American bashing.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Thanks steveknows, this will not go unnoticed.
Your time in the spotlight will come.

Happy Holidays to you,yours, and All of The Good People of Australia!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join