It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

what would happen if......

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What would happen if America just pulled its troops from around the world and put them at our borders then stopped doing business / trade with the rest of the word? How long could we drill our own oil manufacture products for only us? Would this really hurt our economy or would it make it stronger (for Americans) could we then get rid of welfare to undeserving people who won’t work? I understand the need for help with senior citizens and really medically legit problems some people have. Were people who claimed mental disorders and ohh my back hurts at the age of 25 allowed these privileges 60 years ago? With the disappearance of these easily handed out benefits would it make people realize they really could work?
Could we motivate immigrant’s lawful and unlawful to make up their mind witch nation they will stand behind their old or the one they now live? For the one who support the later can we just kick them out?
I know the money required to kick start this would be huge, but can it be done?
At 32 years old working owning a house being married to a wonderful woman who works having kids and owning a company whom I employ a hand full of people it makes me sick at all the handouts and all the craziness in this world. My family worked hard to build a life here as have I. Only help along the way was a small student loan in witch I paid back. Some of my business is out of country but id sacrifice to change, how many others would?
I wonder if my feelings and thoughts are racist or Nazi like. Lord I hope they aren’t because I don’t hate any one because of their religion creed or color. I just can’t stand laziness and hurt feelings of those who won’t work for something. I hear from my grandparents how life was so different in their day. This is why i wonder if these ideas would take the country to a place where it was years ago in the form of hard work and earning a life. Not reversing in discrimination or rights but reversing the easily handed out life people feel they deserve.
I’d like to hear your thoughts.




posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We defiantly don't have enough oil to sustain us for long.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The world would thank you... people would be able to sleep without worrying the americans would invade or bomb them for no reason..



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the idiots of the world would rise to power... I dont like being the "World police" but when leaders try to do things like you know mass genocide then yeah I think its okay to step in.... We're just nice to enough to keep a presence in these countries since we bombed them back a few years.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888
[mor

dont agree with all the invading of worthless countries and far off lands either.....rather save bullets for a real reason.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
first of all find out what you WOULD need to import since you dont have the necessary resources inside your national boundaries and probably most of them would be rare earths needed for alot of modern technology but even from the prehistoric times people have never truely lived in isolation so trade would always happen between nations to some degree just perhaps heading a bit more towards 50:50



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky
 


We would begin inventing again, and worry about ourselves and our own sustainability. This would lead to the full acceptance of other sources of energy within a decade and a half. It has been crunched through the numbers time and time again that the United States would be the only, or one of the very few countries that would actually benefit from Autarky. Now, as to what your definition of benefit is...



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
the idiots of the world would rise to power... I dont like being the "World police" but when leaders try to do things like you know mass genocide then yeah I think its okay to step in.... We're just nice to enough to keep a presence in these countries since we bombed them back a few years.


I can remember hearing the old folks saying, "you can't help your sick neighbors when your own house is filled with sick people". In other words get your own house in order before you can help someone else get theirs in order.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An
 


I completely agree... however the sick people in other parts of the world (metaphorically speaking) are driving in busses to the airport... you know what im saying?



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky

What would happen if America just pulled its troops from around the world and put them at our borders then stopped doing business / trade with the rest of the word? How long could we drill our own oil manufacture products for only us? Would this really hurt our economy or would it make it stronger (for Americans) could we then get rid of welfare to undeserving people who won’t work? I understand the need for help with senior citizens and really medically legit problems some people have. Were people who claimed mental disorders and ohh my back hurts at the age of 25 allowed these privileges 60 years ago? With the disappearance of these easily handed out benefits would it make people realize they really could work?
Could we motivate immigrant’s lawful and unlawful to make up their mind witch nation they will stand behind their old or the one they now live? For the one who support the later can we just kick them out?
I know the money required to kick start this would be huge, but can it be done?
At 32 years old working owning a house being married to a wonderful woman who works having kids and owning a company whom I employ a hand full of people it makes me sick at all the handouts and all the craziness in this world. My family worked hard to build a life here as have I. Only help along the way was a small student loan in witch I paid back. Some of my business is out of country but id sacrifice to change, how many others would?
I wonder if my feelings and thoughts are racist or Nazi like. Lord I hope they aren’t because I don’t hate any one because of their religion creed or color. I just can’t stand laziness and hurt feelings of those who won’t work for something. I hear from my grandparents how life was so different in their day. This is why i wonder if these ideas would take the country to a place where it was years ago in the form of hard work and earning a life. Not reversing in discrimination or rights but reversing the easily handed out life people feel they deserve.
I’d like to hear your thoughts.










Your idea could work but it would mean some tough years to rebuild this country's infrastructure which is in disrepair at this moment and reopen factories that have long ago left our shores. It would also mean redefining the government, i.e. trimming it down to where it can serve the people and not the other way around. No more debt economies, our money have a set value that can't be manipulated by stock markets. I realize the thought of a isolated economy sounds worse than it really is but is worth pursuing.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The America you describe is the same America envisioned by Ron Paul. We can get there either by electing him president and supporting his policies, or we can stay on our current path of warmongering and out of control government until the dollar collapses and we're forced to rebuild our society. Either way this country will go back to what it was intended to be.
I personally would choose the first option and endure a little short-term discomfort, rather than the second option that will consist of unimaginable long-term hardship that we may not even recover from.



posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
reply to post by Chai_An
 


I completely agree... however the sick people in other parts of the world (metaphorically speaking) are driving in busses to the airport... you know what im saying?


The OP wanted to know if some adjustments and focus on itself could turn this country around? It's possible but that would mean operating in harmony which would prevent world policing in spite of the illusions other people are in disarray. I'm not dismissing what you're saying I just think it's time for harmony and balance, something this country hasn't seen before.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join