It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is human cloning impossible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Monkey studies indicate scientists are facing a fundamental obstacle with current techniques.

WASHINGTON, April 10 � Cloning humans, or any other primates, may be impossible with today�s techniques because of a fundamental molecular obstacle, say scientists trying to understand why attempts to clone monkeys have failed.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think of this as more of a speed bump that scientists need to ride over. The idea that they could easily clone a human at this point was a joke. It may be some time before it happens, but we'll see it some day... and probably in our lifetimes. Of course, that is just my opinion. The research is amazing and the prospects are (probably) worth the effort. Progress has become a necessity in our current environment because people become bored so easily. I believe we will continue to advance at a quick rate, which will include improving cloning technologies. In reality, a cloned baby will be no less loved by its family than an old-fashioned impregnated one.

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by Protector]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think that eventually they will be able to. Even though I dont think they should.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
didn't they have to try 200 times to create dolly? and she still wasn't perfect

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Peoples fail to understand that there is a limit to EVERYTHING. Especially to technology. That limit, I call it the " The God Border ". Above that Holly Border, only God can deal. May be that we are close from that border.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think that NWO try to hide that clonage and Genetic Modification are do-able and had been still used in the army...

They are able to clone and produce an organ on a mouse, To clone sheeps and mices and not monkeys or humans ?!

Also, the genom of the monkey is not so near than the genom of the man that discoveries on monkeys are not always true about men...

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
To date, nobody has proved they can make a clone and thus the only "cloned" humans we have are "identical twins" or the very rare "identical triplets." If you saw the news last week on the cloned batrangs (very rare bovine that they're trying to save), there were some 20 embryos implanted and only 2 live births, one of which had t o be euthanized because of severe problems.

We can't reliably clone animals yet (many problems still exist). The reported cloned babies born at the first of the year were hoaxes -- as far as we can tell.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
God Border

Almost anything is possible and the reason not everything is possible is because if it was than somthing being impossible would be possible... But anyways human cloning is possible just not for right now...

top topics

join