It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Hacks US Chamber Of Commerce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Dont forget health and safety legislation and worker rights as it plays a big part in the decision as well, ie liabilities. I reckon there are some cases going to start cropping up from our manufacturing days, metals-solder-cancer etc but they will be well defended to the point most claimants die before they see a payout. The companies are guilty of slave labour now. Workers in China etc literally die trying to make in a year what I might spend on a good holiday or music festival, for instance New years eve will cost me easily £200 for one night out and thats only cos im skint. A taxi home for approx 1 hour journey would cost about £70 plus drinks at £3.50/4.50 + cigarettes at £7.30 a pack, i mean **** sake some of us smoke more than they earn in a day before even thinking about other things like weed etc that some people smoke.

The free market is one thing but I think we shouldnt be doing business with countries that have such harsh worker conditions and low pay, if the west needs to save harder for its "home made" luxuries is that really a bad thing? Were in such a sad state where parents have to buy their kids smartphones, laptops etc just so they dont stick out and get bullied. Could the prison population for instance not just get paid chinese wages to make stuff rather the 30p a day to mop the floor?

How much would an Ipad 2 cost if made in the Uk or US? I read recently a Chinese girl sold a kidney to be able to buy one. They cost are way to high even is sold for pennys, it needs to end

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So hackers in China are immediatly considered to be part of the Chinese government? So this means any crime commited by a citizen of any country can be attributed to thier government. This makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Well, this is the reason why companies get their work done in china. I knows its wrong, but these companies only care about making money, and spending as little as they can doing it.

Thats what people in this thread dont understand. They say " we should not buy stuff from china" but they dont realise that this will hurt america as much as china because the american companies who get stuff made in china will fall.

They say " bring the work back to america" can you see americans working for crap money like they do in china? Again, alot of the companies will fall if they done this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
So hackers in China are immediatly considered to be part of the Chinese government? So this means any crime commited by a citizen of any country can be attributed to thier government. This makes no sense.

Alot of goverments employ hackers to hack into other countries, including america. But people ignore that fact

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Why.. because in China anyone can have access to a computer as well as internet access without the government approving or knowing about it?

Hacking a western countries government, specifically the US, would probably get that person some nice backing one would guess by the Chinese government.

Hacking the Pentagon, NASA or Commerce does what for the everyday Chinese person? Since we have extradition and criminal prosecution agreements with China over this type of crime, and since we haven't seen anything of the sort come from China, one would guess they, Chinese government, are on the receiving end of the results.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That guess would be right I bet, but it is still a guess. My point is that it is not right to accuse a government of doing something that it might not be doing. It is like saying Saddam has a weapon of mass destruction he is about to use.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They will dismiss it and deny it and move on.

The Chinese hackers are way ahead of US "cyber-intelligence" IMO... And have accessed far more secure networks and systems than this.

Top secrets and classified are only invitations to them... You need to assume that with the Chinese there are no secrets you can keep from them... At least not for long... Between their operatives and double-agents and teams of hackers there can be nothing hidden from them.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
China hackers breached U.S. Chamber of Commerce: report

Hackers in Chinabroke through the computer defenses of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce last year and were able to access information about its operations and its 3 million members, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

And they found out that all americans are broke!!!!!

*** except for the people running our government ***

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
We should bomb the crap of them.

Effin commies.

The obvious facetiousness aside, better sooner than later, actually.

It's not-so-secret Chinese military policy to be ahead of the US by 2025. This cannot be done "tank to tank"; only by cyber warfare. So if the US want to maintain its ascendency, they may well be better off going to war with China sooner than later.

"It is just like ping-pong. We have more people playing it, so we are very good at it" -anon Chinese General

That is to say, if it came down to it, 330 million versus 1.4 billion really isn't any competition if the former loses its technological advantage. Indeed, nor is it a fair fight when it comes to recruiting cyber hackers either.

Strike while your iron's hot, Derpmerica!
edit on 11-1-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join