It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding NDAA - How do you define “National Security”?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Regarding NDAA - How do you define “National Security” – as the welfare, potential and enrichment of the 99% citizenry and national infrastructure, or the welfare, potential and enrichment of the 1% and their economic infrastructure?

This is a legitimate question because as much as one class hates the other they are not mutually exclusive. In fact for our society to function properly both classes must exist symbiotically. Each provides certain societal and economic stimulation that enables our society to reach its full potential. The problems arise when the 99% and the 1% are imbalanced in terms of power and influence. This is when the middle class disappears. A strong middle class is a segway between classes and gives hope that one can ascend through prosperity into the other.

The 1% will always be slightly more powerful politically and perhaps that is good as too much democracy can be a source of indecision, mediocrity, gridlock and stagnation.

However when the vast majority reaches a point where there are vast inequities in access to basic needs, vast unrest will ensue.

Our government is presumably tasked with the responsibility of maintaining or restoring the balance of power between the classes. When existence becomes inequitable for one class or the other it results in an environment that threatens national security.

But what does one do when the government itself is influenced predominantly by one or the other class preventing the checks and balances that allow for balancing?

Then the controlling bodies of government become a threat to national security until balance is restored. Balance is always restored.

To paraphrase one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies….

“Hell is coming to breakfast”

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To answer the question "How do I define "National Security?" I would answer that it's in my closet, with a trigger lock on it... hibernating.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Hell is coming to breakfast”

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Yes, hell is coming to breakfast, and in more ways than you can imagine.

Under this law free speech gets low balled. Speak out against the government? Then you end up on the terrorist list and there can be a drone attack at a town near you.

Yeah everyone laughed at all those crazy people years ago who were building bunkers under their houses and wearing tin construction hats. Turns out they might not have been as crazy as everyone else thought. In some regards they might have been prophets.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"National security" is as definable as "a length of string" is, just enough to get the job done but not enough to leave to many loose ends behind

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
if you take a look at what is being done and the real threats , it is a sad joke all for show, TSA DHS all show where is the protection at the front door or at the car lane? Open border just type this in u s open border policy that should tell you. the latest bill HR1540 aka NDAA 2012 SUB SEC D 1021 1022 or 1031 1032 depending on what version your reading , only silences them that would complain, that is 99%. TSA DHS for show for the top 30% ones on EBT do not fly, nor could unemployment check pay for a ticket. just my view

new topics

top topics

join