It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A reading list I created

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So I was thinking last night about some very informative reading material in regards to political philosophy. Of course, I had help creating the list thanks to:

A Canon of My Own
Canon Wars
Canonical Questions

All are from a website dedicated to developing a new intellectual right built around Radical Traditionalism. Now, of course, all of the works are not for everyone, but, some of the works are definitely for any, and every, person who wants to learn about political philosophy.

I have decided that all 7 of these works will be read from December 22 (Winter solstice) to March 20 (Spring Equinox). If you would like, I welcome you to join in the challenge of reading all 7 books between those two dates. Should you not want to do that, it is perfectly fine, but I encourage you to read these works anyway. They will do a lot to educate you into the field of political philosophy and help you better understand politics; even help you defeat your foes in debate.

All of these books are 100% free and are available ONLINE.

Plato – ‘The Republic
Plato – ‘Symposium
Aristotle – ‘Politics
Ibn Khaldun – ‘Muqaddimah
John Henry Newman – ‘Grammar of Assent
Niccolo Machiavelli – ‘The Prince
Friedrich Nietzsche – ‘Beyond Good and Evil

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Funny. I saw the title of this post on the "New Topics" section. It didn't have your name on it, but I thought "I bet that's Misoir!"

Thanks for the list. I've been reading fluff lately (well, Larry Correia, who is hardly fluff, but I like a man who knows his guns!), and I need to read something with substance.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Bookmarked, going home to the family in Switzerland for a week, no internet however. So this is my task for when I come back

Thank you, been looking for a good couple of books just lately!

Let's all deny ignorance, one book at a time

new topics

join