It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Survival Email that I didn't subscribe to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just received this email... Anything that I subscribe to goes to a different email.... Wonder how it got to mine, with the correct name and everything on it.

Hi *******

First and foremost, the very notion that there is only one year left until (perhaps) the end of the world as we know it, should have many people making New Year's resolutions - planning to survive. It can be your resolution if you choose - there will never be a better opportunity to take control of your destiny. This is especially important for those with families...

(See today's blog post for examples of UK folk sensibly storing food and water - survive2012.com... )

Today's Daily Mail article goes on to highlight a few recent cases of critical situations:
Take the fuel strikes of 2000. Lorry drivers, fed up with high diesel prices, blockaded the refineries. Almost immediately they exposed the frailties of a society that feeds itself via a just-in-time supply chain. Within days, shelves were bare and supermarket bosses were warning civil servants in Whitehall that there were just three days of food left.

Then there was Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Within days, residents of the richest country in the world were looting to feed themselves and their families.

Next came the credit crunch and that day in September 2008 when the Royal Bank of Scotland almost folded. It would subsequently emerge that its cash machines were only hours away from running out of money.
What can we expect in the coming year?

Natural disasters appear to be on the rise. While we are still within the realm of of normal statistical probability, if 2012 starts like 2011 did, there will be a lot of very fearful people. Although there's no easy way to measure it, I've noticed earthquakes in a lot of places that don't usually get them - that could be indicative of something.

Religion. There are quite a few evangelical Christians who believe that they have the ability to bring on a Biblical apocalypse, and 2012 is a year they have latched on to. A popular idea involves building the Third Temple in Jerusalem, thereby fulfilling Biblical prophecy. Fingers crossed Rick Perry doesn't become president. Meanwhile Pope Benedict is very frail, and he is visiting Mexico in March where a volcano is threatening to erupt. According to the prophecy of Saint Malachy, the next Pope will be the last.

War and Terror. There's no predicting terrorism, but it's not hard to predict escalating tensions in the Middle East. Israel has been talking about preemptive strikes against Iran, and the new leaders of Egypt (whoever that will be) are unlikely to be as friendly with Israel as Mubarak was.

Economy. The USA seems to be coming right, but now Europe is in trouble, and things could get a lot worse. Don't be surprised if some major European banks get in trouble. Liquidity is at an all time low, which is why the price of gold has begun to fall - people are cashing out because the banks can't loan them any money! Of additional concern is rumors regarding China - they might be cooking the books (just like Greece did) and hiding the truth about their economy.

The Sun. At the tail-end of 2012 and into early 2013 we can expect the peak of the solar cycle. Some experts think it will be quiet, some expect it to be the stormiest peak in a century. If it is quiet, we might be entering a new mini-Ice Age. And if it is turbulent, NASA has warned that the power grids in the USA and Europe could go down.

Space Nasties. Just this week NASA declared that a supernova harming us in 2012 is impossible. They said it with certainty. That's a strange thing to say considering they are still discovering new types of supernovae. I would fully expect that one day they will discover a type of supernova that is many times more powerful than they are currently aware of. NASA's debunking is just as foolhardy and dangerous as the worst 2012 hoaxes. And of course they repeatedly fail to mention the threat posed by comets, especially dark comets.

Disease. Scientists have been warning for a long time that a big, scary, deadly flu pandemic is well overdue. 2012 could easily be the year that the first pandemic of a globalized world attacks us. Keep in mind that the #1 killer of soldiers in WW1 wasn't a human enemy - instead it was the flu.

If I have added to your worries, that was intentional. Preparing for the worst is cheap and easy, and you really don't have an excuse not to prepare:
Take a 2 hour drive into the countryside and think about where you would flee to if disaster struck where you live.
If something you regularly eat can be bought in bulk - say rice or baked beans - do so and you will be saving money whilst being prepared.
Store water. We buy cases of 24 500ml bottles for $8. That's 33c each. Beats paying $2-3 from a corner store. Water stores well and lasts a long time. But without water you will die in 3 days. Numerous 2012 scenarios involve town water supplies failing. Please, please, store some water.
While I wish, dream and hope for an uneventful 2012, the odds are stacked against it.

Be safe, and season's greetings,
Robert Bast
2012 Facts, 87 Osborne St, Williamstown, VIC 3016, AUSTRALIA

edit on 21-12-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
do you have a email domain so stuff from ats goes to [email protected] and amazon to [email protected] etc then they may have looked up your domain record and your details may be there you want to do a WHOIS search

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sometimes when you visit a website, it automatically targets your email addy for marketing purposes. It's very intrusive software, and I don't approve of it. Some use it to market the site you visited, some sell it in packages to others.

It could be that is how your info got to the people who sent you the email. Just guessing on my part.

Des

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

No, I don't have any sort of "domains". LOL I just use my computer to "geek out" and do research on things I'm interested in, surf ATS, and IM family and friends.

The link that was in there led to some interesting stuff though

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks... guess I will have to update all the spyware and junk... I didn't realize that clicking on a link could give out that much info. I never download anything, so makes me a little bit weary.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Which is why I never open emails from people I don't know, unless I requested getting mail or feedback from a particular company or website. That email was likely spammed with a bug that will pass along your email to dozens, if not hundreds, of other b.s. sites, passing out the word that "Hey, this guy opened my email. He'll likely open yours too."

"If you don't know it, spam it, then delete it." That's my e-motto.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have that email and it's fine. It's a regular mail out to members of the 2012 Forum (which I belong to). Are you a member?
edit on 21-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The only way you can receive that email is if you:

1) Went to Survive2012.com
2) Filled out the form to receive my 2012: Facts and Myths ebook
3) Opened the email I sent you and clicked on the link confirming you want the ebook

You can unsubscribe via a link at the bottom of the email, but 99% of my 10K subscribers have not subscribed.

BTW, it's a good ebook - it debunks a lot of the 2012 crap, as opposed to most of the charlatans out there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I got that email too, but I signed up for it! LOL I think you may have also, maybe you just forgot.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertBast

It is a very interesting email.... I just figured out that my stupid phone forwards all of my email addresses to my new one! I looked at the blog site, and maybe I DID sign up a long time ago.... just weird that it was in my gmail account and not in my hotmail.

Thanks!

top topics

join