It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning Congress' treason against them...how to clean up Washington in 6 easy steps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Step 1. Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment and elimination of all government agencies and programs we cannot afford.

Step 2. Pass a law that if we commit troops to a war the Congresses family are the first to serve (wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and mothers and fathers if there between 18 & 36 yrs old)

Step 3. Ban all lobbyists

Step 4. Pass a law that Congressmen cannot earn more than their salary (real time or deferred). Full disclosure and monitoring of their net worth. Their family is also subject to the same scrutiny.

Step 5. Revocation of Congressional immunity from search and prosecution.

Step 6. Pass a law that any violations of the first 5 above will result in public execution of the offending Congressman on the steps of Congress for domestic terrorism under the NDAA as a threat to national security.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can do it in less steps.

1. Generals gather 100 000 loyal troops.
2. Stage coup.
3. Arrest congress.
4. New election.
5. Massive trials.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think most people in the military would abhor the idea of a coup, unless there is an absolutely clear and present danger to freedom in this nation. And even then I could see it being a divisive issue
edit on 21-12-2011 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Step 4 is a logical recommendation other than making it a requirement for family members. The rest of it ranges from unrealistic to nutty. Especially the final one. Here's the thing about a balanced budget amendment; it sounds all well and good but all it really does is pass the problem down to the states, which take on some of surplus items in their budgets, and then the states pass the buck down to the counties, etc...

You think there are too many foreign investors owning America right now? Wait until they own our entire infrastructure due to balanced budget amendments. Oh, we can't pay for this problem because we have to have a balanced budget, so we'll let Spain take that off our hands. Toll roads for everyone!

Nobody has a "balanced budget". Not most families, not most businesses, certainly not any corporations...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I think you'd have to wait for a breaking point. The camels back is pretty sore but I don't think the majority of the American public would consider it broken yet. The should, but they don't. NDAA s1867 should have been the last straw but it won't be.

The majority of the American people don't know or don't seem to care about the dirty details of "legislation's" or the Federal Reserve. Or how the majority of politicians don't actually represent the people but the corporations that bought them into office.

The back on the camel needs to break in a way that the American people will wake up and take notice of the landslide to hell that they are currently enjoying.

I could relate this to a child actors relationship to their parents or vise versa. You would think that the parents would have the childs best interest at hand but in reality that is not always the case and sometimes, their self serving interests destroy themselves and the child.

Just my 2 cents
edit on 21-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd favor re-ordering as 3-5-1 and negotiating on 2 & 4 while dropping 6 completely. Seems to me if you rid the country of lobbyists, revoke congressional privilege to expose any attempts at lobbying, and then pass a balanced budget amendment with some teeth. Let's not forget what it's going to cost us for each retiree politician as well - and after only a few years service.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'd like to see them get paid by the hour!

If you don't work? You don't get paid.

Punch in, when they are "In the house", punch out when they leave, and ALL campaigning is off the clock!

Including talk shows...

At least we might get our monies worth out of them....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Collect signatures for the "Saving America from tyranny referendum".. ballot measure that disqualifies any political party who shares responsibly for the deaths of 1 million innocent people.

No more GOP & DNC, in one step...

new topics

top topics

join