It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Famous and Infamous of Ufology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In an attempt to understand the subject more, I'd like to know what individuals the community here considers to be the most credible of ufology, and what ufologists should be avoided, and why.

I did a search for this, but the threads I found were either unrelated, or a few years old (and opinions of people can change as new information becomes available).

And while we're at it, what cases (sightings, abductions, etc.), websites and organizations would you suggest for a newbie to investigate?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The trouble with this subject is money. Many so called UFO 'researchers' are just in it to make cash by selling books and doing lectures. No one wants to buy a book called 'UFO's dont exist' so most of the published or popular material on this subject is completely one sided.

You just have to work your way though all this stuff and check up and cross check ALL the details and facts they present. The sad thing is as soon as you start checking up on all this stuff you start to realize just how much of it is BS. It can get a bit depressing when all you are looking for is some good solid evidence. In the end some people give up looking for the proof they had hoped for, start ignoring the facts and just settle for what they want to believe in.

Just because someone has a PHD in physics etc doesn't not make them more trustworthy on this subject than anyone else. Clever people can be manipulative to. In fact sometimes its easier for them to lie because they feel above everyone else plus people without higher education are dazzled by their credentials.

There are some good cases out there but the popular idea that 2-5% of all cases are unexplainable is not a good representation of the amount of decent sightings or encounters. Id estimate that less that 0.01% of the cases that have ever been reported are really worth looking at. You might get 1 really decent case every 10-15 years or more.

edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperKawaiiNibiru

I would go over all of it. Give more time to the stories that deserve it whether hoax or real.

As you can see ..... Billy Meir is the poster boy for the "HOAX" bin on this site. But if you have never read his story ...I would still suggest reading what he claimed back a few decades.

It is a never ending field of crap to sift through .....
edit on 21-12-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Start by watching this:

Then watch this ufo documentary

Then read the dulcebook ( all of it )
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

Then do some digging on your own

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well as far as Ufologist go. Probally one of the most famous names out there is, Stanton Friedman. He has a degree in physics and also has a opinion on almost everything ufo like.

Heres a link to his site. Clicky

There are others too, but he is prolly the more credible of them. I like Bill Birnes too, but he is deep into the Ufology world...Some say he believes everything he hears/reads. Good hunting!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A difficult question. I've seen almost all the big names in ufology slandered at one time or another. I'd say start digging and keep digging, use your judgment and keep an open mind. Try not to draw conclusions, for it's easy to say after a while 'yeah it's all Nazi tech from WW2' or 'it's Bob Lazar's Zeta Reticulans'. This is a vastly diverse subject that will keep you occupied for quite some time if you are hungry to learn.
edit on 21-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The most credible events in recent years that i can think of immediately are two that everyone should know:

Phoenix, Arizona, United States - 1997
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China - 2010
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'd say these were the most credible events simply because of the amount of eye-witnesses and confusion as to what the object's actually were, aswell as the media-attention both of these events recieved.

There are several video recordings out there, i would guess they are easy enough to find on sites such as youtube**. The photographs alone are enough for anyone to get obsessed with these 2 cases. Credible eye-witnesses in both events ranging from air traffic controllers to city mayors.

** I would reccomend searching up the videos anywhere but youtube. (there is alot of junk/rubbish on youtube)

While not neccasarily the alien kind of 'UFO'.. it is highly possible these could be top secret craft owned by government, or military (even so, there is still the obvious question of where did this technology come from). There still is no plausible explanation for either of these events... but they are deffinitely not flares or missiles (which a certain group of people have tried to claim).

The most interesting 'UFO' sighting to me, is the 2nd object which flew over Phoenix, Arizona in 1997. Reported by alot of people as a gigantic V (delta shaped) wing... although i don't think anyone managed to film/photograph it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

The most interesting 'UFO' sighting to me, is the 2nd object which flew over Phoenix, Arizona in 1997. Reported by alot of people as a gigantic V (delta shaped) wing... although i don't think anyone managed to film/photograph it.

That is one of my favorites as well. Simply because there is so much documentation on it.

I tend to think what was seen that night in '97 was more ET/Paranormal than Government. Only because of what eye witnesses said.

Multiple witnesses had sightings of orange orbs days before the huge V craft flew over. One couple had a very close encounter with the orbs right outside their house. Can only imagine how vivid it was to them.

Another witness claimed that when the huge V shaped craft passed by the Moon ....... he could see through the craft and look at the moon... meaning it was somewhat transparent. ..... coulda been not cloaked all the way or something .... I have no clue.

Eitherway ....awesome event!

..... more like a boomerang not a V i suppose

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Let's see. You've got pictures of the flare drop an hour and a half after the UFO sighting over Phoenix, then from China two long-exposure shots of airplanes and one of a Soyuz U sending a Progress cargo ship to the ISS.

A better example would be the Stephanville case, where sighting angles were measured and mapped then movements of the UFO were mapped out from radar data obtained through an FOIA request.

As far as photos go, this one has a better chance of beling legit (police polaroid, 300 witnesses):

Story on photo

edit on 21-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Just because someone has a PHD in physics etc doesn't not make them more trustworthy on this subject than anyone else. Clever people can be manipulative to. In fact sometimes its easier for them to lie because they feel above everyone else plus people without higher education are dazzled by their credentials.

Thanks for saying this.
Here's another thing to beware of. Spooks. Nocs. I have known of many -CIA- people in Ufology. My own conspiracy theory is, there may be an Agent of NWO pushing on certain ufo 'conventional wisdom' for an agenda. In my many years following the ufo subject, I came up against some real narcissists if not sociopaths. I had a ufo military and conspiracy type experience. with good documentation. But at different times and with various ufo people, I was reacted to with either fear or "shut up and go away." Theres one who everyone in the world is madly enthralled with, but one-on-one with me, he's like, "Look I realize you had a lot of problems, but come on already."
If you are going to be a Ufologist, you need to realize, that --human beings-- with trauma and confusion, are a big part of the ufo phenomenon subject, and you cant go around saying, "lead follow or get the hell out of the way, for me to grab that smoking gun." If someone has it in their pocket, you cannot just shake them upside down to see if it falls out, godd*mn it. Thats not going to work out good.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

If you truly think that was a flare drop ...... then you are ignorant.

End of story.

If you have read the complete story from both sides (people's/governments) and payed attention to the timing of when the government said things ..... then you can only come to the logical conclusion that they were NOT flares.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I had thought that too...You have a link there pal so I can do a little reading or would a simple Google search be good enough?

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What I wrote was "flare drop an hour and a half after the UFO sighting." I consider the flare drop a trick to make people think there was no real UFO sighting. My meaning should be clear enough from that short sentence in my post.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Ya .... start off with googling. And of course use ATS search to find some good threads what will have good points and good links.

Most of what I have read on that event comes from books, video testimony from eye witnesses, and many articles on the event from UFO Magazine.

Thousands of people saw the "lights" over Phoenix ..... hundreds have come forward and said they saw a physical craft since they were right underneath it. That's not counting the people who won't come forward.

Sorry ....but I believe regular people that are just like you and me over some Government agency. Especially when it's just an agency telling us it's flares ..... that's as stereotypical as saying it is swamp gas.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I gotcha. Thanks man. I did see a documentory on it but it wasn't much then they debunked it saying it was flares and a team of U.S Army Rangers doing test drops with flares.

I'll research more, again thanks!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Let's see. You've got pictures of the flare drop an hour and a half after the UFO sighting over Phoenix

Sorry ....must have misunderstood you.

It was just confusing since you are claiming those pics are of the flares. It's debatable but I think the Flare pics are obvious..... meaning the ones in the above post are not of the flares.

I would need to go look through some articles to refresh my memory.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this question and thank you for all the responses so far. I remember when the siting in China happened and all the witnesses and videos that backed it, that really god me interested. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book for me to start with since i am somewhat of a UFO amateur? I did a quick search online and there are literally hundreds of books out there, just looking for a point in the right direction, thanks guys.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VinnyPNY

I just finished a book called "Above Top Secret" by Jim Marrs

Amazon link to book

It is an excellent book for beginners. It has some chapters that don't have to do with UFO's/ET's but most of the book is on UFOs.

Each chapter briefly covers a well known conspiracy and he presents verifiable facts that no one else seems to present.

It is an awesome and easy read. Not to mention Jim Marrs is a badass Conspiracy Theorist.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Rather than put a nasty label on Dr. Lynne Kitei, who was out there with her video camera set up on a tripod just in time to capture the flare drop in a configuration that imitated the earlier Phoenix lights, I'll just link the article on her from UFO Watchdog. I certainly can't prove that she received a phone call from someone at the base or what they might have told her, but she was ready and got the shot and got it to the TV station in time for the 11 o'clock news, and it was her video that was used in TV news reports nationwide. If be clear, the actual sighting had hundreds (perhaps thousands) of witnesses, including some ATS members and the state governor, but the fake sighting (her video of the flare drop shot from a position that made it imitate the real thing) is what was shown on TV. James McGaha claimed on Larry King Live the whole thing was just the flare drop, and the military made a debunking video prooving that what was seen in Dr. Kitei's video was indeed flares, as if that discredits the actual event.

UFO Watchdog Hall of Shame: Dr. Lynne Kitei

edit on 21-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VinnyPNY

Check out Timothy Good's book 'Need To Know', he also has a book called 'Above Top Secret' which is a excellent place to start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join