It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with new website.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank You Greeneyedleo.

Yes, I do plan on selling on Etsy. I've had numerous clients suggest it too. I will not be selling on ebay, not my customer base at all.

Etsy is definitely more in sync with my organic/natural product line. I like the *feel* of Etsy also.

One of my clients does professional photography, and wants to take the website photos for me.

I'll admit, I'm a little bit scared of the wild card aspect of online selling. With doing shows, and repeat business from clients, I can gauge pretty well how much product I need to produce. And, since I use organic/natural ingredients, I must keep track of quantities, and storage/use by times. For both myself, and the end user.

Throw in taking care of my small herd of pygmy goats....well, you get the picture. I have turned down 2 offers of partnership. I want to keep my product line concise, and consistent. I guess that's why I've benn dragging my feet on taking this next step.

Thanks again for your feedback

Des

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey Green since your in here, umm..perhaps you can forward to the oval table a section were members can actually supply their url's and they can be on a permanent store view basis rather than within threads that end up lost in the dark vaults of the pentagon cloud servers..oops i mean ats cloud servers. Dunno, simply thinking out loud here. in anycase it would be nice if we had a section " Members Web Sites "

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank You Greeneyedleo.

Yes, I do plan on selling on Etsy. I've had numerous clients suggest it too. I will not be selling on ebay, not my customer base at all.

Etsy is definitely more in sync with my organic/natural product line. I like the *feel* of Etsy also.

One of my clients does professional photography, and wants to take the website photos for me.

I'll admit, I'm a little bit scared of the wild card aspect of online selling. With doing shows, and repeat business from clients, I can gauge pretty well how much product I need to produce. And, since I use organic/natural ingredients, I must keep track of quantities, and storage/use by times. For both myself, and the end user.

Throw in taking care of my small herd of pygmy goats....well, you get the picture. I have turned down 2 offers of partnership. I want to keep my product line concise, and consistent. I guess that's why I've benn dragging my feet on taking this next step.

Thanks again for your feedback

Des

what is good with Etsy is, if you run out of product and need time to make more, you can put your shop on VACATION mode...and open it back up when you are ready. i do this often thruout the year!

IMO, just a much cheaper, more simple to set up and wider range of customer base.....

Best of luck!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Hey Green since your in here, umm..perhaps you can forward to the oval table a section were members can actually supply their url's and they can be on a permanent store view basis rather than within threads that end up lost in the dark vaults of the pentagon cloud servers..oops i mean ats cloud servers. Dunno, simply thinking out loud here. in anycase it would be nice if we had a section " Members Web Sites "

I like that idea...as long as the XXX rated sites were not included. But, wouldn't that fall under the flag of advertising on ATS. Plus, there is a space in our profiles to include a private website. But, having a forum/section dedicated to it, would be convenient.

Des

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I like that idea...as long as the XXX rated sites were not included. But, wouldn't that fall under the flag of advertising on ATS. Plus, there is a space in our profiles to include a private website. But, having a forum/section dedicated to it, would be convenient.

Des

I am sure they have thought about it, as far advertising, well i could think of 10million other places i would place my site do gain unique's rather than ats. Not that ats has anything bad going for it, but each site requires its own field of play and ats has its own field of play as a conspiracy site, now you couldn't add a conspiracy site to a site that cooks biscuits for boy or girls scouts...see what i mean. Can you image around the camp fire the 8 year olds discussing if and how china gained stealth technology ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am sure they have thought about it, as far advertising, well i could think of 10million other places i would place my site do gain unique's rather than ats. Not that ats has anything bad going for it, but each site requires its own field of play and ats has its own field of play as a conspiracy site, now you couldn't add a conspiracy site to a site that cooks biscuits for boy or girls scouts...see what i mean. Can you image around the camp fire the 8 year olds discussing if and how china gained stealth technology ?

Well...it is ATS. And I am a member. Living where I do, and being as self sustaining as I can be up here on top of my mountain...I'd be teaching those kiddies how to make coffee can oatmeal bread around that camp fire. Then we'd be off for their lesson on what is, and what is not edible along the trail, on our after dinner walk.

But I get your drift

Des
edit on 21-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Lot's of great advice being given out here. I personally would be interested to know when you have your site, Etsy store, or whatever online option you will have up and runnning. My girl Stephie would probably love your products and I want to try some. She has an Etsy store as well selling hand knit items.

I wish you the best of success!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Lot's of great advice being given out here. I personally would be interested to know when you have your site, Etsy store, or whatever online option you will have up and runnning. My girl Stephie would probably love your products and I want to try some. She has an Etsy store as well selling hand knit items.

I wish you the best of success!

First, I want to Thank everyone who gave some great advice. I really do appreciate it. A friend is helping me work on my site today. You Guys and Gals are Great!

ETA: I am going with a personal site, as I have already started in that direction in paying for a domain, and host. But, the only other place I will be selling is Etsy, besides doing seasonal craft fairs, and repeat business. Just filling Christmas orders has kept me very busy so far. If this pace expands much, I'll be looking to move my operation to a small building, out of my home....

Tsawyer...does Stephie have a store name on Etsy. I would love to see her work.

Thanks Again...

Des
edit on 22-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hi Des - I sent you a U2U with the links to her store and her business page on Facebook. I don't want to get in trouble for advertising in a thread. Have fun!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Got it...Thank You!!!

Des

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't help with your website but I am really interested in buying your product when you are up and running. I can give you some feedback on paypal..... It love it, it is highly secure. I use it quite a bit to shop online.
If you think of it, will you please let me know when your site is up and running, or you have listed on ebay??

Thanks Des!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TabKat
I'm sorry I can't help with your website but I am really interested in buying your product when you are up and running. I can give you some feedback on paypal..... It love it, it is highly secure. I use it quite a bit to shop online.
If you think of it, will you please let me know when your site is up and running, or you have listed on ebay??

Thanks Des!

Reply's like these are what make me log into ats and enjoy my interaction within here.

edit on 31-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey Des,

Just thought i would take the time on new years day and log into the site and see how things are going. So after all the trolling in other threads, i would like to ask you, how are you going with your site. Remember, if you need any help or advise, simply ask within your thread, i may not be able to answer all your questions but i am sure others will jump in.

Happy New Year 2012

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I might be wrong but it seems you have that text before the head tag, I would have thought this is not advisable because Google searches the body of the site. If it searches and all those keywords are missing from the body you won’t get a good Google trust rank. I would also suggest using Google Analytics because you might be surprised at how much visitors you might be losing out on. I used to have a single page website and I found that 90% of the visitors left within seconds. I would also get the background done as a vector, it is very pixelated. I know you are not interested in doing new graphics, I am developing my own site myself and just thought if you are getting good business now with some more considering it could become way more successful.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Someone else is doing the actual web work. I have no clue how to do that. What he has done is still being worked on, and has not been uploaded, pending my approval.

I'm curious, what do you mean by *trolling* in other threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join