It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul Presidential victory would be great for American but not for the reasons you think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If Ron Paul wins the Presidency or even the Republican nomination it would be a tremendous victory for average citizens.

Why?

It would signal the end of the worlds greatest democracitc people being led to the polls based on rhetoric and media manipulation. It would signal the end of the two parties being able to throw money at a candidates campaign to get him elected. It would signal the beginning of US citizens reacting to the real issues instead of sound bite campaign slogans.

However, there is also plenty to fear. The Republican Party and the news media will not take being marginilized by meer voters lightly. They are already seeking ways to de-legitimize the Iowa caucus because they dared to not vote for the media and party chosen ones - solidly bucking the status quo. Remember their delegates do not have to nominate whoever gets the popular vote.

A vote for Ron Paul in either the 2012 Republican primary or Presidential election is not just a vote for his political platform. It is a vote that says to the establishment, TPTB, the elites, illuminati or whatever you choose to call them that we the people still count and we will stand up and be heard. It is a vote that our founding fathers got it right in making 3 equal branches of government ultimately accountable to the people. It is a vote that we are not sheep, that we cannot be bought or brainwashed into voting for another schill for big government, big business, big banks, Wall Street and big entitlements.

A vote for Ron Paul is a statement that your vote is equal to a $30,000 a plate dinner, a million dollar campagn contribution, a sweet heart real estate deal or a bit of insider trading information.

It's a vote for Democracy and freedom and a return to our status as the most responsosible respectful nation in the history of the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Just look at it.

Look at how many people are opening their heart and seeking to stand up for what America is supposed to be all about.

People have judged us wrongly.

We are a sleeping giant. We are finally awakening.
And we are pissed off.
edit on 21-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
He won't be the Republican nominee, let alone the POTUS. It just won't happen, not with everything he wants to introduce

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
it's the republicans who choose. register to become a republican in your state if necessary and vote for paul.

edit on 21-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Just a quick question from someone outside of party politics. How are the voting inside parties monitored ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's the republicans who choose. register to become a republican in your state if necessary and vote for paul.

edit on 21-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Are you serious? Forgive my ignorance, as i am not an American. I would vote for Mr Paul as he is the only truthful man in politics i have ever seen in any country. Again, sorry for my ignorance.

On the other hand, is it possible for the votes to be rigged, as an example, to be put in Romney's favour?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Do not forget that he also said that as president that he would only accept a $30,000ish salary a year. Wonder if any of the other candidates would do the same.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
He won't be the Republican nominee, let alone the POTUS. It just won't happen, not with everything he wants to introduce

Would you please elaborate...and let me know...what are some of "everything he wants to introduce..." that will not get him elected?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Maybe i shouldn't have used that exact terminology. Mr Paul (who by the way, i hope he becomes POTUS) stated that he would eliminate the Federal Reserve, the CIA (along with other intelligence services), and other aspects along those lines. This, in my opinion will be the reason that he will not be the President. The "elites" as they are called wouldn't allow it, neither would the CIA (and other agencies)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Maybe i shouldn't have used that exact terminology. Mr Paul (who by the way, i hope he becomes POTUS) stated that he would eliminate the Federal Reserve, the CIA (along with other intelligence services), and other aspects along those lines. This, in my opinion will be the reason that he will not be the President. The "elites" as they are called wouldn't allow it, neither would the CIA (and other agencies)

You make some very good points....and I think also some of his stances on certain issues may not get him elected...for instance his stance on Social Security....there are many, many seniors that do vote...and they won't vote for him.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You make some very good points....and I think also some of his stances on certain issues may not get him elected...for instance his stance on Social Security....there are many, many seniors that do vote...and they won't vote for him.

I agree completely. I really do hope that he will be elected President, but i can't really see that happening. Even though i am not a US citizen, i fully respect Mr Paul's ideologies, even if some may be considered bad. I just wish we had someone like him to vote for here in Australia.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The same people voting Dr. Paul in,will be voting Congress out IE;Recalling, if they dont go along with his agenda or policys.Those that vote for Ron Paul better understand thats whats going to have to happen for real change. The establishment will not go down lightly.If they wont change policys,they will have to go,PERIOD. The opposition to Ron Paul is ever so great,especially in the Republican Party. There once was a time the Republicans were closer to Libertarians.I believe that is coming around full circle.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Wait just a minute, first you made absolutist prophetic claims about how he cannot possibly be elected, then you go off about how you aren't even in America and you are ignorant to how the system works here.

So which is it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Do you really think capitalist bourgeois politics would really end if he did become president? He may be a doctor but he can't cure the ills of the capitalist system.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Wait just a minute, first you made absolutist prophetic claims about how he cannot possibly be elected, then you go off about how you aren't even in America and you are ignorant to how the system works here.

So which is it?

I have based my opinion on the facts that the media and other organisations/individuals do not like or agree with what Ron Paul wants to change. Just because i live in Australia doesn't mean i am completely ignorant to US politics, i still research and sometimes watch the absolute bull# that Fox news spills out. I agree, yes i am ignorant to how the US system works on some parts, i was not aware that the people vote for the nominee.

It is pretty much a dead set certain that the 'elites' or other people in power, whether it be Government (CIA, NSA) or Military would not agree with Ron Paul's dramatic changes, as they would either be exterminated or recieve reduced funding.

edit on 21-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I tend to agree.

Yes, I believe there is strong evidence elections have been and are manipulated, BUT vote anyway, why?

Because while elections are manipulated, I don't think they go beyond pushing a certain percentage because beyond that they run the risk of getting caught.

If people would just make up their mind to vote for Ron Paul regardless of others comments on or opinions he would win, it's that simple. But it would take a serious effort.

I like Ron Paul, I think he's the best choice for now, but I don't like all his stance on many social policies, but I could live with him for four years and I suspect he would tackle what we all want regarding the Federal Reserve and immigration before putting SS on the chopping block etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Thank you for replying and elaborating on your position.
Your explanation is logical and rational, and I cannot disagree with it for the most part.

You don't seem to be that ignorant of how thinks work in general, and don't feel bad if you are still learning how things work in the minor details, even I don't know how every little thing works.

At least you are reading and paying attention. Most people I know here in the US don't even care or bother to learn about anything.

So I would say you know more about the US than most people who live here.

Thanks for replying in a friendly and intelligent manner. I apologize if it came off the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No worries mate. I should have elaborated earlier in the topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am also skeptical and cynical as you are.

But at the same time I feel like I don't really have any other options politically at the moment.

So I am just going to do what I know best to do. Try and spread information about current events, politics, economics, civil liberties, world affairs, etc. I can only hope that others may be pressed into questioning their own beliefs and taking a second or third look at the situation (or even a first look), and possibly reevaluating their positions and taking a stand for what is right.

I also have many great doubts about the system actually "allowing" us to have a free and fair election, because I have never seen evidence of one ever happening. So I can't really blame you for feeling this way and because I feel that way as well, for obvious reasons.

We have been conditioned to expect that there is always a 'catch' , and that everything good we ever try to do will blow up in our face.

But at the same time, what other option is there? So I just gotta fight for what I believe in and for what I know is the truth.

In many ways, the life you live in Aussie and the life I live here in the US really isn't that different in the overall grand scheme of things. We both struggle for liberty and we both face an uphill climb to surmount a mountain of lies and treachery. All I know to tell you, and myself, and anyone else, is that we must fight on. We may actually have a chance of 'winning this war' after all. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I totally agree mate! Both of our Government systems are corrupt and it truly is a hard battle to actually get any 'freedom' whatsoever in our countries. I wish you all the best for what ever actions take place over the next uncertain period of the elections and beyond
edit on 21-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join