It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia's president calls for country's Jewish population to return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I know that Tunisia is not in the Middle East, but in North Africa, so it's "almost" Middle East.

News from Tunisia:

Tunisia's president calls for country's Jewish population to return

Tunisia's newly elected president called Monday for the country's Jewish population to return, in statements carried by the state news agency.

During a meeting with the country's Grand Rabbi Haim Bittan, President Moncef Marzouki said that Tunisia's Jews are full citizens and those that had left were welcome to return.

source: www.theglobeandmail.com...

Feel free to give your interpretations.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't think I would take the President up on that offer (for now) if I was Jewish.

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Marzouki, who was elected with 153 of the 202 votes cast, will serve for a year until the constitution is rewritten and new elections are held."

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Won't be happening.

Just in February of this year:

www.google.com...

This particular Synagogue was home to the world's OLDEST Torah that was also torched.

Tunisia's main synagogue is one of the two the most beautiful in the world!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Are they going to return the Jews properties and pay restitution? I doubt it and i doubt there will be many Jews taking him up on this offer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Meh. It's time for the jews to all go back to Israel. Time to reclaim lost real-estate and rebuild the temple. As Israel was stolen by Hadrian and given to gentile peoples, it is time for those gentile peoples to give that land back. If i were a Tunisian jew i'd go to Israel too.

Its a shame the worlds oldest Torah was burned. Barbarians have no respect for history, or ancient religious texts. They burn what they do not agree with and what does not satiate their personal opinions.

top topics

join