It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My lucid dreams/Is this reality...Well...Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Just to clarify:

This maybe in the wrong forum,Mods are welcomed to change the forum if needed.

I've had five lucid dreams in my life, but I'll be talking about the most recent two.

1st: (September 2011)
I thought I had awoken...EVERYTHING was in place as it was the previous night...Nothing was different I was just doing what I normally did on a Thursday morning...I went past the kitchen...My brother and sister were there...And you see they don't live with me..That's when it went lucid...One of my teachers suddenly appeared in the living room,he said hi to me while he watched belly dancers on the BBC News..(?)
....The dream had been dragging at bit now, I was screaming to be set free from it....That's when I woke up.

2nd: (This morning)
I was in my house again,it was incredibly windy-It was blowing the back door open. So I went to close it not to let all heat out while my mum was in the shower,but when I closed the door it just blew back open-I decided not to waste effort and shut the door between the kitchen and living room instead..At that moment I realised that was the wrong back door...That's when it went lucid...But it took a turn for the worst, as I went back outside everything stopped,no sound.....Now instead of my awareness being in my mind it was on my eyes,I was able to blink,hear myself breath and freely move myself....The wind started again now it was much faster,it haunted me...I ran to the front door where in the sky I saw a tornado...Then my new found awareness stopped and it went black but the deathly howl and moan from wind...I could still hear it, it manifested into a cackle-my blood went cold.I felt a dread that I have NEVER felt before, a one that consumed me...I thought I was going to die....
I woke up and wrote this thread...

I have known for a while that the way we perceive is thanks to the brain but...After this morning now I understand this 'REAL'ity.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Revelation11 because: ....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Revelation11

The senses are all perceptions; the Eye deceives the I, and vice versa.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
my friend, i lucid dream constantly. there is an alternative universe and, as we are told, only 10% of our brains are used in the current one.

you are beginning to awaken to a new realm of knowledge.

some of the tricks, should you be able to recognize you are dreaming, are to look for text in your dream. words will be hard to read, because words are inert.. i would recommend the video Waking Life by richard linklater (sp) it would be interesting to you i am sure..

enjoy the thrills of otherworldly dimensional travel! i believe it is all real.. maybe our descendants will be able to tap into it better, should we not promote a warring dictatorship style government and stand up for what we believe in, so that we may explore these new ideas
edit on 21-12-2011 by andboycott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
if you are new to this idea, also research reiki or meditation or astral projection, and also look into sleep paralysis.. there is much to learn =)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andboycott
if you are new to this idea, also research reiki or meditation or astral projection, and also look into sleep paralysis.. there is much to learn =)

I know of all these things,but knowing does not = understanding believe(?)....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Did everything look as if you were underwater? Happened to me, but mine was more of an out of body deal complete with spinning green fractals at beginning and end.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Revelation11

I think lucid dreaming is something different from Out of Body experiences/Astral travel.

In a lucid dream you are in, lets say "dream land", where events and things from your past are played out in front of you, but if you become aware you are dreaming you can take control of the dream. So yes maybe it is reality in "dream land" but that place may be different than where you go during an OOBE, i know when im lucid dreaming and when i'm having an OBE, because in the OBE it's pretty much like real life, im fully aware, but if i request to wake up i will snap back into my body like a rubberband.

I hope im making sense, its late and my mind is jumbled.

Hope i helped.

Ok here's a dumb analogy i came up with:

Lucid dreaming is like playing a video game, in a sense its a real thing, but at the same time it is not. You can affect that place but cannot physically go there. But an OBE is a real place, a place where you can go physically ( in a different vibration/energy)

People get confused because you can manifest ideas, people, and things in both places.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Have you never heard of becoming aware of the fact you're dreaming (Lucid dream state) then shortly after (in my case, instantly) having an OBE?

This is how it works for me anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My opinion is that life is the only thing that is real. More accurately put, the essence of life that is consciousness, or awareness. The fact that it exists is responsible for even the word, "reality". If conscious beings did not exist, the universe would not be also referred to as reality.

That being said, if awareness is a part of the picture, then no matter what, the picture is real and is also relevant.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm interested in the "green fractals" OBE. I think I had one similar to that a week ago but lost my focus by thinking too much about it. I 'fell' out of my body in bed at a time that I was very relaxed and waiting to fall asleep. I did nothing to make it happen and it was very unexpected. As soon as I realised that I was lucid and really out of my body (tumbling pleasantly among geometric shapes and curtains of water) I couldn't help but start a running commentary to myself on what was happening - this had the effect of making me land back in my body.
I did nothing to effect the OBE except regular meditation but hope I get another chance.
For me, lucid dreaming, OBE's and meditation experiences are personal proof of life beyond the five regular senses.
I'd be intersted to know if anyone else has had similar.
edit on 21-12-2011 by stumpymaud because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

No i have, but having a lucid dream is different than an OBE, the OBE's i've had aren't dreamlike at all, and i have never went from a dream into an OBE.

Works different for everyone though!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I understand the difference between the two, and they are two separate feelings of what is happening. I've gone from Lucid dreaming to OBE a couple of times now and I'm unsure why it's happening. There's nothing like Lucid dreaming then leaving your body and feeling the excitement of what's to come to then be slingshot back to my body not long after

But yes I do agree, it can be different for everyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Yea that's another way to tell if you're having just a dream, or OBE. The "rubber-band" effect , being pulled back into your body.

I really hate it sometimes, because the moment i get scared, or see something that is strange and catches me off guard , i will shoot back into my body. But with each experience i seem to travel farther and farther without this happening!

It's just wonderful though, it's all wonderful!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming is very entertaining, I have had some interesting experiences myself. In one instance, I was walking through walls, in another, I was flying. It is a source of contemplation, why cant we see the real world with our dreaming eyes?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What is this sling back rubberband feeling that is being talked about?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The only problem with the notion of their being other realities is that I seem to always come back to this one, and this one seems to be the most stable. So I tend to assume that there really is only one reality, this one, and the others are at best partial or completely imaginary.

I don't cut my finger in a dream and wake up with a cut finger. That's what I experience comparing this waking reality with a dream reality. Now, it might be that this one is just more persistent than the other ones, but does it really matter? Sociologist Emile Durkheim once essentially said that it doesn't matter what reality is, as long as you accept that whatever you're experiencing has real consequences.

Otherwise, reality is a consensus, and if you don't agree with most people about reality being a particular way then you'll be labeled as crazy and locked away, even though you might technically be "right," and everybody else "wrong." And you probably won't be able to dream your way out of it.

new topics

top topics

join