It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's War Games To 'Repel Enemy Aggression'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Things look to be hotting up In Syria with the regime wasting expensive missiles in a show of force aimed at any potential aggressor. I havent agreed with any of the wars however I do feel that Syria would be a just cause so that the people can be freed from the horrors of their day to day lives.

news.sky.com... Syria has tested its military's ability to "repulse any aggression the enemies of our nations might think about", the country's state media has said.

Its air force, air defence units and naval forces have been conducting manoeuvres with warplanes, helicopters, surface-to-air and ground-to-sea missiles.
State TV also showed special forces being dropped from helicopters in a drill described as being "similar to a real battle".
"The manoeuvres aim to test the capabilities of the air force and air defense to repulse any aggression the enemies of our nations might think about," it said.

edit on 21-12-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I havent agreed with any of the wars however I do feel that Syria would be a just cause so that the people can be freed from the horrors of their day to day lives.

Are you from Syria ? Do you know anyone from Syria ? Is there any justification for war ? Do two atrocities make a right ?

I know several, and not one feels that their homes, and loved ones should be blown to small bits. Maybe read the above questions a few times do some digging, and then see how you feel about the matter. If you feel the same way after ask yourself if their is any justification for war for profit, and then ask someone from Syria.

I guess Syria has good reason to invade the USA by your reasoning
edit on 21-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Im guessing these war games may be being held because the calls for foreign military intervention are at the highest in the rebel camp since the protests began.

Also, I have no idea how RT was able to get their reporters inside the country, and actually walk around in the streets. I was under the impression the regime wasnt allowing reporters inside.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

You don't have to be from Syria to see the daily videos and stories coming out of that country. I have watched too many. I don't want a war but some sort of military intervention may be the only way to free the people. Imagine not being able to walk down your own street for fear of being shot buy a sniper. WARNING GRAPHIC
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=syria+ sniper+shoots&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&uni=3

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

So your sources are Sly News, do you live in Syria?

What about freeing the Egyptians from their hell, why not create a no fly zone over Egypt,

Wake up, those that don't watch the news on TV are far more informed than those that do their own independant research.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

Syria is a lot worse than Egypt at the moment,

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yeah just like the freed people of Iraq, and the freed people of Libya living in the rubble that was once their homes. Can you think of any other "freed people" that may feel that bombing their neighbourhood, and the death of loved ones doesn't quite taste like freedom ? Your opening statement of "I don't agree with other wars, but this one is definitely a good cause" seems like a great way to push war on those that are sick of it, and sorry, but its going to take more than some you tube videos to convince me or most people here. If we had the balls to stand up to our own tyrannical government than those would be videos of Americans as our government would respond exactly the same way if not worse if placed in the same scenario.

Common sense says that after the last 9 wars turned out to be for nothing except profit, and were based on lies that maybe another war pushed for by the same people is probably not the best idea. I'm just waiting for them to say something about "WMD's" or "Bio Attack", maybe a little "terror alert red" thrown in the mix. Maybe those were the good old days when they still needed a reason ?

Don't forget that they have faked similar video's before, like the Tripoli anti Qaddafi protest's

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You don't have to be from Syria to see the daily videos and stories coming out of that country. I have watched too many. I don't want a war but some sort of military intervention may be the only way to free the people. Imagine not being able to walk down your own street for fear of being shot buy a sniper.

This assumes the snipers are Syrian military. However, as snipers, they are going to be sneaking about unseen, so who really knows who they are? It's not outside the realms of possibility that some of these snipers shooting civilians are nothing to do with the Syrian military and perhaps are not even Syrian. With US "special forces" and others probably already on the ground, as well as Libyan rebels, who can say with any real honesty that everything being portrayed as government sanctioned is in fact real? We have just been down this road with Libya, yet it seems people very quickly forget the lies used in that little debacle.

The people behind this "rebellion" care nothing for the Syrian people, they are just pawns to be used to justify any military intervention. So, shooting a few and putting up the video blaming the Syrian military is not proof of wrongdoing, but is so often portrayed as such by our own governments and press, without any hard evidence.
Hopefully, the Arab League plan for intervening and opening dialogue will help, but with those behind this already shipping in foreign fighters and arms, I don't see anything good coming from any talks.

I found some of the info here interesting. Ok, it's NOT an accredited news source, but I don't really think info such as this would ever get past the MSM censors!
It's certainly worth following though.

aangirfan.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You know who else is gonna do war games in Syrian waters? Russia.

Shall be fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I know this is the wrong site to say this but not everything is a conspiracy. It's not only snipers they are using tanks against their own people. Hopefully the people will force change as in lybia unfortunately I think they will need help.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

I know this is the wrong site to say this but not everything is a conspiracy. It's not only snipers they are using tanks against their own people. Hopefully the people will force change as in lybia unfortunately I think they will need help.

Ever heard of paid Western American mercenaries? thats what is happening in Sryia America paid off bunch of mercenaries to do there dirty work rather sending the entrie military force like they have done in the past.

Hopefully the people will force change as in lybia unfortunately I think they will need help.

Help From NATO turn Sryia into a western puppet like they did in Libya? Sounds to me you support that luntic John McCain on Sryia but he is a war monger like you are.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Lol you think they are in control of the tanks. Btw I am no war monger further more I'm an Englishman not from the us.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So where is this no fly zone and imminent NATO attack on Syria that folks here on ATS have been clamoring about for the last 3 months?

I hate to say "i told you so" but i told everyone back then i would be back to say so once their predictions didnt come true again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Ever heard of paid Western American mercenaries? thats what is happening in Sryia America paid off bunch of mercenaries to do there dirty work rather sending the entrie military force like they have done in the past.

US paid a bunch of mercenaries? A bunch?

Stupid, more than 5000 were killed in Syria and whole battalions have defected in order to protect the civilians that are getting slaughtered by a dictator that only does this to keep his power.

Have you no shame in disregarding all of these dead people while making the stupid claim that the US simply paid off a bunch of people and this is no biggie?

You guys think you got the whole situation figured out ("unlike most sheeple") yet you can't even state the basic situation as it is.

I'd love to see your reaction if an armed rebellion will start in your country (whatever it is), whole families will fight to death in the streets against the military, and some idiot guy from the other corner of the world will go "Meh.. this is nothing. Just a stage act.. nothing is real in this thing".

I guess it's okay to butcher people by the thousands as long as you're not American or Israeli.

Iranian revolutionary guards slaughtered people in the streets after a staged election - It was a CIA psyop.
Egyptian army ran over people while slaughtering others - It's an act.
Syrian people are getting killed by the thousands - Nothing much, just the US paying off some people.
Egyptian army killed people in the streets yet again - Still everything is okay.

And on the other hand...

USA arrests protesters - OOOHHHO!!1LOL YOU LIVE IN A FASCIST COUNTRY USA LOST ALL ITS VALUES!
IDF kills rocket launching squad - OMG F***ING ZIONIST FAKE JEWS ITS OK FOR THEM TO DEFEND THEIR LAND U **!@#$.

If it's not the US or one of it's allies that does something 'bad' (in this case 'horrible' is more like it), it will be disregarded as a conspiracy or a psyop and will be ignored.
If it is the US or one of it's allies that are in the wrong, it will be an instant outrage.

Stop the hypocrisy for your own sake. When the truth's going to sit on your face you'll be less surprised that way.
edit on 21-12-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join