It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
good luck with your war, I shall have no part of it.

It wont come to a war. The Argies dont have the equipment or manpower that they once had. Its all political bluster for internal consumption.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
no coments

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe you should read your own comment with regards to being hostile the next time you type something eh.

I have no clue why you brought the beatles into this. They like the Falklands are British and will remain British.

If I were Cameron, I would send the president of Argentina a nice note. Touch any ship, or anyone from the Falklands and we will do what Thatcher threatened to do back in 1982, to Benos Aries.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

I bet you all wondering witch side i am on...well

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe you should read your own comment with regards to being hostile the next time you type something eh.

I have no clue why you brought the beatles into this. They like the Falklands are British and will remain British.

If I were Cameron, I would send the president of Argentina a nice note. Touch any ship, or anyone from the Falklands and we will do what Thatcher threatened to do back in 1982, to Benos Aries.

So, are you going to nuke Argentina?

Good luck with that...

If you nuke Argentina, all the South American countries will declare war on Britain, including Brazil, one of the BRICS, and a close ally of China.

Expect a Chinese nuke to wipe out London from the map the following day after you nuke Buenos Aires.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Along with the Nukes the UK will wipe the floor with the Argies once again. With one big nuke hitting Benos Aries, with, Up Yours Argentina written on it!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Well they threaten us we will threaten back.

As for the Chinks, we can nuke them back also, yanno we have more than one nuke.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Gloster

Along with the Nukes the UK will wipe the floor with the Argies once again. With one big nuke hitting Benos Aries, with, Up Yours Argentina written on it!

Once again: expect a Chinese nuke to wipe out London from the map the following day after you nuke Buenos Aires.

You are no longer in a "unipolar world", babe...

edit on 23-12-2011 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by GLontra

Well they threaten us we will threaten back.

As for the Chinks, we can nuke them back also, yanno we have more than one nuke.

I hope you know that China has at least 5 times more nukes than the UK...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

And once those orders are sent out, London might be wiped out, China's capital will be wiped out after it.

If you do not think it would happen why dont you put it to the test since you think the UK would back down.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
On the conspiracy side off things the Argentinian warship "Belgrano" which was attacted and sank by a British submarine was one off the few naval warships not damaged at the Pearl Harbour Japanese air raid, It was delivered to the Argentina navy after WW2.

Just a little fact for ya guys..

"The ARA General Belgrano was an Argentine Navy light cruiser in service from 1951 until 1982. Formerly the USS Phoenix (CL-46), she saw action in the Pacific theater of World War II before being sold to Argentina. After almost 31 years of service, she was sunk during the Falklands War (Spanish: Guerra de las Malvinas) by the Royal Navy submarine HMS Conqueror with the loss of 323 lives. Losses from the Belgrano totalled just over half of Argentine deaths in the Falklands War"
edit on 23-12-2011 by foxhoundone because: Edit mong

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I could not give two woots wither China has a bigger Bazooka than the UK. Once those missiles start flying everyone will get involved so

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

lol

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

Is that your come back?

Taking a dig at homosexuals?

Just shows what a sad dude you really are.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

You forgot to add to that how many British Service men were lost during the Falklands war also or are you just being biased?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

My apologies Laurauk, I was not clear enough. The point i was making was in relation to the belgrano surviving Pearl harbour but getting sunk in a conflict in the south atlantic, thank you.

edit on 23-12-2011 by foxhoundone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
how the hell did china come to be involved in this argument ?

just my opinion - but china would be advised to support the brittish claim to the falklands

why - the spratly islands of course

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If it ever came to a war between Argentina and the UK, there is no way in hell Argentinas South American 'friends' would militarily back Argentina ...... so try and get real, this is NOT a pissing contest.

Just because China is friends with Brazil it also would not militarily back it either ..... China only ever does what is best for China and getting involved in a war with some tin-pot nations as 'allies' is not in Chinas best interests.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOriginalGeeza

Originally posted by morefiber
OMG, I finally understand why the U.S.A. is fighting wars of some type or another on almost every continent, and are drawn to fight over any piece of territory, no matter how minimal the importance. Evidently, as I have recently learned, the U.S. was initially settled by English, which led to many of us here being descendants of English, as well as, our political system being borrowed from the English. It must be something genetic that makes us want to fight when there is really no good reason to do so. This same gene seems to also inhibit the speech and reasoning centers of the brain when ones national pride is challenged. On the other hand, it seems the Argentines have a similar gene. Who knew?

Oh my, can we take it history is not your forte?

Go back in time and see if any civilisation were different on any continent!

I really don't think genetics come in to this argument; human nature does and it is the same the world over and has been a constant since man walked the earth!

:-)

I take it recognition of sarcasm is not your forte.

Honestly, 25 pages over this. I am not sure if the English are any more belligerent than other people, but I can think of a few examples where being near England was all it took to get brutalized. Hundred years war, take over and repression of Ireland, are two examples. I know these are from a long time ago, but it is pretty obvious some of your people really miss the Empire.
You don't need to give me the long list of how every culture is just as violent, I know not every Brit thinks the same, and you will just make my point.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I am not her adviser. Is it possible to discuss this without the tipical hostile attitude?

Sorry to inform you the world is already changing and imperialism will die. South american countries don't need your influence anymore, bye bye monopoly.

South america has all the resources now, UK needed the Beatles to keep the economy in good shape back in the 60's. 2 of them already died.

l don't see that I have a hostile attitude.. I do however see those who support colonists of European descent in Argentina displacing and harming settlers of British descent as the hostile ones.

If they where decent people, if there intentions where not hostile and harmful then they would be working towards gaining the Islanders trust, and would be welcoming them into the South American family instead of attempting to invade, isolate or blockade them.

It seems to me that those supporting a nation of European colonists expanding their land acquisitions into nearby regions by use of military action, blockades and other such tools as quite imperialistic and deeply hostile in nature, but I guess some people are blind to their own hypocrisy.

I entered this thread pointing out that Argentina had all of the worlds banks to approach, be they Russian, Chinese or Brazilian this Argentine Gov chose to turn to a British one (yet again) an action that shows this whole situation to be nothing more than a rabid smoke screen instigated by the Argentine Gov.

However as has devolved into a piddling match I stand by my point, Argentina should kick out the British banks that are "helping" Argentina and be left at the mercy of the IMF, who I am sure they will find are far kinder than the evil British.

I'm *cough* sure the IMF will come up with nice fluffy ways to ensure Argentina meets it's promises and obligations, which I am sure will be enough of a distraction for the Argentine peoples.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join