It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
An Argentine trade minister found hanged in his Montevideo hotel room; direct retribution from UK for this vote?

www.france24.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ats777jed

Ufff! Read and heard about that all day yesterday and never made the connection. Thank you for this intriguing coincidence...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Let's hope this is coincidental.

But you never know.....?

And why would such a rising star of Argentinian politics commit suicide only ten days after being promoted to a ministerial position?
edit on 21/12/11 by Freeborn because: n's

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The plot thickens, I doubt it is UK involvement but you never know. More likely to be suicide or internal but it is intriguing to say the least.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Argentine president says the Falklands are taking their fish and the oil??
What IS she talking about?
I also had to laugh at the "The malvinas is not a South American cause, its a global cause" phrase...Yup, it's right up there with Palestine, Ethiopia, the Sudan etc etc etc

And what grievance does Uruguay have with the UK??

All these third world countries should remember who sends help everytime they have an earthquake and not side with a nation bitter over the #ing good thrashing it recieved 30 yers ago.
Whats done is done and an infantil Argentine government should stop harping on about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yeah, I very much doubt it has anything to do with the UK etc.....but you never know, and the timing, place and general circumstances around it arouse suspicion.

I suppose there could be any number of reasons etc and at present any theories / suggestions are nothing but unsubstantiated conjecture.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Let's hope this is coincidental.

But you never know.....?

And why would such a rising star of Argentinian politics commit suicide only ten days after being promoted to a ministerial position?
edit on 21/12/11 by Freeborn because: n's

He thought it better to commit suicide then to go home without a written agreement from all of the South America nations promising to help with the next invasion.
Im sure the Argentime PM and the Nazi high command that still live in Argentina thought it more honorable.

Im suprised he hung himself and did'nt use the state issued cyanide capsule though.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Jajajajaja!!!! Help!!!! Hahahahahah!!!!!! Third world countries cry for help!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

If there is any cry, it is for the developed coutries to return what they had raped out of third world countries, hipocrites!!!!

Please stop posing as saviours when you are the ones who had always delivered pain...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

By the way, the press here is saying that it might have been some kind of sexual game gone wrong... but...

Second

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

Has the UK ever had a hand in Uruguay,or in any Latin American country for that matter other than Belize,and thats Central America.

Answer - NO.

When theres a earthquake, when theres a tsunami or when theres some natural disaster or other the UK always send aid in the form of firemen,sniffer dogs etc etc.

Uruguay had no need or reason whatsoever to propse this trade block.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narciso

By the way, the press here is saying that it might have been some kind of sexual game gone wrong... but...

Second

Honeytrap?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Second

Would'nt suprise me..just like David Carradine.

He was probably bending over for the Uruguayan minister to pay for his support in the subject.

All politically unecessary.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Let me answer to that with one simple question, or may be not that simple...

Why can NATO countries respond as a block when one of its members has an asset in danger but Mercosur countries can´t? Its seems unfair doesn´t it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Jajajaajaj!!! You are ignorant as you are gross... But I have to admit that was funny, deflecting the topic, but funny.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why can NATO countries respond as a block when one of its members has an asset in danger but Mercosur countries can´t? Its seems unfair doesn´t it?

What ASSET is in danger exactly then ??
Or is the fact that they found oil off the Falklands pissing off the Nazi high command in Buenas Aires.
All that oil revenue would really drag Argentina into the 21st century.
They dont want the Island, they want the OIL.
edit on 21-12-2011 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Narciso

Then I suggest more or less the whole of South America and Central America start asking Spain for recompense for the wholescale slaughter, butchery and exploitation they committed all of which far outstripped anything done by The British Empire.

And isn't it ironic that even now the majority of those in power in those countries are descended from those Spanish conquerors and other European immigrants whilst the remaining indiginous people are generally impoverished and powerless.

ETA.

How can Argentina class something they have never had as an asset?

They were offered full partnership of exploration and development costs and any subsequent profits on something they have no legal or moral claim to.
They turned the very generous offer down.

Simple fact is they aren't going to get a bean...end of story!!
edit on 21/12/11 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

What ASSET is in danger exactly then ??
Or is the fact that they found oil off the Falklands pissing off the Nazi high command in Buenas Aires.

Please research a bit and find out how many times Argentina took this subject to the UN council and it voted in favour of the Islas Malvinas being returned to Argentina. And please, don´t think for a second that I will fall in some anger trap when you keep insulting my government, I probably hate them more than you do, I the one bearing with them anyway so believe me on that...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thats so true. I would be glad if that ever happens, and can only guess why noone is proposing something like that in the region. But one thing right doesn´t make the other wrong, maybe unfair, but not wrong

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

But they don't have an asset in danger, the faulkland Islands never has and never will be under Argentine control. Neither does it have and Native Argentine people. So what asset exactly is under threat?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And you speak about the UN, please can you find me the UN resolution that decrees the Faulkland Islands as Argentinian. The UN recognises the Faulkland Islands as British teritory not argentinian.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join