posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
reply to post by EndGovtCorruption
I don't even think it's logical to think in terms these viruses are not created. Life started as a single cell organism and has progressed to this
point. Hominids have been around for millions of years. I find it highly unlikely that we would evolve over time carrying the best features of
Hominids with us, discarding what was not needed or useful, even whole lines of evolution and would not have developed better immunities to a lot of
ailments we have unless they are being manufactured to get around those immunities. At the current rate of newly discovered human viruses in the last
century it would equate out to billions of strains of viruses since hominids evolved and there would be more proof of the viruses and the deaths and
sicknesses caused by them in the archeological record and there is not
There is no doubt that military efforts to create bioweapons have mucked up our biological world as badly as industrial activities. But you need a
quick primer on viruses and other microbes.
As complex organisms, humans are
an ancient collection of ancient viruses and microbes - composed of groups of microbes and viruses that got
together millions of years ago, learned to work cooperatively and created what are sometimes called "supra-organisms." …..As 'complex organisms,' we
are simply a collection of ancient viruses and microbes that make up our DNA, and live in and on our bodies.
Our bodies - and the bugs that make up our bodies - communicate constantly with each other and with the environment, most commonly by protein-protein
interactions. Changes and perturbations in the environment affect these communications, the existent 'balance' that makes us what we are - and affect
us in ways we are only beginning to understand.
But we do know that creating new viruses and other microbes, and contaminating the environment, definitely muck up the ancient cooperative
relationships that 'are us' - accelerate our ongoing evolution, and change humans' evolutionary directions to accommodate the new environmental
The human microbiome is the entire complement of microorganisms that exists in and on every
human body. ….rapid advances in human microbiome research involve collecting large amounts of data on microorganisms that exist in symbiotic
relationships with the human body. ….
Human Microbiome Project
At birth, your body was 100-percent human in terms of cells. At death, about 10 percent of the cells in your body will be human and the remaining 90
percent will be micro-organisms. That makes you a "supra-organism", and it is the interactions between your human and microbial cells that go a long
way towards determining your health and physical well-being, especially your resistance to infectious diseases.
….a microbiome is the full complement of micro-organisms populating a supra-organism. The goal of the HMP is to sequence the genomes of 1000 or more
of these microbial species and assemble the information in a "project catalogue" as a reference for future investigations.
….even with the availability of technology to explore the microbial world in depth, to date, only a fraction of the human bacterial microbiota has
been genetically identified and characterized. As of late 2009, approximately 1,100 published complete bacterial genomes had been identified with
6,000 more under review.13 Nevertheless there are still huge gaps in our understanding of how the microbiota contributes to human health and
Viruses (the virome) and phages are also key components of the
microbiota. Like bacteria, many of these microbes have yet to be fully characterized by high-throughput genome sequencing. However, molecular
analysis has revealed that nearly all humans acquire multiple viruses, usually within the first years of life, viruses that generally remain with them
throughout life. Polyomaviruses infect between 72% and 98% of humans, surviving in the kid- ney, lung, and skin.14 Similarly, human herpes viruses are
Anelioviruses, as well as adeno- associated virus are now recognized to infect most humans by the end of childhood. The role of these viruses is
unknown, but a significant number of people who harbor them become symptomatic later in life, suggesting that they may be capable of virulence under
conditions of immune dysfunction. According to Herbert Virgin of Washington University, "We carry, for good or for ill, many lifelong [viral]
The Human Body as Supra-Organism
Also see: Who Owns Your Poop? …Designing Bioweapons to Target Specific
edit on 22/12/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)