It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China urges others to help keep North Korea stable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

They may have received notice before the N.Korean leader died?! What else do they know that we dont't,why are they reaching out for are help when they threatened us to stay away from Iran?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

I guess no one wants war on their borders, and seriously North Korea seems so broke and the population so destitute that the migration into China will put a huge strain on their resources.. In both instances China (like every other country) is doing all she can to protect herself, either from a loss of oil supplies or from mass migration.

Just my tuppence worth

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Nobody has to worry about North Korea right now, they are undergoing an important transition of power. What bothered me the most was that the South Korean military was put on high alert because of Kim Jong's death, which I feel like was unnecessary. It feels like the Western powers are trying to take them out. Since this was an unexpected blow to North Korea, I really do not think they will even pursue a nuclear weapons program without trying to stabilize the nation first.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

If no one is worried why is China calling to other countries to make sure they maintain stability? If there wasn't any hint of worry they wouldn't be asking for countrys to keep an eye on them. Plus a young man in his 20s with that kind of power in these times is not good in my opinion

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If china is so concerned why don't they push NK in the right direction?

If the US really want to fix the NK problem they only need to leave the south. The North would find it very hard to play the US card if the US wasn't there, then china would have no choice but to get NK under control.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

What China is saying is to leave N Korea alone and not focus or bring up the nuclear issue. China knows N Korea is like a "spoiled" brat and China could only nudged it every now and then but not all the time. A flare up in that region would be bad for China as it will then have to defuse the situation and that would divert its attention to nation building which it is pursuing presently. A distraction is not what China wants. N Korea is an impovished country but it is a very proud country. You can say that its also a very ungrateful country living on charity but still arrogant. China is aware of all these things that is why it encourages the world to keep helping in food aids and not rock the boat. To put in simply...help by all means but with no strings attached ...please.

top topics

join