It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compiling Evidence, Hints, Clues Toward WWIII

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've seen a number of threads on a number of forums the last several months about WWIII being soonish.

I just read another one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, there are a list of such topics in the WWIII forum.

I hope tomorrow or soon to put a tabular post with the more convincing such threads and sources listed and a kind of

"Subjective Units of Distress" or SUDs sort of score as to my personal guesstimate as to how credible, how predictive and how soon the item could be rated on. That is to list each item

Such as the above:

. TOP GENERAL SAYS IRAN SHOULDN'T MISCALCULATE OUR RESOLVE.

Then list a guesstimate of (1-10) A) how credible: 9-10 or say 9.5 on that one
B) How predictive: maybe a 3-5 on that one for say a 4.0 and
C) how soon: maybe a 6-18 months for that one. I think a range would be better with maybe a median also listed for the range.

I have a fantasy that IF some of our bright minds and diversity of perspectives on here could list the better links, threads, sources, assertioins toward WWIII . . . particularly over a few weeks or so . . . we could watch for trends in even the subjective stats. AND that said trends might be quite informative--particularly if there were some sharp increases.

I wonder if there's another measure we should assess . . . perhaps say

D) emotionality umph--what level of emotional energy seems to be inherent in the source, item. This one I'd say maybe a 4.5
E) And maybe what degree might there be some deliberate "Fear mongering" with the item. I mean--deliberate socially manipulative fear mongering VS preparing society for calamity--clearly a judgment call. I'd say maybe a 3.5.

So maybe also

F) what degree is the item seemingly a call to prepare for calamity. I'd say maybe a 5-7 for a 6.0

I don't think any individual's ratings would be all that significant. Many dozens of bright very diverse folks on ATS rating each item could be quite interesting, if not informative, imho.

However, This is not likely to be the best effort it could be unless a significant diversity as well as at least a dozen or 3 of us would participate.

Is there enough interest to do it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

A Human Web-Bot to predict future events? Is that what you are going for?

That'll be pretty hard. The diversity alone will make things difficult. Rationality vs. emotions.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Certainly it would be a motly collection of subjective responses.

However, I think the diversity would average out a lot of the idiosyncracies.

Certainly it would not even BEGIN to approach the complexity and thoroughness of the webbot stuff.

I just think ATS has a wealth of bright diversity and it would be useful and informative--at least interesting--to see what we could produce over several weeks to several months.

It will take me a day or 3 to come up with the tabular form. I'd try then, to update it every day or 3 after that with the inputs from ATSers.

I am wondering, though, if it would be more productive and wiser to go the RESEARCH FORUM route with this . . . or not???
edit on 21/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: added question

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I look forward to how you want to implement this.

But be prepared to hear things you don't want to hear.

new topics

top topics

join